Kodi Community Forum
Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows (/showthread.php?tid=41129)

- digitalhigh - 2009-01-02

It is in download mode...and I've re-selected the movie a few times. It's just not hitting IMDB. I've got Get Fanart selected in the settings as well.

- coastal - 2009-01-03

fekker,
It's damn nice app from what i've seen. Can you tell me what autopilot does? Obviously i've got some idea but i don't know how auto whatever process runs.

- gyrene2083 - 2009-01-03

Just curious I am going over my files, and I noticed that it's creating two .nfo files and two .tbn files
For example:
Matrix.nfo
movie.nfo
Matrix.tbn
movie.tbn
I checked the settings and there are settings that are checked that are greyed out.
create fanart.jpg
create <moviename>-fanart.jpg
create folder.jpg file
create <MovieName>.tbn file
create movie.tbn file

Personally I would perfer to have <MovieName>.tbn & .nfo. Any ideas? I'm running the beta 2 v2319

- fekker - 2009-01-03

coastal Wrote:fekker,
It's damn nice app from what i've seen. Can you tell me what autopilot does? Obviously i've got some idea but i don't know how auto whatever process runs.

Auto Pilot is a way to automatically process all the loaded movies and assign an icon and/or fanart, .nfo, etc, to them, or to change from one type of icon to another.

Quote:Just curious I am going over my files, and I noticed that it's creating two .nfo files and two .tbn files
For example:
Matrix.nfo
movie.nfo
Matrix.tbn
movie.tbn
I checked the settings and there are settings that are checked that are greyed out.
create fanart.jpg
create <moviename>-fanart.jpg
create folder.jpg file
create <MovieName>.tbn file
create movie.tbn file

Personally I would perfer to have <MovieName>.tbn & .nfo. Any ideas? I'm running the beta 2 v2319
Some settings are grayed out because they are required, others are either unfinished or i forgot to turn that option to disable it back on. I'll double check them for the next build and enable what I can.

A note on the next build, after 2 days of trying to get a wrapper working correctly for image magick, i've decided to just require that image magick be installed with the DLL option enabled if you want to use the new tagging feature (not yet released). I've got as far as a working wrapper and exe, but it's a real messy nightmare of code, different versions of IM, a ton of junk to put in the root folder of the app, and overall just a pain in the butt... i'll revisit that option again later, but for now, the feature will require install of image magick.

The new installer works pretty good, except that debugging is more of a pain. I'm going to try a few builds with it, but might revert back to sfx files. It does allow me to shrink the movieinfoplus.exe down allot by not directly embedding core resources, so it'll use less memory (not that it matters much with todays memory costs)

- roydonaldson - 2009-01-03

Hi there,

Managed to get past the installation and startup in MIP, excellent program !

However, now when I tell it to Download all my TV Shows, it goes off and does a lot of wget's and then it starts to bring in the TV Show names and it get American Dad, Battlestar Galactica and then it just hangs.

It's got 5 wget windows still open on the screen and the main MIP window is Not Responding.

What can I do to get some information to help fix this ?

Thanks,
Roy.

- JiveTalker - 2009-01-03

roydonaldson Wrote:... when I tell it to Download all my TV Shows, it goes off and does a lot of wget's and then it starts to bring in the TV Show names and it get American Dad, Battlestar Galactica and then it just hangs....

That's interesting, when I tried to process half a dozen tv series with build 2319 it also crashed whenever Battlestar Galactica was included in my list but was fine without it. The only unusual thing that I can think of with BSG is that some of the episodes have air dates in the future plus it has lots of specials, webisodes etc.

JiveTalker

Nah, it's not Bstar. I removed it and it crashed again. I then took the 4 series below out and it still crashed.

Shame, as it's a great application, but a bit unstable to be useable.

Roy.

- digitalhigh - 2009-01-03

roydonaldson Wrote:Nah, it's not Bstar. I removed it and it crashed again. I then took the 4 series below out and it still crashed.

Shame, as it's a great application, but a bit unstable to be useable.

Roy.

What OS are you using?

It's a boring ol'e XP SP2 on an IBM T60 laptop.

I've also got a couple of mac's, but there are no builds for that ?

Roy.

Fekker would obviously know more about this than me...

But howabout you give us a list of the TV folder you're scanning?

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Directory_Lister/1066410425/1

This program is pretty easy to use. Point it at your directory, go to the "preview" tab, then copy everything and paste it over at pastebin.com.

Maybe it's tripping on a weird filename or something. I'm using it on XP SP3, and haven't had any serious problems...

Just done:

Posted by Roy Donaldson on Sat 3 Jan 18:56
report abuse | download | new post

Can you see it ok ?

Roy.

roydonaldson Wrote:Just done:

Posted by Roy Donaldson on Sat 3 Jan 18:56
report abuse | download | new post

Can you see it ok ?

Roy.

See nothing. Just paste the URL of the post in pastebin. Big Grin

Oops:

http://pastebin.com/m5e01ecc

Have you tried running the scan without "American Dad" included? Those "!" in the title might throw it for a loop?

Also...might I recommend a program called Therenamer? It's awesome for renaming TV eps, provided the show name and episode/season number are present in the filename.

http://www.therenamer.com

You can literally just drag/drop your entire TV folder on there, and it'll do the rest. Very slick proggie. Big Grin

Was crashing without American Dad in it.