Kodi Community Forum
Music FanArt Pack - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: Music FanArt Pack (/showthread.php?tid=40448)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Music FanArt Pack - digitalhigh - 2008-11-16

This will be the first installment in a series of probably 4 packs to start with. Any requests/suggestions are more than welcome.

Pack 1

Pack 2

Pack 3

Pack 1 contains the following:

A Perfect Circle
AC/DC
Aerosmith
Audioslave
Avenged Sevenfold
Beatles
Blink 182
Chevelle
Cobain
Coldplay
Disturbed
Eminem
Five Finger Death Punch
Flogging Molly
Flyleaf
Foo Fighters
G&R
Gorillaz
Green Day
Gym Class Heroes
Hurt
Jack Johnson
Janis Joplin
Jimi Hendrix
Kid Rock
Kings Of Leon
Korn
led-zeppelin
Linkin Park
Lupe Fiasco
Manson 2
Manson
MCR
Mindless Self Indulgence
Muse
Mushroomhead
NIN
Ozzy
Pfunk
Pink Floyd
Radiohead
rage against the machine
Real Metallica
Rolling Stones
Serj Tankian
Silversun Pickups
Slipknot
System Of A Down
The Doors
The Who
TVOTR
White Stripes

Pack 2 contains the following bands:

Apocalyptica
Ben Folds
Billy Corgan
Black Keys
Black Sabbath
Bob Marley
Bon Jovi
Cake
CKY
Clapton
Coheed and Cambria
Dashboard Confessional
Death Cab For Cutie
Def Leppard
deftones
Eagles
Evanescence
Fallout Boy
Frampton
Fugazi
Godspeed, You Black Emperor
Grateful Dead
ICP
Johnny Cash
Kid Koala
Killers
Lenny Kravitz
Les Claypool
Mars Volta
Maynard - TOOL
Megadork
Modest Mouse
My Morning Jacket
Neil Diamond
Panic At The Disco
Pearl Jam
Primus
Queens Of The Stone Age
Rammstein
ray charles
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Scars On Broadway
Seether
Sevendust
Springsteen
Staind
Static-X
Sublime
Ting Tings
Violent Femmes
Weezer
Weird AL

Pack 3 contains the following:

17 Hippies
Aphex Twin
Big Head Todd + Monsters(2)
Big Head Todd + Monsters
Big Pun
Blur
BoDeans(2)
BoDeans(3)
BoDeans
Dandy Warhols
Del the Funkee Homosapien
Dre
Eddie Vedder
Fiasco
Flaming lips(2)
Flaming Lips
Frank Zappa
Fugazi(2)
Gang of four
Ice Cube(2)
Ice Cube
Iggy Pop
Joanna Newsom (2)
Joanna Newsom
Keller Williams
Kenny Chesney
Lightning Seeds(2)
Lightning Seeds
Miles Davis
NERD
Nick Cave
Ol Dirty Bastard
Old Time Relijun
Oteil Burbridge
Phish
PJ Harvey (2)
PJ Harvey
PUSA
Ramones (2)
Ramones
seu jorge
Sex Mob
Sid an Nancy
sigur ros
Smashing Pumpkins
Snoop
Soul Coughing
Spoon (2)
Spoon
Taylor Swift
Tenacious D(2)
Tenacious D
The Big Wu
The Black Lips
The Blow
The Cool Kids
The Dirtbombs
The Hives
the kills (2)
the kills
The Liars
The Minutemen
The Pixies
The Roots
The Strokes
Theolonius monk
Vampire Weekend
Ween
Widespread Panic
Willie Nelson
Wu-Tang Clan
Yeah Yeah Yeahs

- harryzimm - 2008-11-16

Nice one.

cheers

- sw1tch - 2008-11-16

Great, thanks for sharing.

- rwparris2 - 2008-11-16

Very nice! thanks.

A few requests:

Les Claypool, Primus, TOOL, black sabbath, kid koala, the black keys, re hot chili peppers, gy!be, fugazi, and oh maan so many more. I'll wait till you release more packs for a full request Big Grin

These look really good and I'll be patiently waiting for more! Janis Joplin in particular looks REALLY nice.

Where did you get the source images from?

- KevinSartori - 2008-11-16

Awesome pics! My favorites are Beatles, Eminem, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, ozzy, Pfunk, Radiohead, The Doors, the who and White Stripes. Excellent quality! Thanks for taking the effort to share these.

One little Photoshop tip I've noticed that I figured I should share. If you're dealing with a black and white image, you can save some file space by selecting Image -> Mode -> Grayscale. This will discard any color information and make the file smaller when you save it. With XBMC on Xbox or AppleTV, we need to save all the memory we can Wink

Good work, thanks again!

- digitalhigh - 2008-11-16

rwparris2 Wrote:Very nice! thanks.

A few requests:

Les Claypool, Primus, TOOL, black sabbath, kid koala, the black keys, re hot chili peppers, gy!be, fugazi, and oh maan so many more. I'll wait till you release more packs for a full request Big Grin

These look really good and I'll be patiently waiting for more! Janis Joplin in particular looks REALLY nice.

Where did you get the source images from?

I will have all the bands listed in the next pack.

TOOL, however, is rather difficult to come by high-rez images of. Maynard was quite the shy fellow until the advent of the APC era.

The source images are all from Google Images. Just type in the band-name and select "Extra-large images". Big Grin

So if you have some massive list of band requests...do share them now. The biggest problem I have in making these is not finding the images...but thinking of bands to use.

@sartori, thanks for the tip. I'll make sure to do that in the future.

- rwparris2 - 2008-11-16

I found a nice SD image for tool (good enough for me) here

I'll compile a master list for you soon Smile

Did meligrove.com ever get music fanart hosting off the ground? If so you should definitely upload there!

I found something a little better for tool...depending on your preference.

All the other bands requested are also done and in the second pack...I've got 30/50 done thus far. Big Grin

Suggestions...keep em coming.

Pack 2 is up. Check it out.

- Rand Al Thor - 2008-11-17

@digitalhigh

Thanks for all the great fanart. Lots of good stuff in there. Just so you know, you have the Dropkick Murphys labeled as Flogging Molly. Similar styles of music though so I could see how that might happen Wink Cheers.

- digitalhigh - 2008-11-17

Rand Al Thor Wrote:@digitalhigh

Thanks for all the great fanart. Lots of good stuff in there. Just so you know, you have the Dropkick Murphys labeled as Flogging Molly. Similar styles of music though so I could see how that might happen Wink Cheers.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm a fan of both bands, but have never seen pics of them...will fix in a day or so.

Any requests?

- Rand Al Thor - 2008-11-17

No worries Wink They are two of my favorites too. Only reason I noticed is I have seen them both live quite a few times. I will go through my albums and see if I have any bands that I really need fanart for. Thanks again.

- shizzle - 2008-11-17

how do you use music fanart in mediastream?

- KevinSartori - 2008-11-17

digitalhigh, more awesome work with the second pack! Another tip, though (don't you hate people who think they know it all?). Some of those B&W pics are a bit contrasty. A feature I probably overuse in Photoshop is Shift-Ctrl-Alt-L (Auto Contrast) and Shift-Ctrl-L (Auto Levels). I fact, I have a habit of opening pics, doing Auto Contrast and then Auto Levels. About half the time, I don't like what Auto Levels has done, so I undo it in History. It's quick to do and can make a huge difference. Also, for some of the fuzzy pics, you could try Filter -> Sharpen -> Unsharp Mask. I keep Radius at 1.0 pixels and Threshold at 0 levels. Depending on how much sharpening is needed, I tend to be either 20%, 40% or 60% on Amount. Oversharpening looks bad, but a little can make a big difference on an HDTV.

I love the work you're doing and I don't mean these tips to criticize! Please, feel free to ignore them! Hell, you can even insult me if you want! Wink

Thanks again, good work.

- digitalhigh - 2008-11-17

KevinSartori Wrote:digitalhigh, more awesome work with the second pack! Another tip, though (don't you hate people who think they know it all?). Some of those B&W pics are a bit contrasty. A feature I probably overuse in Photoshop is Shift-Ctrl-Alt-L (Auto Contrast) and Shift-Ctrl-L (Auto Levels). I fact, I have a habit of opening pics, doing Auto Contrast and then Auto Levels. About half the time, I don't like what Auto Levels has done, so I undo it in History. It's quick to do and can make a huge difference. Also, for some of the fuzzy pics, you could try Filter -> Sharpen -> Unsharp Mask. I keep Radius at 1.0 pixels and Threshold at 0 levels. Depending on how much sharpening is needed, I tend to be either 20%, 40% or 60% on Amount. Oversharpening looks bad, but a little can make a big difference on an HDTV.

I love the work you're doing and I don't mean these tips to criticize! Please, feel free to ignore them! Hell, you can even insult me if you want! Wink

Thanks again, good work.

How dare you come into my thread and insult my work! I spend hours doing this stuff, and all you have to say is...

Just kidding. Big Grin

No, actually, thank you for the pointer. I use photoshop a lot, but don't take the time to play with any of the automated stuff or the newer features. I still do touch up work with just the clone stamp tool and the pencil, and I adjust all the brightness/contrast/saturation stuff by hand.

The problem is that I have a three-monitor setup, and the levels aren't matched just right. I try to check them across all three screens, but sometimes it's hard to tell what will look best on all screens.

So any advice is more than welcome. Have you re-adjusted the levels of the ones that needed it? If so...send em my way and I'll re-add them to the pack. Or I can do it...whatever works.

And I see what you mean about the unsharpen mask. That seems to create the kind of textures you see in higher resolution images, where up close it's spotty, and at normal rez it looks incredibly crispy. Hmmm...now I've got much playing to do.

Thanks again. Wink