Kodi Community Forum
XBMC HTTP-R, Remote Control Web App for PDA, PPC, or Smartphone (developers wanted) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC HTTP-R, Remote Control Web App for PDA, PPC, or Smartphone (developers wanted) (/showthread.php?tid=40958)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

- XiniX88 - 2009-12-22

cfm56 Wrote:Hi All
I am having a bit of trouble with HTTP-R. I cannot seem to get the indexer to work and display any of my movies. It just stays at count:0 on all. I went in to the config.php file and set my port to 80 instead of 8080. I can access the HTTP-R web applet, it seems to connect to my XBMC, but after running indexer.php it seems to do nothing. The applet never shows any video content. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Have you configured the scraper? It's only working when you use library mode. You can find more info in the XBMC Wiki!
For people having trouble with the images in v0.4.x, it should work... so your PHP might be in safe mode. 0.5.x is ALFA so please use a lower version when you are having trouble with 0.5.x. If you are having problems with images, can you please send me a PM (in 0.5.x), then I will send you another version to see what's wrong.

- Halibutt - 2009-12-24

XiniX88 Wrote:For people having trouble with the images in v0.4.x, it should work... so your PHP might be in safe mode. (...) If you are having problems with images, can you please send me a PM (in 0.5.x), then I will send you another version to see what's wrong.
But still, would the images work if I use posters for my shows in XBMC and not wide icons? Any chance to make the two systems work?
Cheers

P.S. Will check the new version against my system later this week. Good to have you back here.

- XiniX88 - 2009-12-24

Halibutt Wrote:But still, would the images work if I use posters for my shows in XBMC and not wide icons? Any chance to make the two systems work?
Cheers

P.S. Will check the new version against my system later this week. Good to have you back here.

Where is the setting for this... because I guess (using the Confluence skin (this skin doesn't use banners)) I'm also using posters but it's still working...

Edit: Found it... skin settings... will see if I can get it to work Smile

Btw, I'm here, and will stay here, but I don't have much time to debug etc. etc., therefore my 0.5.0 alpha releases, so please test, test, test and report (btw sorry for the alpha 2 release, please Don't use it, the skin uses techniques not supported by Opera 9.5)

- Halibutt - 2009-12-26

XiniX88 Wrote:Where is the setting for this... because I guess (using the Confluence skin (this skin doesn't use banners)) I'm also using posters but it's still working...
I'm using either Aeon or the new one (can't seem to remember what its' name was right now).

Quote:so please test, test, test and report (btw sorry for the alpha 2 release, please Don't use it, the skin uses techniques not supported by Opera 9.5)
I already did post my report on 0.5 alpha 1 here, but it wasn't very specific, so let me rephrase it (rechecked it last night on a clean install, same effect):

The scanning goes just fine, without any errors. All film and TV show data loads up just fine and is accessible from my mobile and desktop alike.

What doesn't show up in HTTP-R is the graphics. In this version I can't see any movie posters or series icons. Nothing. When I select a movie and click "more info", I get the movie's description and above it there's the word "Obrazek", which is Polish for "Image" (my system is in Polish). No actual image there, just a word.

The same happens when I select the Series sub-menu. I get a list of horizontal fields, each marked with the word "Obrazek" and an arrow on the right (this is apparently where the wide icons should be if I had them). When I click on one of the fields I get to the episode list (with "Obrazek" on top), and when I chose an episode, there's the same word on top. Need screenies or is my description enough?

To be precise, episode pics in Series, artist pics and album art in music show up just fine. Just no icons/posters

Also, just to make it clear, there's posters for all my movies both in XBMC library and in movie folders (folder.jpg, movie.tbn and whatnot). They just don't load in HTTP-R.

Various bugs/problems:
  • No images for movies/tv shows
  • clicking on "Artist" in music takes ages to load (at least with almost 2000 artists in my library)
  • When I pick an artist, there's a nice list of albums visible and the command bar (play/rewind/next buttons). Ideally clicking on "play" would play all the songs of that artist. However, the button does nothing and instead I have to pick songs one by one
Feature requests:
  • sort/search/quick jump to letter ability in list of artists/songs. It takes ages to scroll when there's many of them
  • ability to pick my own wide icons for movies/tv shows, regardless of what image is assigned to them in XBMC library. I love the look of HTTP-R TV shows list on your screenies, but I won't change the posters to wide-icons in XBMC only to make HTTP-R work nicely, as wide icons look bad on my large screen, they're fine only on my cell phone. This could perhaps be done by making the scanner (indexing.php) look for media directories in the XBMC library, and then scanning for actual media icons in respective folders. Say, it could check if there's a file named wideicon.jpg in the movie folder to use.
Cheers

EDIT: Could my firewall settings have something to do with the image problem?

- XiniX88 - 2009-12-26

Halibutt Wrote:I'm using either Aeon or the new one (can't seem to remember what its' name was right now).

I already did post my report on 0.5 alpha 1 here, but it wasn't very specific, so let me rephrase it (rechecked it last night on a clean install, same effect):

It was more of a global message (A) not specific to you Wink tnx for the reports! You might have noticed that English isn't my foreign language...

Btw, tomorrow I will release a final 0.5.0 version Smile (also got some progress on the new Java based version!).

- mkleynhans - 2009-12-29

Hey Xini, firstly mate, congrats on the superb development work - this is really good stuff.
I am very excited at the prospect of running this on an RTI remote control,
the T3-V which has built in support of basic web browsing. Unfortunately it uses a PPC version of Internet Explorer.
It doesnt seem to work with your verion 2 - 5a releases but I am wondering whether it might work with your up and coming Java releases.

Here is the screen dump from your test site.

Width / Height test
BodyElementWidth: 480
BodyElementHidth: 640

BodyWidth: 480
BodyHeight: 640

Element ClientWidth: 480
Element ClientHeight: 640

Element OffsetWidth: 480
Element OffsetHeight: 640

Element2 ClientWidth: 0
Element2 ClientHeight: 0

OnResize function: Waiting for rotation... (or not working)

Keep up the amazing work and Merry Christmas!!!

- Johan2W - 2009-12-31

The HTTP-Remote is working quite well for me. Thanks XiniX88!

Altough there was one thing I had some trouble with:
I'm running it on XAMPP on a Windows Server (my media center is running on Ubuntu on a separate machine) and so I was trying to get the wake on lan to function.
I couldn't get it to work, even though I entered the correct information in config.php and I was able to wake the machine using another utility (WolCmd).

Finally I had a look at the wakeup function in includes\classes\modules\xbmc\xbmc.php and I found the call: socket_sendto($s, $msg, strlen($msg), 0, "255.255.255.255", $socket_number)
If I replace the general broadcast address 255.255.255.255 with my network specific broadcast address 192.168.1.255 it works like a charm.

Maybe it has something to do with my network configuration, but I thought I should let you know.

- XiniX88 - 2009-12-31

Johan2W Wrote:The HTTP-Remote is working quite well for me. Thanks XiniX88!

Altough there was one thing I had some trouble with:
I'm running it on XAMPP on a Windows Server (my media center is running on Ubuntu on a separate machine) and so I was trying to get the wake on lan to function.
I couldn't get it to work, even though I entered the correct information in config.php and I was able to wake the machine using another utility (WolCmd).

Finally I had a look at the wakeup function in includes\classes\modules\xbmc\xbmc.php and I found the call: socket_sendto($s, $msg, strlen($msg), 0, "255.255.255.255", $socket_number)
If I replace the general broadcast address 255.255.255.255 with my network specific broadcast address 192.168.1.255 it works like a charm.

Maybe it has something to do with my network configuration, but I thought I should let you know.

Yes it has Smile your router doesn't want to broadcast to ALL intern networks (though I don't think you are using VLAN's). Therefore the "magic packet" (or wake on lan packet) won't be pushed to your PC.

Also I have to know the network mask to "calculate" the specific broadcast address, don't think lots of users know what it is Wink, but I will create a config entry in which you can give a specific broadcast address in my next release

Btw, sorry to keep you all waiting, I'm trying to fix the image problem (it's more difficult than i thought (and with all the holidays I don't have much time to fix it)), but it will be here before next weekend.

Also I'm creating a TV plugin which you can find here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=469175#post469175 it uses the MediaPortal TV Server to view your TV Smile

@mkleynhans: If you are using IE6 mobile, you can use 0.5.0 alpha 1 (or prev builds), Also you can install Opera Mobile 10 beta ? for free on windows mobile, this is also working with my 0.5.0 a1 < versions. The upcoming release should also support WinMo Internet Explorer 6 mobile.

- champagnecharly - 2010-01-03

Hello,

I seem to have a problem... index.PHP is showing as a text file in browser. I have
apache
- PHP 5.2
- GD Lib

All on ubuntu Karmic..

i tried XAMPP although there were conflicts.. MySql runnin and php running. So I stopped the proccesses and tried again. But to no avail. Same result.

Have extracted zip to:

USR/Share/XBMc/Web

and try and connect using

internalIp:8080/index.php

Probably something really simple going wrong but would apreciate some guidance.

Also is XAMPP really necisery if MYSQL/ apache & PHP5 are already installed?

Thanks

Looking forward to java version!! hope it runs ok on n800

- champagnecharly - 2010-01-04

Above seems sorted. I removed apache2 MySQL etc followed the readme more carefully.

However I do have 1 prob..

When I load page in browser

1)

Code:
Notice: Undefined index: version in /opt/lampp/htdocs/xbmc/4/index.php on line 44

Notice: Undefined index: info in /opt/lampp/htdocs/xbmc/4/index.php on line 46

2) All i see is forward back etc + slidebar.

I have made sure short tag are set to true.Username is still set in System > networks.. I have tried to remove username "XBMC" and setting to nothing but "XBMC" keeps comming back

Hope somebody can help.

Thanks

- XiniX88 - 2010-01-04

champagnecharly Wrote:Hello,

I seem to have a problem... index.PHP is showing as a text file in browser. I have
apache
- PHP 5.2
- GD Lib

All on ubuntu Karmic..

You have to enable the module. sudo a2enmod php5 should do the trick.

champagnecharly Wrote:Above seems sorted. I removed apache2 MySQL etc followed the readme more carefully.

However I do have 1 prob..

When I load page in browser

1)

Code:
Notice: Undefined index: version in /opt/lampp/htdocs/xbmc/4/index.php on line 44

Notice: Undefined index: info in /opt/lampp/htdocs/xbmc/4/index.php on line 46

2) All i see is forward back etc + slidebar.

I have made sure short tag are set to true.Username is still set in System > networks.. I have tried to remove username "XBMC" and setting to nothing but "XBMC" keeps comming back

Hope somebody can help.

Thanks

Modify php.ini (located in the php folder) search for safe_mode set it to safe_mode = Off .

- champagnecharly - 2010-01-09

Hi,

thanks for responding.. I tried quickly shortly after getting you message but to no avail..

Quote:You have to enable the module. sudo a2enmod php5 should do the trick.

Was enabled

Quote:Modify php.ini (located in the php folder) search for safe_mode set it to safe_mode = Off .

When I did this.. All i saw was a white (html) page with the error lines..

Putting safe_mode = on allowed me to see "some" graphics.

Am going to try yet another clean install.

Regards

Can connect but indexing gives all zero's! - konti - 2010-01-11

I'm having some problems allready mentioned here, that i cannot find a direct answer to.

Having one linux machine (xbmc + the http-r site set up) and one linux machine xbmc only). Trying to connect the xbmc+http-r to connect with the xbmc machine. Is it necessary for the user to be 'xbmc' (i changed it)?

It's connecting and i am not getting any errors. But indexing gives me all zero's as mentioned before. Also put a source in music, but also there is nothing showing. I have a movies folder set up with scraping. Library also works fine.

I read that you have to disable the password field in the xbmc webserver config. But using multiple xbmc's in one network i don't want others have access to my xbmc pc. Is there another way?

What would be the best way to secure the http-r installation for when i'm forwarding ports. Would that be Apache authentication?

Ow and one other question. Will you ever implement browsing video's. So that i can also control anime and music video's?

Thx allot for working on this!

- viaimpedita - 2010-01-13

I have installed XBMC on karmic koala and i want try XBMC HTTP-r on my htc
I have install all but when i connect on localhost ie said that the page not found.
I have unzipped the file in htdocs that i found in usr/share/doc/python-mako/...etc/htdocs, but this is the real folder?OoOo
Or i have unzipped in another folder?
plz help
ps i try to connect to localhost:8080 and the webui of xbmc is ok!Confused

- HenryFord - 2010-01-24

Dunno if you still need this, but I would love to see a version fitting to my mobile screen:

Phone: Nokia XM 5800
Browser: Opera 10

Results:
BodyElementWidth: 640
BodyElementHidth: 315

BodyWidth: 640
BodyHidth: 315

Element ClientWidth: 640
Element ClientHidth: 315

Element OffsetWidth: 640
Element OffsetHidth: 315

Element2 ClientWidth: 640
Element2 ClientHidth: 315

OnResize function: Waiting for rotation... (or not working)

Test2.html:
I can scroll down to the bottom, the control fields are moving as well
The line "The name of this item..." is not broken apart, it continues out of the screen, scrolling isn't possible, I cannot read the whole line
My header isn't woving Mode: 0

Dunno what you exactly need, just reply, I will give you anything you need!

Btw: Very nice project, very well done!