MediaStream Skin Feature Requests - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: MediaStream (/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+---- Thread: MediaStream Skin Feature Requests (/showthread.php?tid=41430)
- Hitcher - 2009-01-06 17:39
SlaveUnit Wrote:Is there a way to put a frame around the "now playing" movie window in the upper left corner? It would look much cleaner over the borderless video playing. Sorry if this has already been brought up but I didnt see it anywhere. I just thnik this looks better over the borderless....
That's a great idea.
Maybe even add info and progress bar if possible like this -
- fidoboy - 2009-01-06 19:24
Yes, i agree it's very much fancy using the frame and info. When i have a bit of time i'll investigate to see if i can make that change to mod the skin. Also i want to add rating and genre to Detailed list view for movies, and also to solve the bug when viewing movie library and there is no thumbnail for movies with no cover art.
- SlaveUnit - 2009-01-07 23:02
Also Id love to see an option where you can remove the glass effect from the posters. For some reason I just prefer the clean view. I wouldnt be bitching but this is a request thread.
- Shuey - 2009-01-18 15:48
I'd like the option to be able to drag the progress button when watching a video instead of clicking a seek button and waiting for it to get to the right spot. It's just easier to manually drag the progress button. (I hope I used the right terms, or at least terms that people will understand what I'm trying to say )
- smcnally75 - 2009-02-03 20:57
Peter_T Wrote:+1 for some sort of transparency (solid or gradient or something else) in the main menu in order to take full advantage of fanart.+2
- strangedaze39 - 2009-02-03 23:09
Sure it's been mentioned before but I'll add what I personally would like, for this great skin.
1) More transparency throughout the whole theme, the transparency of the main menu would be the most drastic change ideally IMO
2)Color variants, not a big change probably just have a option for the blue color glow to be changed to red/green/grey?
3) The iTunes visualizer is my favorite visualizer but I wish it could auto change from style to style (in the realm of different iTunes vis. styles) Also I can't pull up the on screen while playing menu found on the other visualizer styles.
4) Add albumstrip/filmstrip style to the options of library views (same or similar to the mod version)
5) Very minor detail, I like the watch/unwatched icons but can't stand the dark brownish tab they sit on. I understand this is used for film posters that are similar color to the icon. Maybe just a black version that looks less like a tab, could be just a circle or make the tab more transparent?
6) Icons need sprucing up IMO, I'm pretty involved in Mac GUI/Icon design, so I might be overly picky but spruced up icons couldn't hurt
As for usability this theme has possibly the best user friendliness of any theme I've tried (including horizons/aeon) That's why I'm using it for my family room htpc which has anywhere from 10-60 year old use. Thanks for taking the time, I know it takes a lot of work.
- wreezig - 2009-02-10 01:48
As I think was mentioned earlier, one really important thing to add is the ability to exit the skin, not just "shut down XBMC".
When I choose that alternative I shut down my whole HTPC.
I just want an option to quit XBMC and return to Windows.
PM3 has such an option. And right now it's so frustrating so I'm considering to sticking just to PM3 instead. Which is a bit sad.
- xbs08 - 2009-02-10 01:53
wreezig Wrote:As I think was mentioned earlier, one really important thing to add is the ability to exit the skin, not just "shut down XBMC".
You can choose if you want to quit xbmc, suspend, hibernate or shutdown.
- wreezig - 2009-02-10 19:20
Yeah, but the "Quit XBMC" in MediaStream shuts down the computer. Perhaps some issue with my computer.
But PM3 has "Exit XBMC" which just exactly exits XBMC and returns to Windows.
PM3 also has a "Shutdown" wich operates like the "Quit XBMC" in MediaStream. So even if it's an issue with the settings of my HTPC there's still a difference between the skins in that sense.
- Hitcher - 2009-02-10 19:24
System Settings > Default Shutdown Mode
Change to 'Quit'