Kodi Community Forum
'Adjust refresh rate' now working for Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: 'Adjust refresh rate' now working for Windows (/showthread.php?tid=41452)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

- alanwww1 - 2008-12-09

pike Wrote:havent read all posts, but you cannot depend on Samsung's INFO Hz

Hello Pike !

Thank you for your interest in this problem.

I have the same oppinion. My suggestion is to make a list in advancedsettings.xml where everyone could put his available (desirable) refresh rates in it as a llist. Than XBMC could use these refresh rates (and, or resolutions)

The problem is that XBMC does not detect the available resoultions and refresh rates in certain situations. Depending on which video card or TV or Monitor is used. For example Nvidia 9400 does not work with LCD tvs.

We need some help here.

Thank you, you are doing a great work !

- dpassent - 2008-12-09

pike Wrote:havent read all posts, but you cannot depend on Samsung's INFO Hz

It definitely shows the right values when switching refresh rates from desktop with ATI HD3200, my laptop with nvidia card (can't install xbmc there to test unfortunately), xbox360 (50 or 60Hz). If I set desktop and then xbmc to 60Hz and play 24fps material I see judder, when I switch my desktop and XBMC to 24Hz I see no judder - so XBMC doesn't switches refresh rate for me for 100%.

- pike - 2008-12-09

argh... my Samsung TV only shows full Hz, eg 24Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz

where are the decimals Huh

And Im on Linux, where we use xorg.conf

- dpassent - 2008-12-09

gonna bite my tongue, cross my fingers, drink some vodka and I WILL TRY UBUNTU Smile

And when you asking where are the decimals - I don't care if 24Hz is really 23.999 on the LCD. I can make my Sammy go 23.976 with powerstrip, but that's not the point - the point is in my setup it TRIES to switch, it writes info into log, but then it goes back to initial refresh rate - and I know it for sure because I try to switch from 60Hz to 24Hz, not from 24Hz to 23.976Hz Smile

Anyway I will try UBUNTU tonight Smile

DP

- alanwww1 - 2008-12-09

dpassent Wrote:gonna bite my tongue, cross my fingers, drink some vodka and I WILL TRY UBUNTU Smile

And when you asking where are the decimals - I don't care if 24Hz is really 23.999 on the LCD. I can make my Sammy go 23.976 with powerstrip, but that's not the point - the point is in my setup it TRIES to switch, it writes info into log, but then it goes back to initial refresh rate - and I know it for sure because I try to switch from 60Hz to 24Hz, not from 24Hz to 23.976Hz Smile

Anyway I will try UBUNTU tonight Smile

DP

I think you have some problem with being not on full screen. Try to disable aero and try to run XBMC with -fs command line option. Or there is an advanced setting i don't know exactly where you can force it to run in full screen: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=AdvancedSettings.xml#.3Cfullscreen.3E

On Linux it works very well, except i have some tering issue, and i ahve problem having multichannel lpcm working over HDMI. As i know there is no possible siolution yet in linux for that only 2channel S/PDIF or AC3, DTS encoded multichannel audio.

- User 34959 - 2008-12-11

Are .srt subtitles already working when framerate adjusting is enabled in current svn?

- Locutus - 2008-12-11

maybe a stupid question but where the hell can I set the refreshrate within XBMC? I can only choose a resolution (running @ 1920*1080 fullscreen) but no refreshrates. And under "System Info" I always see 60hz (also I set it @ 50Hz in Windows). How can I see the refreshrate while playing a video?

thx in advance

- Hitcher - 2008-12-11

Z on the keyboard.

??? - Locutus - 2008-12-11

if I press Z (same as Info on remote) I don't get any info about the refreshrate!
And I read somewhere in this thread that somehow u can set the refreshrate
within XBMC! Where/how can I do that?

refreshrate?

- alanwww1 - 2008-12-11

Locutus Wrote:if I press Z (same as Info on remote) I don't get any info about the refreshrate!
And I read somewhere in this thread that somehow u can set the refreshrate
within XBMC! Where/how can I do that?

You are not using a fresh SVN version. This feature is not in the stable release.

You can download a fresh precompiled SVN here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35452

- fidoboy - 2008-12-12

I'm using a precompiled SVN from that location but i still can see that option. May be that the reason is because i'm using the MediaStream skin??

regards,

- Locutus - 2008-12-12

I don't know, but with PM3 HD and a precompiled SVN I can see it. Is it also possible to show the fps as it was on the original Xbox?

- schafwurzel - 2008-12-13

I've also tried the new build with the adjust framerate option but nothing will be adjusted automatically. But, that really doesn't matter yet. When I set 24hz or 50hz manually and restart XBMC everything runs really smooth.

Though, there is a little drawback thats not logical for me. When I set Upscaling algorithm to lanczos, the playback jitters although my CPU is just 40% in use. What I can also see is that one of the two Cores (E5200) has quite more work to do.

What I don't understand is, why does without upscaling my SD@25hz material is running really really smooth without jitter, but with upscaling although my CPU is capable of doing that, it jitters?

I also wanted to try reclock but it doesn't activate when using XBMC.

Any ideas?

Regards
Schaf!

- dpassent - 2008-12-15

well. i sorted it out. for my ATI HD3200 i had to enable vsync for every ap in ATI CCC and disable it completly in XBMC. now me happy Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

DP

- mindweaver - 2008-12-15

dpassent Wrote:well. i sorted it out. for my ATI HD3200 i had to enable vsync for every ap in ATI CCC and disable it completly in XBMC. now me happy Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

DP

Have anyone tried this with success on a NVIDIA card? I mean turning off vsync in xbmc and forcing it in 3D applications settings of NVIDIA Control Panel? For me that doesn't work. (7100 and 8500GT)