Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] EyeTV Parser (Video Plugin) Addon - Adds EyeTV read support to XBMC for Mac - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] EyeTV Parser (Video Plugin) Addon - Adds EyeTV read support to XBMC for Mac (/showthread.php?tid=40645)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

[RELEASE] EyeTV Parser (Video Plugin) Addon - Adds EyeTV read support to XBMC for Mac - xbmchead - 2008-11-18

This is an early alpha of xbmc and eyetv integration in the form of a video plugin. It skips .eyetvsched files, and the live tv buffer, and cleans up the filenames a little. Future improvements will include better title formating to support season, episode numbers, dates, filesizes, sorting, and tv show library support, but for now this is huge improvement for eyetv users. It works and supports the use of the gui to change the eyetv archive location under plugin settings. I welcome any further help with this.

http://powername.com/XBMC/XBMCEyetvParser.zip

to install unzip and put the XBMCEyetvParser folder in ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/plugins/video/

- jmarshall - 2008-11-18

Nice work!

Perhaps you could get on to the xbmc-addons repository to store your code, and allow install from xbmc etc?

Cheers,
Jonathan

Can´t get it to work! - amadawn - 2008-11-22

Hi!

I just followed your instructions but I can´t get this to work!
I copied the entire plugin folder inside the video plugins folder in the XBMC application support and then I started Plex (which I assume would work as XBMC does, right?).

I went to the Videos tab and I did not see any new entry there. I tried to add a new source but I did not find your plugin there either.

How are you supposed to use or enable the plugin?

Thanks!

Amadawn

- Nuka1195 - 2008-11-22

it's in the addons repo

- cjedj - 2008-11-23

Works great for me, looking forward to seeing how this develops. Thanks a lot!

- amadawn - 2008-11-23

cjedj Wrote:Works great for me, looking forward to seeing how this develops. Thanks a lot!

Does it work for you with Plex? How do you access it?

Thanks,

Amadawn

- cjedj - 2008-11-23

amadawn Wrote:Does it work for you with Plex? How do you access it?

Thanks,

Amadawn

I just dropped it into /User/Library/Application Support/Plex/plugins/video and then it was available in the Videos section.

You have to specify your EyeTV Archive location by using the context menu (hit C), and then (IIRC) Plugin Settings.

The only catch I've found is that it will only parse the file name correctly in Plex if you access the plugin in the Videos section. If you access it through the TV Shows or Movies sections you get the meaningless filename which is a long string of characters. That's a bit annoying but it's no big deal.

- amadawn - 2008-11-24

cjdej,

thanks a lot for your help. I got it working great now! It seems that I had misplaced the plugin (I had put it in an old XMBC application support folder, rather than in the Plex application support folder).

So thanks! And also thanks to xbmchead. Great job! :-)
If I may make a suggestion, it would be great if the plugin showed a preview of the recorded file (which I believe EyeTV stores in its library along with the actual MPEG file).

Thanks a lot to everyone!

Amadawn

P.S.- Forgive my ignorance, but where can I access the addons repo that you guys mentioned?

- cjedj - 2008-11-24

amadawn Wrote:cjdej,

thanks a lot for your help. I got it working great now! It seems that I had misplaced the plugin (I had put it in an old XBMC application support folder, rather than in the Plex application support folder).

Glad you got it sorted Smile

bad guide data - xbmchead - 2008-11-26

cjedj Wrote:I just dropped it into /User/Library/Application Support/Plex/plugins/video and then it was available in the Videos section.

You have to specify your EyeTV Archive location by using the context menu (hit C), and then (IIRC) Plugin Settings.

The only catch I've found is that it will only parse the file name correctly in Plex if you access the plugin in the Videos section. If you access it through the TV Shows or Movies sections you get the meaningless filename which is a long string of characters. That's a bit annoying but it's no big deal.

I spent a while on working to get the filenames into a format that tv shows/movies could parse, but the guide data from eyetv's provider is inconsistent, future support for this is in the code but commented out until eyetv/titantv get their data act together.

Glad everyone's enjoying this.

- cjedj - 2008-11-26

xbmchead Wrote:I spent a while on working to get the filenames into a format that tv shows/movies could parse, but the guide data from eyetv's provider is inconsistent, future support for this is in the code but commented out until eyetv/titantv get their data act together.

Glad everyone's enjoying this.

Doesn't surprise me that elgato are inconsistent. There's some great stuff in their software, but there are also things that make you wonder if anyone actually tried using it before it shipped.

Like I say, no big deal that it can only be used in the Video section, I'm just grateful you've done this at all. I probably watch as much using EyeTV as I download, so this is great Smile

eyetv plugin thumbnails and icons - xbmchead - 2008-12-02

Quote:If I may make a suggestion, it would be great if the plugin showed a preview of the recorded file (which I believe EyeTV stores in its library along with the actual MPEG file).

Theres a .tiff file in there, I think xbmc [mac] only handles jpegs for thumb and icon. Is it worth it to convert a .tiff to .jpg just from thumb/icons?

Anyone wants to add to what I've got, it's in the add on SVN, go for it.

XBMCEyetvParser 1.2 - xbmchead - 2008-12-04

amadawn Wrote:If I may make a suggestion, it would be great if the plugin showed a preview of the recorded file (which I believe EyeTV stores in its library along with the actual MPEG file).

XBMCEyetvParser version 1.2 can be found in the xbmc-add-ons svn which you can install with the SVN Repo tool.

XBMC amazing beast that it is DOES support .tiffs so I added the included .tiff preview as icons and thumbnails.

I've all but given up on library mode support for these files but one possible route might be the creation of .nfo files, anyone want to help with that?

enjoy

- cjedj - 2008-12-04

Loving the .tiffs on Plex - thanks a lot.

I'm sorry I can't help with the .nfo's, I have no idea what I'm doing in that area, but I really appreciate your efforts.

version 1.3 now with more overlay - xbmchead - 2008-12-08

I'm finishing up testing version 1.3 of XBMCEyetvParser and I'll post it in the next few days. I've integrated Nic "midgetspy" Wolfe's Thumbnail Overlay Generator so now your thumbnails will have little 720P 5.1 surround sound badges overlayed on to them on the fly. And let me just say, It's friggin cool.

Because the system requirements are so high I'm thinking about setting it to default this feature off, eventually adding it to the gui settings. Users would have to install the macports imagemagick and ffmpeg, in light of this, what do you all think, default to off, use simple tiff thumbnails, and make advanced users manually edit the default.py, or go whole hog and use try/except and just let it go at it and fail gracefully(sic)? With TOG enabled and working it takes much longer for the first use, but subsequent use is much quicker for existing videos that now have pre-existing .tbn files. Enableing TOG will cause small .tbn jpegs to be created in your .eyetv video packages but will not alter any original files or impact use in eyetv.

Another possibility would be to release this version as a seperate plugin. The original XBMCEyetvParser would continue to be a simple tiff thumbnailed usable video application and this new TOG enabled plugin could become something like EyetvPowerParser. Once again I ask for the community opinion.

I'd like to hear your thoughts.