Kodi Community Forum
[PATCH] LaunchPlayer - External Video Player Launcher (to launch third-party players) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [PATCH] LaunchPlayer - External Video Player Launcher (to launch third-party players) (/showthread.php?tid=40136)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

- RandomXBMCUser - 2009-01-03

RandomXBMCUser Wrote:I have a problem,

XBMC will launch the external player by default when viewing avi files, but I have to manually pick the external player every time I launch a DVD, or else it will use the internal player by default. Is there a way to set it to always go external?

Any help? Is this not possible?

- Jester - 2009-01-05

skillshot Wrote:Hi,

as i mentioned above, i have it working. Replace the line

POINT m_ptCursorpos;

with

#if defined(_WIN32PC)
POINT m_ptCursorpos;
#endif

and it will compile fine. Still got digital sound and fullscreen-problem, but i can successfully launch vlc, mplayer or whatever i want from xbmc on ubuntu.

HtH, Skillshot

I'll include this patch when I update it again to be in sync with the latest SVN, then konfoo needs to have a look at it because it might be included in the main SVN branch Smile

- spiff - 2009-01-05

as jmarshall has stated on the trac, fix the remaining issues and it will

- Gamester17 - 2009-01-05

spiff Wrote:as jmarshall has stated on the trac, fix the remaining issues and it will
@everyone, here is the link again for reference => http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5300

- Jester - 2009-01-07

I'll have a go at fixing, if konfoo doesn't beat me to it....

- konfoo - 2009-01-08

We just added twins to our family so my hands are 'full' right now Wink

- ashlar - 2009-01-08

konfoo Wrote:We just added twins to our family so my hands are 'full' right now Wink
Congratulations!!!
Jester, do you think you could activate the "watched" flag once a file has been fed to the external player?

Edit: "No end-user support and no feature/function requests here please!"
Sorry konfoo and Jester, didn't fully realize we were on a different section of the forums now... Could we maybe create a support thread in the Windows area?

- Jester - 2009-01-08

konfoo Wrote:We just added twins to our family so my hands are 'full' right now Wink

extra hands never hurt Tongue

Congrats !!!

- Jester - 2009-01-08

my main goal for tonight is to update the patch to work again with the main SVN, then dust off my coding skillz (been 15 years....) and see if I can change the patch to the dev's requirements and hopefully get it in the main SVN, other requests have to come later ....

- Jester - 2009-01-08

patch updated to SVN 16962

edit:
however, i'm getting compile errors now...debuggin

- jmarshall - 2009-01-09

A clean version of the patch is up as well now, and I'll commit this version to SVN as soon as it's been verified that an OS X build works (the files needing adding to the project basically).

- tvont - 2009-01-09

jmarshall Wrote:A clean version of the patch is up as well now, and I'll commit this version to SVN as soon as it's been verified that an OS X build works (the files needing adding to the project basically).

The patch fails at 2 hunks: (build 16977)

patching file project/VS2003/XBMC_PC.vcproj
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1425.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file project/VS2003/XBMC_PC.vcproj.rej
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
patching file project/VS2008Express/XBMC.vcproj
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1992.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file project/VS2008Express/XBMC.vcproj.rej

I applied the missing lines manually, which seems to lead into a doubling in externalplayer.h

After fixing that, compiling works, but while linking, I receive the following error:

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
"CExternalPlayer::CExternalPlayer(IPlayerCallback&)", referenced from:
CPlayerCoreFactory::CreatePlayer(EPLAYERCORES, IPlayerCallback&) in PlayerCoreFactory.o
ld: symbol(s) not found

If someone could help me with that....

Thanks,

TvT

- Jester - 2009-01-09

cleaned up the cleanup Wink (double file entries)

pitty I don't have a mac lying around, I don't understand the input error, the declaration syntax should be the same on win32 or OSX...

- tvont - 2009-01-09

@Jester

The Problems with compiling took place with the old patch revision.
With the new one I only get one error left (see my edited Post above)

tvont Wrote:The patch fails at 2 hunks: (build 16977)

patching file project/VS2003/XBMC_PC.vcproj
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1425.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file project/VS2003/XBMC_PC.vcproj.rej
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
patching file project/VS2008Express/XBMC.vcproj
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1992.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file project/VS2008Express/XBMC.vcproj.rej

I applied the missing lines manually, which seems to lead into a doubling in externalplayer.h

After fixing that, compiling works, but while linking, I receive the following error:

"CExternalPlayer::CExternalPlayer(IPlayerCallback&)", referenced from:
CPlayerCoreFactory::CreatePlayer(EPLAYERCORES, IPlayerCallback&) in PlayerCoreFactory.o
ld: symbol(s) not found

Thanks,

TvT

- wayland - 2009-01-09

anyone know how to setup externalplayer with mpc-hc? i tried last night with build "-Rev16962-jester-externalplayer" but could only get mpc to start in the background