Kodi Community Forum
[PATCH] LaunchPlayer - External Video Player Launcher (to launch third-party players) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [PATCH] LaunchPlayer - External Video Player Launcher (to launch third-party players) (/showthread.php?tid=40136)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

- zhangxk - 2008-12-19

rev 16612 does not support media file named in chinese.
Unfortunately

- alanwww1 - 2008-12-19

zhangxk Wrote:rev 16612 does not support media file named in chinese.
Unfortunately

Neighter central european... Sad

- ashlar - 2008-12-19

Is this going into SVN or not?
@konfoo, regarding this, are you open to discussion or it's another "no way" thing, such as the "by extension" functionality? Smile

- zhangxk - 2008-12-21

sorry,my english is poor.rev 16612 does not support media file named in chinese.
Please solve this problem,thanks.

- smtdd - 2008-12-21

LOVE THIS PLUGINS!

Smile

Continue to monitor the progress of this plugins....

(These used google translation)

- bluemonq - 2008-12-22

zhangxk Wrote:sorry,my english is poor.rev 16612 does not support media file named in chinese.
Please solve this problem,thanks.
This is not an issue with these unofficial revisions but rather with XBMC itself.

- zhangxk - 2008-12-22

but xbmc (Official version) does not support rm, rmvb etc.

- Asswipe44 - 2008-12-22

I've been searching this thread for indication of full bluray support (menus) with the right external player. If I find software that reads blurays just like a normal bluray player, can I integrate the app via LaunchPlayer to truly make XBMC an AIO solution?

Sorry if this has already been asked, answered, or posted. Just wondering.

- gnomie - 2008-12-22

i am in the same boat @Asswipe44 seems like that IS the case and the program i am trying atm is powerdvd8. altho i hear windvd plays bd as well.

- gnomie - 2008-12-22

update

@konfoo anyway to make the externalplayer used ONLY for bd discs? found you have to right click and go to play with then external player which is the default strangely...thing is i have a ton of avi, rips, etc that play fine with the builtin xbmc player and id like to keep it that way (not my box, tech newb family box) but i need powerdvd 8 to start up for bd discs which is does thanks to you Big Grin but ideally no extra work required by user...you follow?
@Asswipe44 it works. externalplayer launches player then returns to xbmc when you are done. so AIO.

- bluemonq - 2008-12-23

Currently with LaunchPlayer itself there is no way to automatically specify for [X] filetype to be played with an external player only with leaving others to be handled by the internal player. It's all or nothing.

- RandomXBMCUser - 2008-12-23

I have a problem,

XBMC will launch the external player, by default, when viewing avi files, but I have to manually pick the external player everytime I launch a DVD, or else it will use the internal player by default. Is there a way to set it to always go external?

______

Also, for those still having trouble playing Media Player Classic fullscreen along with XBMC fullscreen, it is easy enough to do, you just have to create an intermediary batch file in a lower-level directory (i.e. C:\ or a simple directory).

For example, I created a batch file called "mpc.bat" in C:\ that points to my MPC folder, looks like this:

Code:
"C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic\mplayerc.exe" /fullscreen /monitor 2 %1

Then plug that batch file into your advancedsettings.xml and you should be good to go. Hopefully that helps some people out.

- Asswipe44 - 2008-12-23

Great! Thanks for the responses, gnomie and bluemonq. Shame it kind of defeats the purpose of XBMC if "all or nothing" as mentioned, but good news nonetheless. Gnomie, what is your advice regarding external players? I know you mentioned PowerDVD, is that the best one right now? I have experience with it in Windows, but am planning on building XBMC on a Linux-based machine. Is it available for this particular OS?

- gnomie - 2008-12-23

randomXBMCuser, i am not sure what you ahve done but i wish i had your problem Big Grin i want it the other way around, any chance you could post your advancedsettings.xml? internal for avi, external for bluray discs...

@asswipe not sure if there IS an oss alt to powerdvd type deal. ill give it a look. someone mentioned tmt i think on another thread to play back bluray so perhaps that will have an answer.

- gnomie - 2008-12-23

ok arcsoft total media theatre = TMT. yay for google...also i assume you are on ubuntu? looks like mplayer and some ffmpeg codecs is the only way to go. and from what 5 mins of google tell me you might have to rip the bluray first...unfortunately because of hdcp and the drm associated (which is why xbmc cant play it natively) you might have to go windows mate. i went windows because i figured this would be an issue and the box i built is intended for windows oriented family Big Grin