Kodi Community Forum
[PATCH] LaunchPlayer - External Video Player Launcher (to launch third-party players) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [PATCH] LaunchPlayer - External Video Player Launcher (to launch third-party players) (/showthread.php?tid=40136)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

- Jezz_X - 2008-12-12

Spooon69 Wrote:My default externalplayer (zoom player in this case) launches nicely when running video files via XBMC (mkv, avi, etc), but when selecting ISO files, it still uses the internal dvd player as default (Play Using... shows it as default, externalplayer is the second option). Any way to make externalplayer default for everything?

Zoomplayer and many other playes probably do not support playing files inside iso's or rars like xbmc does infact I have yet to find a windows player that does. So no probably not since its based on an internal filesystem of xbmc.
And once you launch the player xbmc has no control

- BinaryTB - 2008-12-12

I've got ISOs and IMGs setup via the registry to automount when executed and Zoom Player set to play upon insert of a DVD. So if I run externalplayer from XBMC using Zoom Player, zoom player sees the file, executes (which automounts using Daemon Tools), and then plays the movie just fine.

My only problem is that XBMC doesn't set externalplayer as the default for the DVD player.

Zoom Player 6 has it's own uncompress ISO feature, but it's slow since it literally decompresses the entire thing into a temp folder and then plays it. I prefer the Daemon mounting way.

- bluemonq - 2008-12-12

Going off in a completely different direction... I was wondering if it would be possible to force the external player onto a different screen, or whether a program like Ultramon would be able to "catch" the player and know to move it to a secondary screen?

I ask this as one of a few misunderstood/crazy/inspired/"a little of all three" folk who wish to have the gui of XBMC on one display and the video on another. I figure that there isn't much of a chance this feature will ever show up in XBMC, and that my only hope was to turn what originally was a codec hack into a display hack.

(And yes, I already know about the web interface, but there's a certain skin that my setup works a whole lot better with.)

- ashlar - 2008-12-12

bluemonq, what player are you using? Some have specific command line options to achieve that.

- bluemonq - 2008-12-12

(can't seem to delete this post)

- bluemonq - 2008-12-12

I'm using MPC, but I'm not married to it. I'd be willing to use pretty much any player if I can get it to do what I would like.

- BinaryTB - 2008-12-12

Zoom Player has command-line switches that can specify which screen to use.

- bluemonq - 2008-12-13

Awesome! Could I trouble someone to try sending it to a second screen? I'm a few hundred miles away from my XBMC machine =/

- BinaryTB - 2008-12-13

I don't have a second monitor on my machine, but here's the command-line reference:
http://www.inmatrix.com/zplayer/parameters.shtml

- alanwww1 - 2008-12-13

Hello !

Fist of all let me thank for everyone developing this really usefull function !

Is there any improvements with the issue with international characters in the movie filename ?

I think it would really help a lot of people around using this function.

- ashlar - 2008-12-13

Konfoo, does this trigger the "already watched" mechanism?

- PantsOnFire - 2008-12-14

I'm regressing :| :|

I'm still having problems with this.

I'm using the build from here:

http://ocs.nl/xbmc/

And also the latest build in the TEST folder.

I cannot even launch files in LaunchPlayer in these revisions. When I right-click (equivalent) to hit "play using..." there is no option at all! There is just "queue item" and a few others.

Looking around in settings, I cannot find the option where to set XBMC to play vids using LaunchPlayer.

Previously I was using 16207 where my problem was that XBMC would not launch in fullscreen. But with this newer version, I can't even get MPC to run full-stop.

Can someone please advise me why this is so, or if the option to set to launch with LaunchPlayer is in there, where it is.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that this is something due to registry entries or something like that, because changes being made to the AdvancedSettings.xml are just not taking effect.

-For the record, I'm not setting MPC to "save settings to INI". There are options set in MPC, but in the XML i have /fullscreen.

Surely xbmc should be looking nowhere else for info about what state to launch the window in.

I'd really like to know what I can do.

Hope someone can help.

- Jester - 2008-12-14

Pants, the build in the test folder didnt include the launchplayer patch, however, I'm changing the patch later today so it is working again with the latest SVN.
unfortuanatly this needs to be done until this patch gets put into the main SVN (hopefully soon....)

I'll do a build sometime today that has the latest SVN + launchplayer patch.

- Jester - 2008-12-14

build with latest SVN+launchplayer patch done (Rev16555)

- mrqpira - 2008-12-14

How to a make advancedsettings for two indepedent players for video and audio, for example:

video = KMPlayer
audio = foobar2000

This is possible ?

Tanks for help.