Kodi Community Forum
Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows (/showthread.php?tid=41129)

- digitalhigh - 2009-01-14

sleeptalker Wrote:Your program looks very good. But when I try it it just goes crazy. When I click on moviefolders where the filenames of folder and avi is not the same, a movie.nfo, <foldername>.nfo is created automatically. When I look in settings "Save movie.nfo" is not checked. It doesn't find my nfoConfused and tbnConfused.

This happens even when my movies have these files for example:
Pulp.Fiction\pulpfiction.tbn
Pulp.Fiction\pulpfiction.nfo
Pulp.Fiction\folder.jpg

Then I get these files which I do not want:
Pulp.Fiction\Pulp.Fiction.nfo
Pulp.Fiction\movie.nfo

Is it required to have the foldername the same as videofilename. If so that seems strange as XBMC do not require this.

Look under the settings tab, make sure "allow automatic movie file renaming" is unchecked.

EDIT:

@fekker: Nevermind...I didn't delete my config file on the new install...therefore the posterxmls didn't extract. Duh.

- fekker - 2009-01-14

sleeptalker Wrote:Your program looks very good. But when I try it it just goes crazy. When I click on moviefolders where the filenames of folder and avi is not the same, a movie.nfo, <foldername>.nfo is created automatically. When I look in settings "Save movie.nfo" is not checked. It doesn't find my nfoConfused and tbnConfused.

This happens even when my movies have these files for example:
Pulp.Fiction\pulpfiction.tbn
Pulp.Fiction\pulpfiction.nfo
Pulp.Fiction\folder.jpg

Then I get these files which I do not want:
Pulp.Fiction\Pulp.Fiction.nfo
Pulp.Fiction\movie.nfo

Is it required to have the foldername the same as videofilename. If so that seems strange as XBMC do not require this.

Under settings, check the box to show the .tbn file

Here's a bit of history as to how I came up with my methods to create data for movies and tv shows.

Initially Movie Info Plus (MIP) was IconGrabber .. I was using file mode, and some of my movies had images, but most didn't, my movies where all over the place, unorganized and a mess. There was no naming scheme, just blarg.divx.widescreenmovie.avi and random names for files. So I came up with IconGrabber, a way to create folder.jpg for my movies, based off the folder name.

As things progressed, so did IconGrabber, and I wanted it to do more.. So I added more and more and more, and it did a heck of alot more then grab icons.. so It got a new name, movie info plus. Initially it was going to be just a tool for me to use. Then it was going to be a closed-source application, with Movie Info being free and Movie Info Plus the full version of the app with tons of extras. A few months back I decided that xbmc was opensource, and my inspiration for this thing, so I made it open source and public.
Then library mode grabbed ahold of me!

That's where things got interesting, now it wasn't just my crazy naming (or lack of sometimes), it was everyones crazy naming too. I had to pick something that made sense, .. there was so many different options, I saw a change that added movie.nfo support and it hit me.. hey why not movie.tbn and additional checks for fanart.jpg and fanart.png as well as movie-trailer.<ext> .. I put in a feature request and a few days later I put together a patch that added it into xbmc. The tricky part was that different versions of xbmc require different files, the new checks are done after the last ones in the source, but only if the xbmc version is up to date, and most are not running the bleeding edge builds of xbmc. So I setup a default config that works with almost all of the versions, with a few extra files, but it works with many versions. Some of my code, from the early days, is still tied to "the old ways", and I'm slowly getting that sorted out, but it's just a hobby that I love to do. Nod

But enough of the why did I do things the way I did.. here's some details on how it works.

The folder name should be the movie name.. the files inside of that folder don't matter with newer builds of xbmc, all that's needed is folder.jpg, movie.tbn, movie.nfo and fanart.jpg and xbmc will associate those with the movie in the folder.

To scan the data into the app, it's looking at the foldername to match with the moviename (less any filters that are applied).

Initial scans for the .nfo data looks first for the cleaned foldername.nfo or movie.nfo, then it will look to any .nfo file for an imdb id in it and pull that data... it also looks for movie.tbn, however showing the tbn image is not enabled by default (it's under the settings) as folder.jpg is the default. It can display both on screen, both can also be different images.

Here's an example
Folder Name: Pulp Fiction (2009)
applying the year filter (under settings)
Filtered Name: Pulp Fiction
so it would then create Pulp Fiction.nfo .. Pulp Fiction.tbn Pulp Fiction-fanart.jpg.. etc

There is an option to automatically rename the moviefile that is in the folder to match the cleaned folder name, this is not enabled by default.

It does work differently then xbmc, however the default settings work well for multiple versions of xbmc. The team that made xbmc rocks, and they have way more skill then I do, give it time and MIP will get better.

I had to pick, what to use for the movie name detection.. Since I organized my data by folders, and in those was bla.bla.divx.h323e.wide.blarg.avi and stuff like that, I decided to use the folder name for lookups, much like xbmc's use fodlername for lookups.

I need to re-enable the options to disable <moviename>.tbn and <moviename>.nfo and <moviename>-fanart.jpg.. I have some areas of that code that need reworked or at least double checked so nothing blows up in order to do that. I will add it to the todo list.

I could write to whatever movie file name scheme that's in the folder, however that would take a bunch of changes to how icons are tagged, and associated with the movies. My next bigger change will be to allow folder mode and configure folders that contain a bunch of movies (file mode).. this will be two different areas to add movies, one for those sorted by folders, and another for folders that contain a bunch of movies.

I think a lot of people still have the setup of moviename-fanart.jpg, which I found to be a pain in the butt as I was always updating movies as better releases came out. Seeing the extra, easier-to-use filenames in the folder prolly freak ppl out.

Realistically tho, having art and thumbs that are independent of the moviename is just a great feature. The problem now is cleaning up all of the extra images. I think I'm going to do a folder search for *.nfo, *.tbn, and *.jpg files, then delete anything that's not named "movie" or "fanart"...or "folder". Call it the final step in perfecting my library.

How could I go about editing the Wiki? I can probably write a few entries on the basic usage, and what the settings actually do for what people want it to do...

- fekker - 2009-01-14

digitalhigh Wrote:I think a lot of people still have the setup of moviename-fanart.jpg, which I found to be a pain in the butt as I was always updating movies as better releases came out. Seeing the extra, easier-to-use filenames in the folder prolly freak ppl out.

Realistically tho, having art and thumbs that are independent of the moviename is just a great feature. The problem now is cleaning up all of the extra images. I think I'm going to do a folder search for *.nfo, *.tbn, and *.jpg files, then delete anything that's not named "movie" or "fanart"...or "folder". Call it the final step in perfecting my library.

How could I go about editing the Wiki? I can probably write a few entries on the basic usage, and what the settings actually do for what people want it to do...
I added you to the project in sourceforge, let me know if i missed any permissions or anything.

- gyrene2083 - 2009-01-14

Well I for one am guilty of having everything <moviename>.nfo, tbn, <moviename-fanart>...I initially did not want the movie.tbn, or the movie.nfo files, but I found out, and I spoke with fekker about this, that whenever I had a movie with two parts, in my case I had Se7en, the original disk that came out with a side a and b, with the format I wanted, <moviename> xbmc wasn't seeing the files unless they were named movie.(whatever)

So until everything is working perfectly, I am just going to leave it like that.

- fekker - 2009-01-14

I've just gone over a ton of the core code and reworked it.. here's how it will now look for .nfo's .. tbn's and fanart

If your in filemode, it's <moviefilename>.tbn <moviefilename>.nfo and <moviefilename-fanart.jpg>

If your using folders (which I highly recommend)

It will look for
<moviename>.nfo - if it's there, it's going to use that
if it's not there, it will look for movie.nfo and use that
if that's not there, it's going to look for any .nfo file and search for an imdb id, with that id it will pull the data and save the nfo files out
if there's no .nfo file in the folder, it will lookup on imdb based on the foldername (after any filters are applied), find the data, and save it out based on the settings that are configured

tbn's and folder.jpg
This part is tricky, but lets summarize it as follows
folder.jpg has it's own display box, if it's there and enabled, it's going to show up

the tbn's share a display box..
<moviename>.tbn - if it's there, it will use this first
movie.tbn second - if there is no <moviename>.tbn, it will look for movie.tbn

fanart
if will scan and look for <moviename>-fanart.jpg
then fanart.jpg
then fanart.png

Things are now checked whenever an nfo is saved, it will use the settings as configured.

Things are also checked when saving a tbn file and for fanart images

This is a big change in code, so I'd expect a few glitches in the 2401 build, i'll run it against a test set tonight to see if things work the way they should

The defaults remain unchanged, it's going to create all of it unless those options are unchecked as this will result in xbmc loading your data through many different versions of xbmc.

TV Shows remain unchanged from the last build

Update #2 for the build I am working on
if the settings are configured to have a folder.jpg, and one does not exist, and it's not in folder mode it will create one in the following order

'first we look for folder.jpg (if it's enabled in the settings) and we are not in filemode

'if the config is set to use folder.jpg, but there is not one

'we look to see if <moviename>.tbn is there, if it is then we copy that file to folder.jpg

'if we did not have a <moviename>.tbn we will look for movie.tbn, if it is there we copy that file to folder.jpg

'if we didn't have a movie.tbn then lets see if there is any .tbn file in the folder (that does not contain "fanart" in it), if it is we will use the first one we find in that folder

'if we didn't have a any .tbn then lets see if there is any .png file in the folder (that does not contain "fanart" in it), if it is we will use the first one we find in that folder

'if we didn't have a any .png then lets see if there is any .jpg file in the folder (that does not contain "fanart" in it), if it is we will use the first one we find in that folder

'if we still did not have a folder.jpg file we will attempt to use the first impawards poster

'if we still dont have a folder.jpg, we will attempt to use the first tmdb image

'if we still don't have a folder.jpg, we will try the first <newsite> poster (if the site approves use of the images, that's still pending)

This should fix the issue of folks who have an image in the folder, but not in the format I'm looking for

- marirs - 2009-01-14

@fekker,

one small request if I may to make this perfect (for me Wink):

not overwrite "invalid" <moviename>.nfo (since the original .nfo may contain the rip settings etc.) Make the .nfo priority in folder mode: movie.nfo > "moviename".nfo > *.nfo (I assume this is the same as in XBMC?).

also, more on a cosmetic, usability level, it would be nice if some of the empty tabs would be disabled to indicate that theres nothing there (on some moves there is only one poster, but I need to click all the icons and box shot tabs to check if there's anything there). Maybe combine all results into one pane if there aren't too many?

- gyrene2083 - 2009-01-14

fekker,

So far so good. I had to uninstall and do a lot of cleaning up before I could install this build, but it seems to be working. It's still creating the movie.nfo file by default even if I have it unchecked. Later on I will play around with the other features as I honestly haven't even touched them.

Another thing after selecting the x64 setup, Vista still installs the app in the default 32 bit folder, c:\Program Files (x86), which is fine but if you are ever going to come out with a fix or a debug, remember that you have to create it with the option, like you did for revision 2400 installer. It will save you a lot of headaches, and eliminate a lot of questions from those who aren't tech savvy.

Great job DevilDog!!!!

@fekker...

Maybe I'm dumb, but I can't seem to get @ the wiki. It tells me I've gotta log in, so I log in under SF ID and openID name...then it tells me I've got to log in to edit the page. I login (again), and it does the same thing...

- fekker - 2009-01-14

marirs Wrote:@fekker,

one small request if I may to make this perfect (for me Wink):

not overwrite "invalid" <moviename>.nfo (since the original .nfo may contain the rip settings etc.) Make the .nfo priority in folder mode: movie.nfo > "moviename".nfo > *.nfo (I assume this is the same as in XBMC?).
It will now rename an invalid nfo that contains the imdbid, adding ".oldversion" to the name.

Quote:also, more on a cosmetic, usability level, it would be nice if some of the empty tabs would be disabled to indicate that theres nothing there (on some moves there is only one poster, but I need to click all the icons and box shot tabs to check if there's anything there). Maybe combine all results into one pane if there aren't too many?
I've got a few ideas on that one, from a simple counter to the right of the tab name, to disabling the tabs.. I'll have to see what makes sense to do on those before changing the way they work.

- parena - 2009-01-15

When I read the post, I thought "counter in tab!" straight away. Seems a sensible solution. Disabling tabs is uncommon, I think. Smile

- SpoBo - 2009-01-15

Here's what happens when I start seeing images (I think) when using the program:

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: movieinfoplus.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.2392
Application Timestamp: 4969d181
Fault Module Name: KERNEL32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791ada5
Exception Code: e0434f4d
Exception Offset: 000000000002649d
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

Looks like something useful but for now it's sort of making a mess of it. I'm running Vista in Paralells on OS X.

It did write a .nfo file for one of my movies so that's not the problem. It mostly happens when I switch to a tab that has an image.

It happened when I had the current movie tab selected, loaded all my movies and then switched over to the posters view. It also happened when I was in settings, loaded all my movies and then switched to the current movie tab.

Hope someone can help me with this annoying issue .. I'd love to tag mt library with this app. Functionality seems pretty slick.

- gyrene2083 - 2009-01-15

SpoBo,

I had the same problem but I was just running Vista x64 as my lone OS, but here is what worked for me. I deinstalled all instances of movieinfoplus. I used RevoUninstaller, and CCleaner, and although you could probably just delete the folder I still found references in the registry. Once your sure it's completely uninstalled, load the latest build. Now being that your running Vista on OSX, I'm not sure what the out come is going to be, as I am running Vista x64 only, but I hope this gives you some sort of direction.

- fekker - 2009-01-15

I'm working on a new build, but it's pending approval of a new site.. If I don't hear back from them I will disable that addition.

It makes a bunch of changes to how existing .nfo's and tbn's are used, add's in counters for top level tabs, mostly a feature release as I thought I had most errors handled at this point.

For the issue your running into, which build of MIP are you running and is vista 32 or 64bit (home/premium/basic/business?)

If it's 64bit, you need rev 2400 + for it to have the correct mediainfo.dll called.. also during the rev 2400 install, the 32 or 64bit option needs to be selected based on OS type.

For rev 2400 and higher, the installer will put a file into the install directory based on the option selected (32 or 64bit) during install.. it will be either 32bit.txt or 64bit.txt

If your running 64bit and selected 32bit during the install.. you can download the other mediainfo.dll file and put that into the install directory (overwriting the existing file) http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mediainfo/MediaInfo_DLL_0.7.8_Windows_x64.zip?use_mirror=

- digitalhigh - 2009-01-15

I see you've got your hands pretty full with bugfixes and all, but I was just curious about the progress on either the studio stuff or for the "movies with new fanart" stuff...