Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] MediaStream v1.00 (4/12/2008) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MediaStream (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] MediaStream v1.00 (4/12/2008) (/showthread.php?tid=41541)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- timdog82001 - 2009-02-10

timdog82001 Wrote:the latest svn has a bug. When using custom multiimage backgrounds on the home screen, the left section of the default image is visible when you press select on any of the items to go to that directory

I tried to get a screenshot to show what I mean, but no matter what it lags and doesn't take it until it's already entered the music directory. ARgh. Anyway, I've tried fresh installs of newer versions of XBMC and the latest svn of MediaStream of course and the problem persists.

- opdenkamp - 2009-02-13

I downloaded the MediaStream from SVN on Linux and it was missing all backgrounds. Found out that the directory names had the first letter uppercased and XBMC was looking for lowercased directory names. Making a couple of symlinks did the trick:

Code:
dush@bieneke:/usr/local/share/xbmc/skin# svn co https://xboxmediacenter.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xboxmediacenter/MediaStream
dush@bieneke:/usr/local/share/xbmc/skin# cd MediaStream
dush@bieneke:/usr/local/share/xbmc/skin/MediaStream# ln -s Colors colors
dush@bieneke:/usr/local/share/xbmc/skin/MediaStream# ln -s Media media
dush@bieneke:/usr/local/share/xbmc/skin/MediaStream# ln -s Fonts fonts
dush@bieneke:/usr/local/share/xbmc/skin/MediaStream# ln -s Sounds sounds

- skunkm0nkee - 2009-02-13

Unfortunately I don't have Linux so can't test this myself but the windows Build.bat is setup to build the skin with lowercase names for each of the folders (you should be building the skin before using it and not just using what you download from SVN)

If someone can post an updated version of the Linux build.sh script (which converts the folder names to lower case) then I'd be happy to add it to the SVN?

- openricky - 2009-02-13

hrmm, didn't know the SVN had to be built. i didn't see any instructions and ./configure wasn't found. maybe i missed something. will try to investigate this afternoon and report back.

- paul - 2009-02-13

You have to click on .bat file but i doubt it will do this on a linux system

- empty - 2009-02-14

Posted in wrong thread!

- rajincajin - 2009-02-15

ok maybe i'm blind or dumb or both but how do i get the latest build? i downloaded the original 1.0 and it had quite a few bugs and i see a lot of talk about the SVN updates (what does svn stand for anyway?) and well i can't find an updated folder...

i clicked on the link in the first post that mentioned the SVN stuff and it's just a bunch of files/folders/etc... do i need to copy everything from there into a mediastream folder or something?

i'm assuming svn is just user updates from the source code... that's how it was for the windows version of xbmc. it came with an easy to follow link though that went to a setup executable hence my confusion with the lack of something as easy for mediastream

- rajincajin - 2009-02-15

n/m i guess i didn't search hard enough for the answer... found a tutorial and downloaded tortoisesvn and going through it that way. also found out what svn was heh it's nice to understand things a little better Smile

- paul - 2009-02-15

rajincajin Wrote:n/m i guess i didn't search hard enough for the answer... found a tutorial and downloaded tortoisesvn and going through it that way. also found out what svn was heh it's nice to understand things a little better Smile
If you search for and download xbmcsm0.7 this program will download mediastream and a bunch of other skins directly from the svn and it will compile each skin and if you give it details of where xbmc is on your xbox / pc it will upload the finished skin to it, it's that simple. or you could use tortoise svn to download it but you will either xprexpress or XBMCTex.exe to compress the skin graphics into a textures.xpr
Either option is farely simple the choice is your'sSmile

- opdenkamp - 2009-02-20

skunkm0nkee Wrote:If someone can post an updated version of the Linux build.sh script (which converts the folder names to lower case) then I'd be happy to add it to the SVN?

There was no linux/osx build script. I created one which basically does the same as the batch file. I tested it on my linux (ubuntu) machine but it should work just fine on any system that supports bash shell scripts.

You can find it here.

If there are any bugs, just let me know in a PM and I'll fix it.

edit:
You'll have to compile XBMCTex from the XBMC svn source. It's in /XBMC/tools/XBMCTex. Just ./configure && make does the trick.
I've compiled it for a 32bit system and it's here.

edit 2:
This script is now in the SVN tree. No need to download it from the link posted above. Therefor I removed from the webserver.

- zosky - 2009-03-30

hi, im using kubuntu 8.10 xbmc SVN 18324 & MediaStream Skin v1
media stream rocks. thanks for such an amazing skin !!!

Wall View is awesome,
especially since the it uses 2 aspect rations,
(i think this is new to 1.0 from .92)

... poster aspect for movies ... thumbnail aspect for tv shows
Image Image

using the launcher plugin i've loaded some emus in the programs section,
Image Image
these 2 sceen caps look really wonky

what would it take to correct aspect rations on the programs wall view ?

XBMC Babylon alpha1 - frank - 2009-04-08

Just a few bugs with XBMC Babylon alpha1

1.Doesnt seem to set default folder when selected.
2.Context menu of the screen (right) in movies.

Requests.

To set games screen (launcher) as default
More (smaller) movies on screen in coverflow
Be able to turn on/off each sub-menus
Clock and weather HUGE on main menu.

Great work Cheers

Bug - sanXp - 2009-04-08

Noticed a bug in TV Shows. In shows with more than one season, All Seasons will show the number of episodes in Season 1, instead of the total. Running XBMC 9.04 Alpha 1 with MediaStream v1.00.

- DanGarion - 2009-04-11

I seem to never get this one to work right. It loads ok, but always crashes when I try to bring up my music, it will just sit there at "please wait" for a long time. If I try to FTP to my Xbox it doesn't respond which would make me think it's crashing it.

- xbs08 - 2009-04-11

try mediastream lite mod for xbox.