Kodi Community Forum
[LINUX] HOW-TO configure Soundgraph iMON VFD/IR Receiver (used by many HTPC chassis) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [LINUX] HOW-TO configure Soundgraph iMON VFD/IR Receiver (used by many HTPC chassis) (/showthread.php?tid=40290)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

- spozen - 2009-02-03

The IR receiver is Plug and play, the remote isn't. (or at least if you want to use all the features).

garbage output on LCD - ali_Sheepuk - 2009-02-11

Hi

I'm running Ubuntu 8.10 (64 bit) on an athlon x2 4600, abit a-s78h system using the onboard ati HD3200. I have an antec micro fusion case with RM100 remote and 0038 LCD.

I have followed the instructions from Cofin, but at this point:

Quote:sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc-modules-source

I get:
Code:
ali@ali-desktop:~/lirc$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc-modules-source
Removing all DKMS Modules
Done.
Adding Module to DKMS build system
Doing initial module build

Error!  Build of lirc_imon.ko failed for: 2.6.27-11-generic (x86_64)
Consult the make.log in the build directory
/var/lib/dkms/lirc/0.8.3/build/ for more information.
Installing initial module

Error! Could not locate lirc_atiusb.ko for module lirc in the DKMS tree.
You must run a dkms build for kernel 2.6.27-11-generic (x86_64) first.
Done.
ali@ali-desktop:~/lirc$

I know this has been covered earlier in the thread, so to get round the issue i downloaded the source packages from ubuntu repos, and followed the instructions here:http://sites.google.com/site/it1stop/Home/linux/mythbuntu---linuxmce/lirc-remote?pli=1 Which i believe essentially applies the same patches as cofin's solution.

If i do the clock commands, i can get the ugly clock, and can make it disappear again (yay!Big Grin) I have also got the RM100 remote working, with all the button presses being registered in IRW.

I have then gone through the processes described by cofin for installing LCDproc, but when i restart (after completing the instructions) there is only random garbage displayed on the LCD. This garbage ranges from single pixels flashing to incorrect time being displayed eg. 36:98 PM (useful!Wink)

There is a picture of my problem here: http://codeka.com/forums/download.php?id=7, hopefully someone will recognise it and know whats going on!. I'm quite new to linux and really stumped as to whats going on, so im not sure what information you guys need from me to see whats wrong.

I would be really grateful if you could help me out as i'm starting to lose hope!

THANKS!

ali

p.s. the lcd works in vista so i assume its not a hardware problem!

- odinb - 2009-02-13

mvdaat Wrote:So now I want my logitech to be configured as a MCE remote but i'm not exactly sure how to do this.

Anyone with a logitech remote managed to fix this?

You update it with the logitech application that came with the remote, and just tell the application that you have a windows media center. This is done the same way you entered what TV, amplifier and so on that you have...

- scurra - 2009-02-18

Thanks for that great tutorial. My Setup now works great but the MCE Remote doesn't. I also put in the imon pad conf file which works nicely but every other remote i try doesn't get recognized ... It seems to me the ir receiver is limited to the imon pad remote but that cant be true, as in windows mce works nicely too.
Any ideas?

- Azzir - 2009-02-22

Hi All :-)

Thanks for the tutorial... it looks like it would do the job, except for one sticking point I appear to be having (and I don't think I'm alone).

Now I've done quite a bit of searching and I've read this entire thread, but still no go.

I'm running Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid (fresh install), and I have a Thelmaltake DH-101 case with the iMon VFD/IR receiver built in the front.

This is what I've done:

Code:
sudo apt-get install lirc-modules-source cvs build-essential dialog libtool automake1.9 autoconf
sudo apt-get build-dep lirc lcdproc
sudo apt-get remove lirc lcdproc
Check.
Code:
sudo mount -t usbfs none /proc/bus/usb
sudo cat /proc/bus/usb/devices
Confirmed that the device Vendor=152c and ProdID=0038 is present and Driver=none, so skipping to dragging down CVS repository
Code:
cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/lirc login
cvs -z8 -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/lirc co lirc
cd lirc
./autogen.sh
./setup.sh
Yep no probs.. used empty password and all files downloaded successfully.
Code:
make
Confused Here's where things get pear shaped... here's the output (I've bolded where I think the problems are:
Quote:ryan@Hubble:~/Hubble/lirc$ make
make all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ryan/Hubble/lirc'
Making all in drivers
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/ryan/Hubble/lirc/drivers'
Making all in lirc_dev
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/ryan/Hubble/lirc/drivers/lirc_dev'
Makefile:8: **************************************************
Makefile:8: *** Makefile trick not undone, trying to recover *
Makefile:8: **************************************************
mv Makefile.automake Makefile
make all
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/ryan/Hubble/lirc/drivers/lirc_dev'
cp ./../lirc_dev/Module*.symvers .
cp: cannot stat `./../lirc_dev/Module*.symvers': No such file or directory
make[4]: [lirc_dev.o] Error 1 (ignored)

mv Makefile Makefile.automake
cp ./../Makefile.kernel Makefile
CPPFLAGS="" CFLAGS="" LDFLAGS="" \
make -C /lib/modules/2.6.27-11-generic/build/ SUBDIRS=/home/ryan/Hubble/lirc/drivers/lirc_dev modules \
KBUILD_VERBOSE=1
make[5]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.27-11-generic'
test -e include/linux/autoconf.h -a -e include/config/auto.conf || ( \
echo; \
echo " ERROR: Kernel configuration is invalid."; \
echo " include/linux/autoconf.h or include/config/auto.conf are missing."; \
echo " Run 'make oldconfig && make prepare' on kernel src to fix it."; \
echo; \
/bin/false)
mkdir -p /home/ryan/Hubble/lirc/drivers/lirc_dev/.tmp_versions ; rm -f /home/ryan/Hubble/lirc/drivers/lirc_dev/.tmp_versions/*
make -f scripts/Makefile.build obj=/home/ryan/Hubble/lirc/drivers/lirc_dev
gcc -Wp,-MD,/home/ryan/Hubble/lirc/drivers/lirc_dev/.lirc_dev.o.d -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.3.2/include -D__KERNEL__ -Iinclude -I/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.27-11-generic/arch/x86/include -include include/linux/autoconf.h -Iubuntu/include -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -O2 -m64 -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel -funit-at-a-time -maccumulate-outgoing-args -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -Iinclude/asm-x86/mach-default -fno-stack-protector -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -pg -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -DIRCTL_DEV_MAJOR=61 -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I/home/ryan/Hubble/lirc/drivers/lirc_dev/. -I/home/ryan/Hubble/lirc/drivers/lirc_dev/. -I/home/ryan/Hubble/lirc/drivers/lirc_dev/../.. -I/home/ryan/Hubble/lirc/drivers/lirc_dev/../.. -I/lib/modules/2.6.27-11-generic/build//include/ -I/lib/modules/2.6.27-11-generic/build//drivers/media/video/ -DMODULE -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s" -D"KBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(lirc_dev)" -D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(lirc_dev)" -c -o /home/ryan/Hubble/lirc/drivers/lirc_dev/.tmp_lirc_dev.o /home/ryan/Hubble/lirc/drivers/lirc_dev/lirc_dev.c
/home/ryan/Hubble/lirc/drivers/lirc_dev/lirc_dev.c: In function ‘lirc_register_driver’:
/home/ryan/Hubble/lirc/drivers/lirc_dev/lirc_dev.c:355: error: ‘buffer_size’ undeclared (first use in this function)
/home/ryan/Hubble/lirc/drivers/lirc_dev/lirc_dev.c:355: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/home/ryan/Hubble/lirc/drivers/lirc_dev/lirc_dev.c:355: error: for each function it appears in.)
/home/ryan/Hubble/lirc/drivers/lirc_dev/lirc_dev.c:249: warning: unused variable ‘chunk_size’

make[6]: *** [/home/ryan/Hubble/lirc/drivers/lirc_dev/lirc_dev.o] Error 1
make[5]: *** [_module_/home/ryan/Hubble/lirc/drivers/lirc_dev] Error 2
make[5]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.27-11-generic'
make[4]: *** [lirc_dev.o] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/ryan/Hubble/lirc/drivers/lirc_dev'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/ryan/Hubble/lirc/drivers/lirc_dev'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ryan/Hubble/lirc/drivers'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ryan/Hubble/lirc'
make: *** [all] Error 2
ryan@Hubble:~/Hubble/lirc$
There were two people on the reference site (http://mythtvblog.blogspot.com/2008/04/getting-imon-0038-lcd-working-with-lirc.html) who reported the same issue, however no fix/workaround was posted.

Can anyone be of any assistance? Huh

- Gurney - 2009-02-22

Hi all,

Thanks for this great tutorial ! Exactly match my needs ! Wink

But... I get stuck upon making the LIRC driver from CVS.

Code:
make[6]: *** [/home/xbmc/cvs/lirc/drivers/lirc_dev/lirc_dev.o] Erreur 1
make[5]: *** [_module_/home/xbmc/cvs/lirc/drivers/lirc_dev] Erreur 2
make[5]: quittant le répertoire « /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.27-11-generic »
make[4]: *** [lirc_dev.o] Erreur 2
make[4]: quittant le répertoire « /home/xbmc/cvs/lirc/drivers/lirc_dev »
make[3]: *** [all] Erreur 2
make[3]: quittant le répertoire « /home/xbmc/cvs/lirc/drivers/lirc_dev »
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Erreur 1
make[2]: quittant le répertoire « /home/xbmc/cvs/lirc/drivers »
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Erreur 1
make[1]: quittant le répertoire « /home/xbmc/cvs/lirc »
make: *** [all] Erreur 2

The complete log is here: http://pastebin.com/m62658770

I guess I miss something but I cannot figure what. Any thought?

Cheers!

- Azzir - 2009-02-23

It looks as though you and I are having similar issues (see last post on previous page)

lirc_imon lirc_dev lirc_mceusb2 for Antec Fusion Black - rodercot - 2009-02-23

Hey all,

*** NOTES ***

REMOTE USED - M$ GREY 1039 Model (when I refer to remote and I am talking about the hand-held) I do not use the RM100 or RM200 remote with the in case LCD/IR (I think it would be the same as below only by modifying your lircd.conf and lircrc files.
CASE = ANTEC FUSION BLACK 430 with LCD device ffdc, Not the 0038 or 0036.
OS - Mythbuntu 8.10 with all updates and kernel 2.6.27-11-generic
XBMC REV - SVN 17292 (everything works for me here)
XBMCLive - lirc 0.8.4a Would not compile for me only error out so I just installed Mythbuntu 8.10
Hardy - Never tried as I do not use it at all any more

Mythbuntu 8.10 has lirc embedded in pretty much the whole system if you try and remove lirc it will also remove a bunch of myth programs I tried this and then just reinstalled the programs and then tried to compile lirc-0.8.4a with NO success so finally the easiest thing was to open up the intrepid backport and that will install lirc-0.8.4a without a hitch and overwrite the current install in mythbuntu. This is all in the how to below.

*** END NOTES ***

So I have been wrestling with this whole deal for more than a week and it was driving me MAD.
Anyhow, I have gotten it fixed now and it works 100%, I am running mythbuntu 8.10 and XBMC SVN r17292 with nvidia 180.22 not the myth included or glx drivers.

I have the LCD and the IR rcvr working perfectly in the case and then the M$ dongle hidden behind the system to transmit to my Express Vu rcvr. I could get either of the two devices setup correctly and they would work perfectly but try to put the two together and all he double hockeysticks would break out.

So I followed this thread for the LCD down to the part where it says sudo modprobe lirc_i2c as I do not use that module. Then here is a link to my posts on how I got the rest to all work together. NOTE this is on 8.10 Intrpeid and using the lirc_dev lirc_imon lirc_mceusb2 modules all together the kernel support for all three are included in intrepid AND the LCD support is enabled in lirc 0.8.4a by default no need to recompile for multiple devices.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1069267

and here is a link to my post for the rest.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1075080

if you are just using XBMC and not myth and you just need to get the ir and vfd working then you can follow all the steps in the links I have posted BUT you do not have to edit the rc.local file AND you do not have to edit the /etc/modprobe.d/aliases file and finally you can just edit your hardware.conf file to look like the remote section of mine and edit your lircd.conf file to use the mceusb portion from mine that has the bits at 32 instead of 16

THE following is not part of the how to but really more of an FYI for you.

if you use the single device only with the mce remote (handheld not the dongle) and the ffdc ir/lcd device

type lsusb to get the model of your device that is currently on the usb bus then

type ls -l /dev/lirc*

with the ffdc device you should see

/dev/lirc0
/dev/lircd

and finally your device line in hardware.conf SHOULD BE "/dev/lirc0"

if you are using both devices (Antec IR/LCD and the M$ USB Dongle)

than lsusb gets you the current devices on the usb bus

and then typing ls -l /dev/lirc* you should see

/dev/lirc0
/dev/lirc1
/dev/lircd

NOW add to the transmitter section in your device= line in hardware.conf

"/dev/lirc1"

and the sudo /etc/init.d/lirc restart

and type

ls -l /dev/lirc* and you will see

/dev/lirc0
/dev/lirc1
/dev/lircd
/dev/lircd1

finally you can also type lsmod | grep lirc and it will tell you which modules are getting loaded up and ofcourse with the single device only you should only see lirc-dev and lirc_imon with both devices you should see lirc_dev lirc_imon and lirc_mceusb2

lirc0 and lirc1 are the devices you have connected currently and in this case (no pun intended) the lcd module (lirc_imon) and your M$ remote (lirc_mceusb2). lircd and lircd1 are the sockets created from those two devices. if you follow my post links above all this will work for you. I have gathered more than 50 links in the past week trying to get this thing working correctly and now i got it.

rgds,

Dave

- droopy4u - 2009-03-02

I'm trying to get my remote and vfd working on my Silverstone LC-20M working (vendor 15c2 prodid 0036) in combination with XBMC Live.

I see in the forums, that this how-to should help me do it, but I get stuck real quick.

Code:
(T: XBMCLiveCD)xbmc@XBMCLive:$ sudo apt-get build-dep lirc lcdproc
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
[b]E: You must put some 'source' URIs in your sources.list[/b]

I guess this is where it all starts, I don't have anything in sources.list it's an empty file
Can anyone provide me with the proper steps? Also I tried to unload the usbhid (using my own prodid 0036 instead of 0038 from the startpost) but this still loads after a reboot.

Thanks!

Inter-tech 2008v - rickx - 2009-03-03

This case has the same hardware built in (id 0038). It came with lcd + buttons panel + ir receiver in the case and the imon-pad remote (aka R200). I - like many others, as it appears - had a hard time making this hardware work properly, but now it's all working. I used lots of sources - starting from this thread, but something was always not working. I traced the source of information back to http://www.ronfrazier.net/mythtv/. In the end, my working variation was: use the official lirc sources from lirc.org (v. 0.8.4a) and apply ronfrazier's patch to lirc_imon.c before compiling. BUT making a manual patch and only of a few parts of the patch, the most important parts being the buffer size (4 -> 8) and the function to map the pad's coordinates to only four buttons up-down-left-right. (Note: I avoided using lirc_modules_source because I found it a...buggy pain in the Angry)
All the other variations of howto's I've read did not work. The reason is that my case has some small differences in the codes it uses. Basically the confs I created with irrecord resulted in files very similar to ronfrazier's, but DIFFERENT: the original thermaltake panel conf for example was:
Code:
begin remote

name  Thermaltake_DH-101
  bits           40
  eps            30
  aeps          100

one             0     0
  zero            0     0
  post_data_bits  24
  post_data      0x1EE
  gap          123998

begin codes
          iMEDIAN                  0x000000000F
          AppExit                  0x000000002B
          Escape                   0x0000000017
          Up                       0x0000000012
          Enter                    0x0000000016
          Start                    0x000000002C
          Menu                     0x000000002D

Ok, see that post_data 0x1EE? Mine has a 0x2EE instead Oo
The main lircd conf was
Code:
begin remote

name  imon_pad
  bits           64
  eps            30
  aeps          100

one             0     0
  zero            0     0
  post_data_bits  0
  post_data      0x0
  gap          139998

begin codes
          AppExit                  0x288195B700000101
          Power                    0x289115B700000101
          Record                   0x298115B700000101
          Play                     0x2A8115B700000101
          Open                     0x29B195B700000101
          Rewind                   0x2A8195B700000101
          Pause                    0x2A9115B700000101
          FastForward              0x2B8115B700000101
See that 101 at the end? Mine has 201 EekShockedOoConfused

If someone's interested, I may post my complete files, but before doing that, I still have a problem/question: the panel's buttons are too fast. Using irw I get a minimum repetition of 3 each time I push.
Question: can this be handled?
If so: in the lircd.conf?
In xbmc directly?

Thanks,
rickx

XBMC Live - Fitho - 2009-03-03

droopy4u Wrote:I'm trying to get my remote and vfd working on my Silverstone LC-20M working (vendor 15c2 prodid 0036) in combination with XBMC Live.

I see in the forums, that this how-to should help me do it, but I get stuck real quick.

Code:
(T: XBMCLiveCD)xbmc@XBMCLive:$ sudo apt-get build-dep lirc lcdproc
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
[b]E: You must put some 'source' URIs in your sources.list[/b]

I guess this is where it all starts, I don't have anything in sources.list it's an empty file
Can anyone provide me with the proper steps? Also I tried to unload the usbhid (using my own prodid 0036 instead of 0038 from the startpost) but this still loads after a reboot.

Thanks!

I also got the ID 15c2:0036 device and am trying to make things run on XBMC live. It came with my Chieftec HM-03B HTPC case. Ran into the same problem, but I thought it was a warning and not an error so I continued. Maybe this is the cause of my problems as well.

This is what I did to stop the usbhid from loading for this device.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install lirc-modules-source cvs build-essential dialog libtool automake1.9 autoconf
sudo apt-get build-dep lirc lcdproc
(warning/error like: E: You must put some 'source' URIs in your sources.list)
sudo apt-get remove lirc lcdproc
(lirc failed to stop, but seems to be removed)
vendor/device search: lsusb
(result: Bus 003 Device 002: ID 15c2:0036 SoundGraph Inc.)
(this devices Driver=usbhid)
create: sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/usbhid
add line: #Soundgraph USB IR/VFD usbhid quirk
add line: options usbhid quirks=0x15c2:0x0036:0x0004
save and exit

>>>

I was unable to stop the usbhid with the lines after this

sudo depmod -ae
sudo update-initramfs -u

So I created an rc.local using (suggested in this thread):

sudo nano /etc/rc.local
add line: #!/bin/sh
add line: /sbin/rmmod usbhid && /sbin/modprobe usbhid
save and exit
sudo chmod +x /etc/rc.local

This file needed a couple more lines. But those were for starting the device. Since mine didn't even load it's driver yet I skipped those for the moment.

After reboot and the commands:

I got: Driver=none

Can you confirm if the above worked for you to, Droopy4u?

I didn't get past the next part yet, which is installing the correct driver. I am not sure if we need to install a newer version, but this thread does seem to suggest it. Doing so got me stuck every time, however.
First I tried downloading the official package and patching it using the pad2keys patch:

sudo tar xvjf lirc-0.8.4a.tar.bz2
cd lirc-0.8.4a
patch -p1 < ../lirc-0.8.4a-imon-pad2keys.patch
./setup.sh

select: Soundgraph iMON PAD IR/VFD

sudo make
sudo make install

then:

sudo cp /mnt/install/lirc-0.8.4a/drivers/lirc_imon/lirc_imon.c /usr/src/lirc-0.8.3~pre1/drivers/lirc_imon
sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc-modules-source

This last line gave some errors and after a reboot there was still no driver loaded for my device.

After that I used the CVS approach like the topic starter (don't do this from a mount path, but from a dir in your home (~), the login will fail otherwise):

Code:
cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/lirc login
cvs -z8 -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/lirc co lirc
cd lirc
./autogen.sh
./setup.sh
sudo make
sudo make install
sudo cp ~/lirc/drivers/lirc_imon/lirc_imon.c /usr/src/lirc-0.8.3~pre1/drivers/lirc_imon
sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc-modules-source

and i tried:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc

Don't know in which order, but both gave errors. Somebody on another forum used it like that.

It still doesn't work.

Do you Droopy4u or anybody else have an idea why this is failing on XBMC live?
Is there anybody that got it to work on Live? And how did you do that?
Is it possible to apply the pad2keys patch to the preinstalled 0.8.3pre version of lirc and make that work? I will try this next.

Maybe you've noticed, but I Linux is a bit new to me.

Any help is appreciated.

- rickx - 2009-03-03

Like I mentioned above: let lirc_modules_source away! It confuses things even more having some errors (pvr150, atiusb...). Its only utility is that of dynamically loading the kernel module(s). In this case...who cares? You may install it once you're done with your perfect driver version - if you can't live with a simple "modprobe lirc_imon". For now, remove it.

Once you removed it, do the patch and compile thing again. Install. If it is not there after a reboot, load it with the modprobe above. (p.s. you obviously will have made sure the 0036 id is in the source file). Now it MUST be there. It may still not be working perfectly, but you can start checking irw and irrecord.

bye,
rickx

- droopy4u - 2009-03-03

rickx Wrote:I still have a problem/question: the panel's buttons are too fast. Using irw I get a minimum repetition of 3 each time I push.
Question: can this be handled?
If so: in the lircd.conf?
In xbmc directly?

Thanks,
rickx

Maybe this will get you on the right track:
I've been playing around with mythtv also, and there I had to configure .lircrc file with which button does what. And for each button you had to state how many times the command was repeated by the remote
Check this link (it's at around 2/3 of the page section "The .lircrc file format"): http://www.lirc.org/html/configure.html

I'm not there yet though, still struggeling to get through the first steps as a linux noob

- droopy4u - 2009-03-03

Fitho Wrote:I got: Driver=none

Can you confirm if the above worked for you to, Droopy4u?

I can confirm, just tried it and result is the same...
So we're in this ship together. Somebody who want's to steer us in the right direction?

- rickx - 2009-03-03

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll also test min_repeat in lircd.conf.

a sources.list for ubuntu 8.10 looks like this:
deb http://it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ intrepid main restricted
deb-src http://it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ intrepid main restricted

deb http://it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ intrepid-updates main restricted
deb-src http://it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ intrepid-updates main restricted

deb http://it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ intrepid universe
deb-src http://it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ intrepid universe
deb http://it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ intrepid-updates universe
deb-src http://it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ intrepid-updates universe

deb http://it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ intrepid multiverse
deb-src http://it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ intrepid multiverse
deb http://it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ intrepid-updates multiverse
deb-src http://it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ intrepid-updates multiverse

deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu intrepid-security main restricted
deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu intrepid-security main restricted
deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu intrepid-security universe
deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu intrepid-security universe
deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu intrepid-security multiverse
deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu intrepid-security multiverse
This file should be in /etc/apt/
You may change "it" with one of the many mirrors in your country.
apt-get commands are used with sudo before them (they need root privileges): e.g. sudo apt-get install lirc