Kodi Community Forum
Using "My Movies" movie collection management software as source for movie meta data? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: Using "My Movies" movie collection management software as source for movie meta data? (/showthread.php?tid=38493)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- ultrabrutal - 2009-02-26

dan, xbmc imports mymovies.xml files. if your problem is that mymovies does not recognize your movie files (iso, rar, mkv etc), then you need a newer version, also put a nfo with the imdb url in the folder. mymovies will pick this up and do it's lookup via the imdb tt and then create the mymovies.xml files.

more on all this later

- MrBasset - 2009-02-26

ultrabrutal,

Thanks for the reply.

ultrabrutal Wrote:if your problem is that mymovies does not recognize your movie files (iso, rar, mkv etc)

The problem is that I don't have any files; this is for offline content, so it's all the DVD's I haven't ripped. I want to be able to browse this collection, and then pop in the DVD that I've selected to watch (realise that XBMC can't link the discid to the disk yet and request that exact disk).

ultrabrutal Wrote:... also put a nfo with the imdb url in the folder. mymovies will pick this up and do it's lookup via the imdb ...

MyMovies has already pulled the details and cover info, so I'd rather not perform a look up again Eek

I can export my entire MyMovies DB as a MyMovies.xml, but this is a single file with all the movies in it. I've then popped the XML into an "offline movies" folder and added it as a source in XBMC, choosing the "MOVIES XML" scraper ... it's one of jester's builds, from the 17xxx SVN (going from memory and cant remember exactly), so I'm assuming it has the latest working scraper.

XBMC won't read this though; I assume I'd actually need to have an xml per "fake" movie file with the cover info.

Think that what I'd need is a scraper to run through the flat xml and convert it into a file structure representing the movies, copy cover info from the images across from where ever MyMovies has them, set the path to dvd//:videos/vidoes.ts (memory again if that is wrong Oo) and then run the conventional scraper. I've only been playing with XBMC for the past week, but from what I understand the scrapers are python scripts, so if nobody has done so already I could add this by wriring one of these?

since I was the one to implement the mymovies.xml scraping/loading I know that it won't work. mymovies.xml are read in the same fasion as xbmc nfo files and they must reside in the movie folder with one movie per xml file.

to fake offline files I suggest you put a nfo file with imdb url and a mkv or some video file - could be a trailer or something for kicks.
next version of mymovies will download meta data for such a setup and xbmc will list all these in it's library upon updating it.

I understand this is not perfect since you have already put all your offline movies into your mymovis database, but xbmc simply does not support mymovies in this fashion - feel free to do a patch Smile

- MrBasset - 2009-02-26

Hmmm,

Don't think that my c++ skills are up to writing an offline content patch, I think the dinosaurs were still walking around last time I used that language Big Grin

I wondered if this plan would work?
  • I write a python script which takes my offline MyMovies export and uses it to create a folder structure representing the movies I have
  • it then copies in the images from MyMovies and forks out the XML in the "per movie" format
  • it also creates my fake movie file or some such
  • I can then add the movie source as normal and your MyMovies code should work it's magic.

I can look at adding checks and measures later to stop it recreating files that have already been added, but I figure if I can get that part working it would save me a lot of effort.

Or was that the part you were referring to as not working in your post?

P.S. sorry was referring to scrapers etc earlier, think that that was the wrong term here

There were dinos in 1979? Wink

I will talk to Brian from MyMovies.dk about an option to create the fake structure for offline movies in XBMC. This won't only benefit XBMC so he might be interested.

- MrBasset - 2009-02-27

ultrabrutal Wrote:There were dinos in 1979? Wink
Considering what passed for a computer around then ... yes Nod Though I propably wouldn't have been old enough to know about it Oo

ultrabrutal Wrote:I will talk to Brian from MyMovies.dk about an option to create the fake structure for offline movies in XBMC. This won't only benefit XBMC so he might be interested.

That would be totally awesome, though I might still have a go at writing the python script. Just to see how easy it is (or not). I bought a book on python years back figuring it was something handy to learn and then never got around to reading it.

Still though will keep an eye here to see what comes of it ... might even try my hand at C++ again ... though having worked with C# for a while, and these days just telling people how to write software, the concept is scary Blush

- ultrabrutal - 2009-02-27

The project is a go! Smile

I want to take it a step further and have mymovies put a video and a subtitle in the folder. This video should say something like "Please insert media..." and the subtitle should state the location field from your mymovies database (for example Shelf X, Row Y).
It would ofcourse be better if XBMC had support for offline titles and skinners could do something nice, but right now this is our best option.

Does anyone have videos with such text or is able to make some nice ones at different resolutions? PM me if you are interested and can out

- pecinko - 2009-02-27

daniel.pool Wrote:Hey,

Does anyone here use MyMovies to manage an offline collection, and how have you solved (if at all) getting your offline library into XBMC?

Hi Dan,

I "solved" the problem with generating empty .txt files and renaming them to dummy.avi. I lied to MM that content is online, so it generated .xmls. I order to recognize offline movie catalog number, I inserted -on disc number xx- text at the beginning of movie plot... :-(

Unfortunately, I don't know how to expand existing XBMC library support myself and the others seams to be interested in online content only.

In case someone else is interested in "solution" mentioned above, I could ask a friend with coding knowledge to make a script to automate the process.

Hold your horses.. Like I say, My Movies will do all this and more for you in upcoming version...

- pecinko - 2009-02-27

ultrabrutal Wrote:The project is a go! Smile

I want to take it a step further and have mymovies put a video and a subtitle in the folder. This video should say something like "Please insert media..." and the subtitle should state the location field from your mymovies database (for example Shelf X, Row Y).
It would ofcourse be better if XBMC had support for offline titles and skinners could do something nice, but right now this is our best option.

Does anyone have videos with such text or is able to make some nice ones at different resolutions? PM me if you are interested and can out

Hi ultrabrutal,

It is great to hear that you are in contact with Brian and that XBMC and MM cooperation is improving.

I just wanted to comment a few things from my point of view. Any support for offline content is probably better then no support at all, but I am afraid that if we take a wrong turn it would be very difficult to change that later.

Since MM have one of the most complete support for movies metadata, it maybe a logical move to accept missing parts and extend existing XBMC library support. It is a matter of adding a few additional fields in database. This includes, for example, sound, subtitles and offline content metadata. I suppose that extending library support once to add missing tags is better than adding it chaotically from time to time when, for example, skinners are asking for additional sound tag support. I suppose that we all want most complete and stable base for everyone to build upon?

For those using scrapers, nothing would be changed. For the users that want to use MM or any other collection manager, it would provide possibility to add additional metadata info.

As I read from MM forums, Brian is willing to extend MM support, so it would generate xml AND XBMC nfo files. It is a pity in some way, that XBMC developers have no time or interest to invest in this matter.

I will post some MM xml examples later.

pecinko Wrote:Since MM have one of the most complete support for movies metadata, it maybe a logical move to accept missing parts and extend existing XBMC library support. It is a matter of adding a few additional fields in database. This includes, for example, sound, subtitles and offline content metadata. I suppose that extending library support once to add missing tags is better than adding it chaotically from time to time when, for example, skinners are asking for additional sound tag support. I suppose that we all want most complete and stable base for everyone to build upon?

Extending the library with support for offline movies would be great, however this is a much bigger undertaking than just faking offline movies. I do not have enough offline movies nor time to do this and don't think Spiff is willing either (been up before)

pecinko Wrote:As I read from MM forums, Brian is willing to extend MM support, so it would generate xml AND XBMC nfo files. It is a pity in some way, that XBMC developers have no time or interest to invest in this matter.

I've been working with Brian to extend MyMovies towards both XBMC and TViX which I use. So yes MyMovies will generate XBMC nfo xml files and also read imdb url from existing nfo file so matching is correct

- pecinko - 2009-02-27

ultrabrutal Wrote:Extending the library with support for offline movies would be great, however this is a much bigger undertaking than just faking offline movies. I do not have enough offline movies nor time to do this and don't think Spiff is willing either (been up before)

I understand, and my post was not primarily aimed at you.

However, I just wanted to point out that it is not ONLY about offline content. MM provides possibility support for spoken languages and format, subtitles, parental ratings, video size and format or backcover art.

I just though that since you are already cooperating with Brian and he is willing to extend support from his side, maybe the time is right to consider library improvements on XBMC side as well. I can see from forum requests that it is needed. Of course, some can say that this is something you can easily live without, or that you can find a working workaround some way or the other. That is true, but on the other side, you can also make 3 DIRs on your PC (pic, video, music) and use Winamp as well.....

- pecinko - 2009-02-27

Here is MM XML example:

Code:
<Title>
<ID>1</ID>
<WebServiceID>d880eb27-d8b6-46a1-b305-d94e6cba7c73</WebServiceID>
<CollectionNumber>190</CollectionNumber>
<Type>DVD</Type>
<Barcode>8596978507815</Barcode>
<Country>Czech Republic</Country>
<LocalTitle>Star Wars II: Klony útočí</LocalTitle>
<OriginalTitle>Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones</OriginalTitle>
<SortTitle>Star Wars II: Klony útočí</SortTitle>
<Edition>Widescreen</Edition>
<IMDB>tt0121765</IMDB>
<AspectRatio>2.35:1</AspectRatio>
<VideoStandard>PAL</VideoStandard>
<ProductionYear>2002</ProductionYear>
<ReleaseDate>5.16.2002</ReleaseDate>
<RunningTime>142</RunningTime>
<TagLine/>
<Description>Deset let po Epizodě I pokračují dobrodružství a dramatické osudy rytířů Jedi Anakina Skywalkera a Obi-Wana.. </Description>
<ExtraFeatures NotPresent="False">- Nové scény - Dokumenty z natáčení - Teasery, videoklipy - Trailer - Kinoplakáty</ExtraFeatures>
<ParentalRating Adult="False">
<Value>5</Value>
<Description>Rated PG for sustained sequences of sci-fi action/violence.</Description>
</ParentalRating>
<DataProvider/>
<DataProviderId/>
<ImportSource/>
<ImportId/>
<LocalTrailer>
<URL/>
<Type>-1</Type>
</LocalTrailer>
<Covers>
<Front>C:\ProgramData\My Movies\FileStorage\Covers\c3dce64f-2a4a-4962-83d7-82c71b420b5d.jpg</Front>
<Back>C:\ProgramData\My Movies\FileStorage\Covers\21acbccd-3890-4425-bf22-cf1de9345903.jpg</Back>
</Covers>
<DataChanged>11/16/2008 10:47:19 AM</DataChanged>
<CoversChanged>11/16/2008 10:47:37 AM</CoversChanged>
<LockData>True</LockData>
<LockCovers>True</LockCovers>
<Added>10/31/2008 8:15:24 PM</Added>
<RecordChanged>11/16/2008 12:00:06 PM</RecordChanged>
<Categories/>
<Genres>
<Genre>Action</Genre>
<Genre>Adventure</Genre>
<Genre>Fantasy</Genre>
<Genre>Science-Fiction</Genre>
</Genres>
<AudioTracks>
<AudioTrack Language="English" Type="Dolby Digital Surround EX" Channels="5.1"/>
</AudioTracks>
<Subtitles NotPresent="False">
<Subtitle Language="Czech"/>
<Subtitle Language="Croatian"/>
</Subtitles>
<Studios>
<Studio>LucasFilm Ltd.</Studio>
</Studios>
<Discs>
<Disc TitleMode="False">
<DiscIdStored/>
<DoubleSided>False</DoubleSided>
<Name>Disc 1</Name>
<DiscIdSideA>6B2931E3-88F977ED</DiscIdSideA>
<DiscIdSideB/>
<LocationSideA>F:\Movies\_PORODICNI\STAR WARS 2</LocationSideA>
<LocationTypeSideA>1</LocationTypeSideA>
<LocationSideB/>
<LocationTypeSideB>-1</LocationTypeSideB>
<ChangerSlot/>
<TitlesSideA>
<Title ContainsEpisode="False" MainMovie="True" Number="1" Hours="02" Minutes="16" Seconds="41" Frames="00" FPS="25">
<Title/>

<Chapter ContainsEpisode="False" Number="1" Hours="00" Minutes="00" Seconds="00" Frames="12" FPS="25">
<Title/>
</Chapter>
</Title>
</TitlesSideA>
</Disc>
</Discs>
<Persons ActorsComplete="False">
<Person Type="1">
<Name>Ewan McGregor</Name>
<Type>Actor</Type>
<Role>Obi-Wan Kenobi</Role>
</Person>
<Person Type="1">
<Name>Natalie Portman</Name>
<Type>Actor</Type>
<Role>Senator Padmé Amidala</Role>
</Person>
<Person Type="1">
<Name>Hayden Christensen</Name>
<Type>Actor</Type>
<Role>Anakin Skywalker</Role>
  </Persons>
</Title>

- pecinko - 2009-03-07

ultrabrutal Wrote:Extending the library with support for offline movies would be great, however this is a much bigger undertaking than just faking offline movies.

There is a workaround that could be easily done. Offline movie number could be imported to existing PLOT field in library. PLOT field is already shown in Aeon/Horizonz skin. What do you think?

- ultrabrutal - 2009-03-09

pecinko Wrote:There is a workaround that could be easily done. Offline movie number could be imported to existing PLOT field in library. PLOT field is already shown in Aeon/Horizonz skin. What do you think?

I'm not a big fan of hacks like this and I don't think a patch would be accepted by the devs either