Weather FanArt Pack (Backdrops with different weather conditions) - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Artwork packs (/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+---- Thread: Weather FanArt Pack (Backdrops with different weather conditions) (/showthread.php?tid=41650)
- timdog82001 - 2010-07-14 08:44
It seems all the downloads I've gotten from this has earned me a free pro account at rapidshare haha. Thanks, guys.
- rockNme2349 - 2010-10-03 23:39
First of all, thanks for the great fanart pack!
I had this installed on my HTPC machine, but after a while, I decided to upgrade from an XBMC Live install to a full Ubuntu installation for some more features. When i went to redownload this, it took me forever to get connected to that host you used. Now that I have it downloaded I created a torrent to help distribute this a little easier. Here's the link to the torrent file.
- timdog82001 - 2010-10-11 10:29
@ rockNme2349 Thanks, great idea!
@ everybody else
So, I was thinking that this is basically an add-on so it might make sense if it were available via XBMC's new add-on browser, but there are a few question marks in my mind.
1. This is very large download, ~160 mb. This is possibly larger than what Team XBMC would like to host.
2. It is a bit different than other downloads available via the add-on browser, which I believe are exclusively skins, plugins and scripts right now. Perhaps Team XBMC has a slightly narrower definition of addon than I do...and wouldn't want to host it for that reason.
3. If this were to be made available via the add-on browser, it may need to be in the form of a small script...my thinking is that this script would install the pack after prompting you for a location and informing the user that weather fanart needs to be linked to/enabled in the skin settings, and maybe mention skins known to support weather fanart "out of the box" and warn that not all have built-in support, but mods are available in the forums? Something along those lines anyway....
- darkscout - 2011-01-07 22:32
I have them now hosted and in the usenet cloud.
Pick your poison on how you want to get them. And of course anyone that uses usenet knows how fast that can be.
There are resized packages for each of main TV resolutions.
It also includes the originals along with all the scripts I used to make each of the TV resolutions.
Automatically resized for each screen resolution. I'll see if I can delve into the addon system and make my own.
Once it is made an add on. Skin makers will have to change how you 'select' which one you want. (think of how you select what Lyrics, Subtitle or Web interface you want to use).
THEN people could start packaging different fan art packages.
One I just thought of off the top of my head would be the
"Aly Williams Weather FanArt". addon.weatherfanart.familyguy
Photoshop screen clips from family guy to "Aly Williams Says Its Cold!"
This one, a very simple, elegant weatherfanart background, etc.
- timdog82001 - 2011-01-13 08:24
Nice, thank you for the mirror, darkscout. Good idea with the multiple resolutions. I'll add a link in the first post, if that's ok with you.
Cool idea about different styles of weather fanart. An aly williams fanart pack would certainly be interesting haha. Now if somebody did feel so inclined, a script would be most welcome, but I personally do not have the know-how to make one.
- darkscout - 2011-01-13 10:43
- avus m3 - 2011-03-21 20:00
Thanks for updating the first post and keeping this thread alive/relevant.
- rflores2323 - 2011-04-27 15:47
darkscout Wrote:I have them now hosted, torrented, and in the usenet cloud.
great! I used usenet and it was great to have this downloaded for my setup. Thanks again!
- timdog82001 - 2011-04-27 19:54
For those curious, it looks like xbmc developers are looking into how to implement things like fanart packs as official addons.
- Kode - 2011-04-30 03:33
I could look at adding support for weather to fanart.tv if there is any interest in me doing so.
I could then provide an API interface to download weather sets or something.