Kodi Community Forum
[PATCH] LaunchPlayer - External Video Player Launcher (to launch third-party players) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [PATCH] LaunchPlayer - External Video Player Launcher (to launch third-party players) (/showthread.php?tid=40136)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

- Jester - 2008-12-04

ashlar, read above (page 14) and see if you can do the same,
so move zoomplayer to something like c:\player\zplayer.exe

- ashlar - 2008-12-04

Jester Wrote:ashlar, read above (page 14) and see if you can do the same,
so move zoomplayer to something like c:\player\zplayer.exe
I'll try, but as I wrote I believe his problem was born from using the " when they were not needed (and they indeed freeze XBMC).

- konfoo - 2008-12-05

GregKeys Wrote:<filename>"C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Media Player Classic\mplayerc.exe"</filename>

As someone else pointed out - don't use quotes when specifying the filename. I'll look into the space in filename issue -- but if you have these kinds of issues please place this in the trac ticket since it is easier to keep track of there.

- konfoo - 2008-12-05

Jester Wrote:Ok, i've updated the patch to work with the latest SVN (16458)
if somebody (dev's) can test my patch ? that would be nice
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5300

P.S.
I'm doing a test build in a minute for people to try, i'll post it here when done:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35452&page=27

Thanks Jester Smile. There are some modifications still pending (the player needs to be renamed to External Player, and the extplayer patch needs to be merged in and tested amongst other things).

- Jester - 2008-12-05

konfoo Wrote:Thanks Jester Smile. There are some modifications still pending (the player needs to be renamed to External Player, and the extplayer patch needs to be merged in and tested amongst other things).

patch needs to be re-done anyway, wiso just checked-in a boatload of updates to the SVN

Just wanted to help push this to get it merged into the SVN...

- ashlar - 2008-12-05

Sad Sad Sad Nothing, nothing, nothing. Why, ye gods, why?!?!?

Zoomplayer stays in the background, MPC-HC won't launch in fullscreen. Defaultplayer is not working (DVD Player remains default).
Back with the first version of this patch everything was working perfectly with ZoomPlayer, but back then there was XBMC autoswitching to 60Hz. Now that that is gone, the patch is not working correctly.

The XBMC gods hate me, I understand now. With the same arguments ZoomPlayer starts on top from MediaPortal. XBMC stays on top even if I launch it in windowed mode (with resolution set to auto, meaning I get the standard Windows dressing).

- konfoo - 2008-12-05

ashlar Wrote:The XBMC gods hate me, I understand now. With the same arguments ZoomPlayer starts on top from MediaPortal. XBMC stays on top even if I launch it in windowed mode (with resolution set to auto, meaning I get the standard Windows dressing).

Interesting because MPC works for me - I run it full screen resolution bot not fullscreen, and I don't have any window dressing. I suggest the following:

1. Save all your prefs using MPC's gui (make sure it's not saving to a .ini file but using the registry as per default)
2. Map a key on your remote to alt-tab incase MPC starts playing behind XBMC (usually you only have to flip it to the front once -- I am trying to track this issue down).

I am using eventghost with XBMC/MPC to handle the remote input.

- greenteagod - 2008-12-05

SlaveUnit Wrote:Why dont you:
a) Write a new front end yourself with any codec you want

or

b) Shut the fuk up and be grateful we have this free piece of software in the first place. Realize that this is a port from an xbox and it has come a long way to work with other systems. Be grateful that people are working on this software daily for only a voluntary donation. Insulting the devs only does the opposite of what you are looking for. Yes, even with your little gay ;-) wink face, it doesn't help.

or

c) Use Media Portal.

Pretty simple eh?

Angry

- gkarkala - 2008-12-05

ashlar Wrote:Sad Sad Sad Nothing, nothing, nothing. Why, ye gods, why?!?!?

Zoomplayer stays in the background, MPC-HC won't launch in fullscreen. Defaultplayer is not working (DVD Player remains default).
Back with the first version of this patch everything was working perfectly with ZoomPlayer, but back then there was XBMC autoswitching to 60Hz. Now that that is gone, the patch is not working correctly.

The XBMC gods hate me, I understand now. With the same arguments ZoomPlayer starts on top from MediaPortal. XBMC stays on top even if I launch it in windowed mode (with resolution set to auto, meaning I get the standard Windows dressing).

I am having exactly the same issue as ashlar. I am using Vista Ultimate and running XBMC in windowed mode. I tried mapping of eventghost as suggested, but XBMC just hangs while MPC is running.

- ashlar - 2008-12-05

konfoo Wrote:Interesting because MPC works for me - I run it full screen resolution bot not fullscreen, and I don't have any window dressing. I suggest the following:

1. Save all your prefs using MPC's gui (make sure it's not saving to a .ini file but using the registry as per default)
2. Map a key on your remote to alt-tab incase MPC starts playing behind XBMC (usually you only have to flip it to the front once -- I am trying to track this issue down).

I am using eventghost with XBMC/MPC to handle the remote input.
I use HIP to handle remote input. But as I mentioned ALT-TAB is not a solution. For ZoomPlayer it does nothing. And with MPC is not that the software doesn't stay on top, it does. But it does in maximized mode, not fullscreen. Even if I run XBMC in windowed mode (and currently there's no way, for me, to run it fullscreen windowed at native resolution. I have to set it to Auto resolution handling and launch windowed, in that case I have the window dressing).

To sum it up, and just for clarification... I don't have the strength to "complain" as I understand all of you are doing this out of passion and free time.

1) ZoomPlayer, with the same arguments launches perfectly from MediaPortal run in fullscreen.
2) MPC does the same.
3) In XBMC ZoomPlayer stays in the background no matter what, there's no alt-tabbing. Even if running XBMC in windowed mode, at a resolution lower than desktop, XBMC stays on top and ZoomPlayer on the bottom.
4) MPC stays on top but there's no way of running it fullscreen, it runs maximized no matter what internal options and command line arguments I use.
5) This could have something to do with the fact that I run at 1366x768@48Hz set as a custom resolution to get pixel perfect mapping of my plasma display. This means that the resolution is indicated as 1366x768 48Hz (fullscreen).
Before I had a 1366x768 and a 1366x768 (fullscreen), but the refresh rate wasn't handled correctly and XBMC autoswitched to 60Hz no matter what.

I'm here if more info is needed. I actually plan to file a bug report for #5 because it makes it impossible to use the automatic refresh rate adjustment function (even if I have custom resolutions for 24, 48, 50 and 60Hz, XBMC "sees" only the one active at the moment it's launched).

- WiSo - 2008-12-05

@konfoo: not sure if you already do it but you should unlock the LockSetForegroundWindow.
XBMC tries to stay in foreground therefore this behavior needs to be stopped during launch player.
You might want to have a look at CWIN32Util::XBMCShellExecute

- Jester - 2008-12-05

updated the patch to work with the latest SVN

http://trac.xbmc.org/attachment/ticket/5300/

Edit: made another build with this patch if people want to test again the latest SVN (SMB enabled etc.)

it's in the Test folder

- staticx - 2008-12-05

can't get it to lunch the player...

- ashlar - 2008-12-05

staticx Wrote:can't get it to lunch the player...
You should provide some more info. How does your advancedsettings.xml look, for instance? Which external player are you using?

- ashlar - 2008-12-05

WiSo Wrote:@konfoo: not sure if you already do it but you should unlock the LockSetForegroundWindow.
XBMC tries to stay in foreground therefore this behavior needs to be stopped during launch player.
You might want to have a look at CWIN32Util::XBMCShellExecute
By the sound of it, this sounds promising for the "players remain in background" problem.
On the other hand, konfoo, why is it that the "default player" setting is ignored?
Is there anyone that is managing to activate Launchplayer as the default player, using the advancedsettings.xml setting?