Kodi Community Forum
Using "My Movies" movie collection management software as source for movie meta data? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: Using "My Movies" movie collection management software as source for movie meta data? (/showthread.php?tid=38493)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- tyborg - 2008-12-31

JohnWPB your kidding right? Why reinvent the wheel? follow BLKMGK's link 6 posts up and click on Jester's builds. There is a build that was compiled today. Or any one of the builds in Jester's archive will work for you as they were all compiled in the last couple weeks. A lot less effort than creating your own app. With those credentials you keep posting I would at least expect you to be able to follow simple instructions and a link.

- JohnWPB - 2009-01-01

Yea, maybe the fanart part is not needed, but I do thing it would be nice to have a MyMovies and DVD Profiler conversion. Both programs output an XML of the entire collection, and then can just be parsed out to make the individual nfo's. An option to rename the folders in the process (The Matrix (2001) ) would be helpful adding the year as well, pulled from the xml's, as at least it is something I have not done personally. This would make any future scans much easier to get the info.

Hell, if I was feeling really energetic, I could just read the xml's and put info directly into the XBMC SQL database. I have already have some code here i did with AutoIt that does this with a music database already. This would be a 30 second routine to add the 2000+ movies I have already cataloged in MyMovies.

- pecinko - 2009-01-01

JohnWPB Wrote:When you download the file, it also has a Win32 folder with the XP build in it.

Yea MyMovies did at one time import movies from the DVD Profiler xml export. I have not been happy since MyMovies dropped the ability to add movies from IMDB. If its not in MyMovies Database, you are out of luck.

? I just checked last version 2.51 and it has DVD Profiler import (file/import) ?

- pecinko - 2009-01-01

JohnWPB Wrote:Cool, thanks for the help and tips. This Site makes it easy, No building necessary Smile

You can grab SVN builds from here also:

http://www.mediafire.com/xbmc

- pecinko - 2009-01-01

BLKMGK Wrote:From the looks of that link your finding the T3CH XBOX builds - no workie on XP! However this link might help :-)

I didn't know that the My Movies XML was being used. I happen to use DVD Profiler and years ago My Movies would import from DVD Profiler. I'd hate to have to go through a convoluted path to get there but maybe I need to load My Movies to get at the DVD Profiler data? <sigh>

Why don't you give it a try. As I can see in latest version of MM, import from DVD Profiler is supported. It is possible that support for fanart will be also added to MM in near future Wink

What bothers me more is offline DVD support, but I won't bitch about it again.

- pecinko - 2009-01-01

JohnWPB Wrote:Yea, maybe the fanart part is not needed, but I do thing it would be nice to have a MyMovies and DVD Profiler conversion. Both programs output an XML of the entire collection, and then can just be parsed out to make the individual nfo's. An option to rename the folders in the process (The Matrix (2001) ) would be helpful adding the year as well, pulled from the xml's, as at least it is something I have not done personally. This would make any future scans much easier to get the info.

Hell, if I was feeling really energetic, I could just read the xml's and put info directly into the XBMC SQL database. I have already have some code here i did with AutoIt that does this with a music database already. This would be a 30 second routine to add the 2000+ movies I have already cataloged in MyMovies.

Hi John,

I could sure use folder renaming option as well.

May I ask - with so huge DVD database, how do you plan to manage offline DVD titles? XBMC lacks offline DVD support at the moment.

- JohnWPB - 2009-01-01

I do not have any "Offline" DVD's. I have painstakingly over the past couple years ripped all my DVD's to Xvid avi's. I would rip the DVD's to the hard drive using DVD decryptor, which only takes about 10 minutes. Then I used Auto Gordian Knot, as it has a batch mode. I would select about 20 of the movies at a time to compress, and just let the machine run till it was finished. All of my movies thus far are standard definition.

- pecinko - 2009-01-03

deh2k7 Wrote:Hi all,

I'm about to start archiving my entire DVD collection, and I'm looking to use MyMovies to do so.

I understand that some work was done so that XBMC can recognize the MM information. In order to make sure that XBMC can properly recognize the info from MM, what is the best way to rip the DVD's and folder structure?

Currently, I plan on ripping the entire DVD, using VIDEO_TS (I hear ISO isn't such a good idea for DVD's).

Is there anything specific I need to do to ensure that XBMC will be able to read the info tags that MM creates?

Thanks!
D

*** Mods - please move this to the XBMC Windows forum, I placed this thread i nthe wrong forum accidentally. ***

Hi,

Sorry for delay, i did not notice your post:-( It is up to you, as XBMC can play ISOs too. I have chosen ISO format, as I prefer to have only one file (ISO or M4V). It is important to choose *online* title while adding to MM, in order for MM to generate .xml file in movie folder. Second thing is to use XBMC build capable of reading MM xmls - meaning build 16178 or higher.

I had some problems with thumbnails while using builds 165xx thou.

Question on how XBMC handles imports with NFO's and MyMovies.xml in place - JohnWPB - 2009-01-03

Ya know, I just really do not understand the way this is working....

I gave XBMC Media Center Companion a try (Latest avail build). I scanned all of my movies, and spent the better part of 5-10 hours correcting the movies that it got incorrect. I then wrote a script to go into each of my movie folders, and make a copy of the "mymovies-front.jpg" (Nice Hi-Res images) and rename the copy to "Movie Title.tbn.".

Once this was completed, I had Media Companion search for any available fan art.

Thinking everything was done, the .nfo's were already in place, all the .tbn cover art was in place, Available fanart was in place and thought that would be then end of it.

I opened XBMC, and removed all sources (Latest SVN build avail from links above). I then scanned the movie folders with XBMC, and it STILL had to scrape the web for every single movie ( a LONG time with 2,300 titles!). Why would it have to do this at all if the .nfo, Fanart, and .tbn's were all in place in every individual folder?

Upon completion, it has a LOT of the covers incorrect, and did not grab half of the fan art that were available in the folders.

What is going wrong here? All of my file naming conventions that XBMC are EXACTLY as stated in the online help files.

Here are the files that I have in one folder as an example:
  • 2 Fast 2 Furious.avi
  • 2 Fast 2 Furious.nfo
  • 2 Fast 2 Furious.tbn
  • 2 Fast 2 Furious-fanart.jpg
  • mymovies.xml
  • mymovies-back.jpg
  • mymovies-front.jpg

As you can see I have BOTH the mymovies.sml, as well as the 2 Fast 2 Furious.nfo files in place. Why will it not just use the provided information, and still have to scrape the web, and get tons of covers and titles all messed up?

- pecinko - 2009-01-03

Gamester17 Wrote:Anyone care to update the wiki documentation for this feature in XBMC?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Export_Library#Importing_library_information_from_.22My_Movies.22_media_management_software

Wink

Can I suggest to please move this tread away from dev section, and maybe give it a sticky for starters?

- pecinko - 2009-01-03

JohnWPB Wrote:Ya know, I just really do not understand the way this is working....

I gave XBMC Media Center Companion a try (Latest avail build). I scanned all of my movies, and spent the better part of 5-10 hours correcting the movies that it got incorrect. I then wrote a script to go into each of my movie folders, and make a copy of the "mymovies-front.jpg" (Nice Hi-Res images) and rename the copy to "Movie Title.tbn.".

I do not want to talk you out from using XBMCCompanion, but didn't you already had all the information needed in MM xmls?

Quote:Thinking everything was done, the .nfo's were already in place, all the .tbn cover art was in place, Available fanart was in place and thought that would be then end of it.

Problem is that your .nfos are being ignored when XBMC finds mymovies.xml. If you want to use nfos, try renaming mymovies.xml.

Quote:Here are the files that I have in one folder as an example:
  • 2 Fast 2 Furious.avi
  • 2 Fast 2 Furious.nfo
  • 2 Fast 2 Furious.tbn
  • 2 Fast 2 Furious-fanart.jpg
  • mymovies.xml
  • mymovies-back.jpg
  • mymovies-front.jpg

In that scenario, info should be gathered from mymovies.xml, mymovies-front.jpg should be used as DVD cover, and 2 Fast 2 Furious-fanart.jpg shown. This is the way I'm using it and I can confirm that works.

If you are not getting that, I would suggest you to try different XBMC build. I can confirm that 16450 build works fine with above:

http://ocs.nl/xbmc/Archive/XBMCSetup-Rev16450.exe

I would stick with that before next stable release. I had problems with thumbnails on builds 165xx, and I am not sure it was fixed in newer builds.

Hope that helps.

- BLKMGK - 2009-01-03

pecinko Wrote:Hi,

Sorry for delay, i did not notice your post:-( It is up to you, as XBMC can play ISOs too. I have chosen ISO format, as I prefer to have only one file (ISO or M4V). It is important to choose *online* title while adding to MM, in order for MM to generate .xml file in movie folder. Second thing is to use XBMC build capable of reading MM xmls - meaning build 16178 or higher.

I had some problems with thumbnails while using builds 165xx thou.

FWIW, I find ISO to be MUCH more reliable. It takes about 300megs more space for each movie IME but it DOES play more reliably with XBMC and it makes the tagging process cleaner too. In fact I am in the middle of processing about 700 movies from VOB/IFO to ISO right this moment and NO it is NOT a fast process - using Shrink with no compression to do it...

P.S. Finding XBMC Media Companion MUCH improved and working easier for me than Movie Info who's interface is confusing as heck but seems to do more - often without my knowing it :-O

- DranDane - 2009-01-12

I also think that most users may be interested by a compatibility between the nfo (xbmc) system and the xml (Vista media center) system.

- Gamester17 - 2009-01-12

DranDane Wrote:I also think that most users may be interested by a compatibility between the nfo (xbmc) system and the xml (Vista media center) system.
I don't think discussion belongs in this thread, please start a new topic in the feature suggestions forum instead.

Anyone using MyMovies for their offline collection? - MrBasset - 2009-02-26

Hey,

Does anyone here use MyMovies to manage an offline collection, and how have you solved (if at all) getting your offline library into XBMC?

From what I can see I'd have to:

1. create fake files for all my DVDs (~400 of the things, so I guess I'd have to script it so I don't go mad)
  2. for each movie in MyMovies, point it at the fake file so that it creates the mymoives.xml properly
  3. point XBMC at the offline movies and import

Which just about negates the point of having everything catalogued in MyMovies in the first place. Has anyone put together an offline solution yet? I've seen discussions of how to go about coding it, but haven't been able to find any patches or scripts.

Cheers,
~Dan