Kodi Community Forum
Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows (/showthread.php?tid=41129)

- digitalhigh - 2009-01-29

Regex syntax works for sure in TV...haven't tried it under Movies. It's under the settings tab if you care to play with it.

- Z3rO - 2009-01-29

It seems that .ts files aren't supported. At least my .ts files on an external harddrive weren't detected.

- THX-UltraII - 2009-01-29

I m thinking about switching to MediaPortal (please dont shoot me! Big Grin) because MediaPortal is better compatible with external player option. Do you know if movie info plus is in some way compatible with Mediaportal? I ve downloaded the latest mediaportal version and installed the Aeon skin. However, there is not such a setting in Mediaportal like LIBRARY so the fanarts and movieinfo isn t showed, only the posters. Any idea maybe?

- Clumsy - 2009-01-30

Oh noes, the latest version again doesn't show posters for me Sad

- dbone1026 - 2009-01-30

THX-UltraII Wrote:I m thinking about switching to MediaPortal (please dont shoot me! Big Grin) because MediaPortal is better compatible with external player option. Do you know if movie info plus is in some way compatible with Mediaportal? I ve downloaded the latest mediaportal version and installed the Aeon skin. However, there is not such a setting in Mediaportal like LIBRARY so the fanarts and movieinfo isn t showed, only the posters. Any idea maybe?

Don't quote me on this, but I think Mediaportal saves the fanart/movie info in its own folder (i.e. c:\MediaPortal). I have been playing around with Mediaportal and using the moving pictures plugin MP does its own scraping and saves in a central folder. I don't know if there is a way to point MP at your information

- THX-UltraII - 2009-01-30

Guys,

I ve just switched back from MediaPortal to XBMC, reason is very simple: MOVIE INFO PLUS RULES and is not compatible with Mediaportal!

So, I m still learning everyday from XBMC and today is a new day and I hope you guys can help me further on my way. I ll try to describe as shot as possible what I did and what I want:

Wat I want:
Scan my movies with movie info plus, choose the arts and posters that I want to use and intergrate them into XBMC.

What I did so far:
Run Movie Info Plus. Choose my patch where my movies are stored (I use One main dir. called My Movies on my HD and in this map are all sepate maps for each movie). After this I ran Precache in MIP. Than I clicked each movie in the right bar of MIP and selected the fanart and poster that I wanted. After this I clicked on settings and choose 'Process all movies and recreate nfo files'. Closed MIP. After this I went to my Movie folder on my HD and saw that each movie folder contained one .nfo file, two .tbn files and a few .jpg files.

Ok, so far so good what I did? If not, please correct me where wrong!

Ok, next thing I did was run XBMC and went to 'Whatch your video's' (I m using the 1.00 MediaStream skin). I went into the FILE MODE and clicked on ADD SOURCE. After this XBMC asked which PATH I wanted to use so I there selected my main Movie Directory which is in my case C:\Documents and Settings\Movies. I added this directory and then choose SET CONTENT. Now comes a few questions of me HOW to set the content up right. At set content you have the opprtunity to choose Movies, TV-shows, Music Video's and None. So logically I choose Movies. I saw in the list that came up next that TMDB was selected Yellow. But what I don t want is that XBMC scans my movies online again with TMDB because I already did this with MIP correct? The options that can also be picked has questionmarks too with me because I don t understand what they are for and what they do:
- Run Automated Scan
- Use Folder Names For Lookups
- Scan Recursively
- Exclude Path From Library Updates

Maybe you guys can help me on my way further and explain things to me I don t understand yet.

Thanks for all help, really appreciate it. Nod

ps. Sorry for my bad English

- parena - 2009-01-30

Not sure about all the options, but XBMC will always look for the .nfo files and thumbnails first, before checking online. So if all your movies are done with MIP, XBMC will be finished really fast. Once it bumps into a movie without information, it will go online (you can see the progress bar wait).

- Run Automated Scan
Not sure, scanning is already automatic... but I think you need this one 'on'
- Use Folder Names For Lookups
Speaks for itself: use folder names for movie names, if you have your movies in their own folders (movies/moviename/moviename.avi for example)
- Scan Recursively
Speaks for itself. Not sure, but I'd say you shouldn't have this on together with the previous option. (why scan recursively if you have your movies in folders anyway and set to scan folder names?)
- Exclude Path From Library Updates
I guess this it to not update this 'source' from regular updates to your library. Not sure why this would be useful, if I'm right about what it does.

Also, I'm not sure if these options have any use if you've already scanned everything with MIP. Perhaps someone else knows?

- Clumsy - 2009-01-30

Anyone still got the 2445 release ? Didn't make a backup and now I can't use the app anymore because of the movie poster not showing up under wine bug, arghs !

- THX-UltraII - 2009-01-30

I already got my answer by PM from the MIP guru, DigitalHigh Big Grin

but another question,

when I add another movie to my HD folder and have runned the MIP for this new movie, does XBMC adds this movie with my chosen info automatically or do I have to set something up for this?

- kizer - 2009-01-30

@THX-UltraII

Yep what you described is correct. You still have to choose a scrapper, but xbmc will read all of your nfos and use your fanart and folder images. It will then take all of your images and make copies in your
C:\Program Files\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\Video
as well it will create your database C:\Program Files\XBMC\userdata\Database\MyVideos34.db

The reason I point out those directories is because sometimes after you create your Library by using the update database button or whatever it says I've had issues from tinkering around and by deleting the video thumbs and the MyVideo34.db magically everything was fixed by updating my database. However since you have a new build your probably good to go.

- kizer - 2009-01-30

It also works on the Xbox. You just have to look in the location you installed xbmc

- Ayla - 2009-01-31

Thank for a great program! Smile

A question:

I did a full auto-pilot scan. But I decided I wanted some other settings, so I deleted all .nfo's, .tbn's, .jpg's etc. from my movie folders and did another scan.

This time it went really fast, so it seems that MIP caches some info?

How do I completely reset MIP / start over?

Thanks
Martin

- Ayla - 2009-01-31

Oh, and another question:

There's some movies that MIP doesn't seem to find.

For example the movie "Cleaner", MIP comes up with some suggestions but under the "Modify Name" tab, when I look for similar titles, I can't select the exact movie title "Cleaner".

Any ideas?

/Martin

- kizer - 2009-01-31

I normally goto imdb.com and do a search for the movie. Click on the movie in question and then look at the url there would be a ttt#

Take that number and plug it into MIP. Click save and reload the album then save again with the correct movie.

- fekker - 2009-01-31

another week or so and I'll be back into things for a few updates and patches.

a note on modify name and what it looks for .. it searches the known movies from impawards posters and trys to find one that close to the name, it adds movies that it knows about as things progress. It doesn't contain all known movies, but it's got a lot of them in there.