Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] EyeTV Parser (Video Plugin) Addon - Adds EyeTV read support to XBMC for Mac - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] EyeTV Parser (Video Plugin) Addon - Adds EyeTV read support to XBMC for Mac (/showthread.php?tid=40645)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- billy24 - 2012-02-08

Sorry,
I am a bit new to this!!!
So If I had Eyetv running on a pc or mac with a dvb satelltite tuner linked to a satellite and then put the ip address in the settings of eyetv on xbmc on the apple tv2 the channels will stream to the apple tv2 box?

So I take it there is Eyetv server software for windows or Mac?

Is there any Eyetv pay servers that anybody can access?

Thanks very much for your help

- takhrai - 2012-02-08

Beenje Wrote:I'm not sure I get your problem...
How can you access live TV from the home menu? Where does this "live TV" comes from?
I couldn't see anything in your cut debug log. When posting a log, use a website like http://pastebin.com/ and put the full file (don't cut it).

I'm using Cirrus Extended v2 skin. Here you can see "LiveTV" in home menu.
https://public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pB1tzeMc9iXogfgRw69MuPrrEFYiv8MlO-f1RMfLHmkWx9PGOfUlZazY0_rylxBo6K-AxRUv2tR1as3tcIBgBsg/screenshot059.png?psid=1

- activate - 2012-02-08

Beenje Wrote:I've added live TV to the EyeTV parser add-on.
Before pushing to the official repo, I'd prefer if someone else could test.
Zip file can be found on github: plugin.video.eyetv.parser-live.zip

Anyone interested?

Note this is for eden (beta2).

Hey dude, thanks for this. All cool.

- Beenje - 2012-02-08

billy24 Wrote:Sorry,
I am a bit new to this!!!
So If I had Eyetv running on a pc or mac with a dvb satelltite tuner linked to a satellite and then put the ip address in the settings of eyetv on xbmc on the apple tv2 the channels will stream to the apple tv2 box?

So I take it there is Eyetv server software for windows or Mac?

Is there any Eyetv pay servers that anybody can access?
Thanks very much for your help

You need the EyeTV 3 software running on a mac (and a compatible TV tuner).
See http://www.elgato.com/elgato/int/mainmenu/products/software-apps.en.html

- Beenje - 2012-02-08

takhrai Wrote:I'm using Cirrus Extended v2 skin. Here you can see "LiveTV" in home menu.
https://public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pB1tzeMc9iXogfgRw69MuPrrEFYiv8MlO-f1RMfLHmkWx9PGOfUlZazY0_rylxBo6K-AxRUv2tR1as3tcIBgBsg/screenshot059.png?psid=1

This "Live TV" has nothing to do with the "Live TV" in the EyeTV parser add-on.
I guess this skin is made for XBMC PVR branch
EyeTV doesn't work with the PVR branch. You need to use the add-on.

Sorry... - SimonMTL - 2012-02-09

I haven't installed the plugin yet - sorry!

My question is: EyeTV recordings are in MPEG format. I thought XBMC would be able to read that format directly (I added EyeTV Archive to my video list) without needing an interpreter, but I tried it and the video is very choppy and slow, surprisingly. So, do I really need the plugin, or any plugin, to see my recorded shows? Or is it that Eden Beta 2 has some sort of problem? Or do I just need a nice clean reboot of both iMac and ATV2?

Thank you for any help! It's appreciated!

- SimonMTL - 2012-02-09

SimonMTL Wrote:the video is very choppy and slow, surprisingly.

Just noticed I have one show being compressed into MP4, and another being recorded right now. That might be why it's slow... Smile Guess I'll see how it performs tomorrow.

- Beenje - 2012-02-09

SimonMTL Wrote:I haven't installed the plugin yet - sorry!

My question is: EyeTV recordings are in MPEG format. I thought XBMC would be able to read that format directly (I added EyeTV Archive to my video list) without needing an interpreter, but I tried it and the video is very choppy and slow, surprisingly. So, do I really need the plugin, or any plugin, to see my recorded shows? Or is it that Eden Beta 2 has some sort of problem? Or do I just need a nice clean reboot of both iMac and ATV2?

Thank you for any help! It's appreciated!

The "EyeTV parser" plugin is just to display "nicely" your EyeTV recordings. It won't help you to read them.
If you have problem, you need to post more information (do you use wifi, ethernet?) and a debug log in the proper forum (XBMC for iOS if you use XBMC on your ATV2).

- dr88dr88 - 2012-02-09

Hi Beentje,

I am thinking about buying a eyetv sat tv tuner but before I do I like to know if this live tv plug wil be be ported to the the XBMC PVR functionaliteit that wil be merged after the eden release.

- Beenje - 2012-02-09

dr88dr88 Wrote:I am thinking about buying a eyetv sat tv tuner but before I do I like to know if this live tv plug wil be be ported to the the XBMC PVR functionaliteit that wil be merged after the eden release.

This plugin uses the eyetv iPhone access. Video is encoded with a 400x300 resolution. So I don't know if doing more than this plugin is worth it and I haven't looked at PVR yet.

- mwhybark - 2012-02-26

Hi all.

XBMC n00b, working on installing the current version of Beenje's EyeTV plugin in order to gain live stream access to my EyeTV setup.

After finding this thread, I downloaded and installed Eden 11, seems to work fine.

Pertinent information:
Underpowered HTPC unit, 2006 Mac Mini G4 w/1gb ram (as much as that unit supports) runnig OS X 10.6.8, final release for that model. Using a USB DAC to get audio out as these 1st gen units lacked optical out. XMBC notably improves playback of either internet-streamed content or LAN hosted content made available via various UPnP DNLA sources.

EyeTV is on another machine, the primary HTPC (a more recent Intel-based Mini), and provides streamed content to existing iOS devices in the home without a problem.

The official 1.x EyeTV parser installs and configures without a problem.

I located and downloaded the zip file for the current dev version given by Beenje upthread. I am able to locate the zip file within Eden and direct the software to install.

The installation fails with the message "Dependencies not met" or words to that effect.

Searching the forums for that phrase produces too many results to be useful. Is there a log I can examine? Do I need to do a local install of the EyeTV sw on this machine?

Apologies if I have missed something obvious and thanks for your kind assistance.

Depencency - mwhybark - 2012-02-26

Hey, I think I found it:

"14:36:42 T:2687514656 DEBUG: Addon plugin.video.eyetv.parser requires script.module.xbmcswift version 0.2.0 which is not available"

(I noticed the log location in Beenje's sig, tyvm)

- mwhybark - 2012-02-26

ok, I couldn't figure out how to get a useable zip file from github for xbmcswift, but googling for "script.module.xbmcswift" located some zip files that worked.

Once I got xbmcswift 0.2.0 in, the new eyetv live parser installed.

Finally, upthread Beenje noted that adding server name addressability to the EyeTV source configuration dialog was a good idea. I concur.

- mwhybark - 2012-02-26

Success! The parser successfully found the live streams and the channels were watchable on screen.

Attempting to access 'Recordings' from within the parser produces a 'script fails' message, probably related to the source not found issues upthread. The directory containing the recordings is available as a video source and can be browsed to in that manner. I will bang on this issue later.

Anyway, THANK YOU!

- Beenje - 2012-02-26

mwhybark Wrote:I located and downloaded the zip file for the current dev version given by Beenje upthread. I am able to locate the zip file within Eden and direct the software to install.

The installation fails with the message "Dependencies not met" or words to that effect.

You don't need the zip file anymore.
If you have an eden beta release, add-on can be installed from the official XBMC repository.

script.module.xbmcswift version 2.0 is also in the eden-pre official repository, so dependency should be resolved automatically.
Are you sure you didn't try to install with a Dharma release?

Anyway, it seems you solved it.
If you have other problem, pastebin a debug log.