Kodi Community Forum
Weather FanArt Pack (Backdrops with different weather conditions) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: Weather FanArt Pack (Backdrops with different weather conditions) (/showthread.php?tid=41650)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- kizer - 2009-01-31

timdog82001 Wrote:sure. The exact implementation depends on what skin you're using, but as far as the multiimage control itself, you don't need to change anything about it whether its in the weather window, home window, or anywhere else for that matter.

I guess I'm confused in what you mean. Don't you have to put the background statement in the myweather.xml and the home.xml files?

- Wir3d - 2009-01-31

kizer Wrote:I guess I'm confused in what you mean. Don't you have to put the background statement in the myweather.xml and the home.xml files?

Yes, if you want to use them on the homepage and weather page.

- kizer - 2009-01-31

Wir3d Wrote:Yes, if you want to use them on the homepage and weather page.

Thanks I'll see what I can break or give up after trying. hahahaha

- timdog82001 - 2009-01-31

yes, i was just saying you could pretty much copy and paste the multiimage control from one window to the other without having to change anything except maybe the position and size (posx, posy, and width, height). My point was that there aren't any weird window dependent variables in the control or anything of that sort.

And where exactly? Everett? I used to live in Port Angeles if you know where that is, and I noticed another member on here (or maybe it was xbox-scene) that was from the same place, and that kind of surprised me.

- kizer - 2009-01-31

Marysville, just North of Everett. Wink

Thanks I'll see if can figure it out for the heck of it.

- timdog82001 - 2009-02-01

ah, yeah, Marysville....I think I stopped off there last year at a homedepot or jc penny or something, some shopping mall, where I met a guy to sell him a car part from my old impreza haha. I'm not sure i've ever really explored the area, though.

- kizer - 2009-02-02

Welp I've come to the conslusion that either I'm blind or can't figure out how to get the fanart to auto change in the weather area or the home page based on the conditions. I've played with the code list a few posts above.

If anybody wants to throw me a bone I'd be greatful Wink

Oh yeah using PM3HD

- timdog82001 - 2009-02-03

kizer Wrote:Welp I've come to the conslusion that either I'm blind or can't figure out how to get the fanart to auto change in the weather area or the home page based on the conditions. I've played with the code list a few posts above.

If anybody wants to throw me a bone I'd be greatful Wink

Oh yeah using PM3HD

It's possible some or all of the code for the home backgrounds is located in the includes.xml and is only referenced in the home.xml file with an <include> tag. Or have you managed to find the relevant controls but just cant get it to work?

- boxterduke - 2009-02-05

Great thread and work everyone.

I'm new to XBMC and I copied timdog82001 files that he posted on page one and edited them to point my path which is C:\XBMC\Backdrops\weather

So both files look like this (see below) but it is not working. It just shows a black screen at both home and when I select weather. Is there something else I need to change. I'm using MediaStream V1.00

I take it that the pictures should stay in their subdirectories for the codes to work but do I need to do anything else?

Your help is appreciated.

Home file:

<control type="group" id="214">
<description>Weather Background Image</description>
<include>HomeBackgroundFade</include>
<include>HomeWeatherBGVisible</include>
<control type="multiimage">
<imagepath>C:\XBMC\Backdrops\weather\$INFO[Weather.FanartCode]</imagepath>
<include>CustomBGMultiImage</include>
<include>WeatherBGVisible</include>
<include>HomeWeatherBGVisible</include>
</control>

MyWeather file:

<controls>
<control type="group">
<visible>Window.IsVisible(MyWeather)</visible>
<visible>![Control.IsVisible(53) + Window.IsMedia]</visible>

<control type="group">
<control type="multiimage">
<imagepath>C:\XBMC\Backdrops\weather\$INFO[Weather.FanartCode]</imagepath>
<include>CustomBGMultiImage</include>
</control>

<control type="group">
<include>CustomWeatherBackground</include>
</control>
</control>
</control>

- timdog82001 - 2009-02-05

the only thing you changed was the file path? It should work then, you could try adding a slash to the end but i don't think that should be necessary. how old is the xbmc you're using? what revision?

- Wir3d - 2009-02-05

Make sure you are using latest version of XBMC too.

- boxterduke - 2009-02-05

Hey guys, I'm using the latest version of XBMC. I downloaded it mid January from the main site so it is XBMC 8.10 ‘Atlantis’.

As for the slash do you mean at the end of the path? C:\XBMC\Backdrops\weather\
It is added as you can see above.

Is anyone using Aeon and can post their files? I can try Aeon and see if it works or Horizonz.

- ekim232 - 2009-02-05

Has anyone had any luck with this in PM3.HD?

I am mostly interested in getting it working in home.xml.

If anyone could assist me with their code, I would appreciate it.

I must be missing something because it is coming up with the default picture still.

boxterduke Wrote:Hey guys, I'm using the latest version of XBMC. I downloaded it mid January from the main site so it is XBMC 8.10 ‘Atlantis’.

As for the slash do you mean at the end of the path? C:\XBMC\Backdrops\weather\
It is added as you can see above.

Is anyone using Aeon and can post their files? I can try Aeon and see if it works or Horizonz.

That's the problem. It wasn't added until after 8.10. You have to get the newest svn. If you're getting linux, there is an svn repository, for osx, i have no idea, and for windows, you get it here: http://ocs.nl/xbmc/

ekim232 Wrote:Has anyone had any luck with this in PM3.HD?

I am mostly interested in getting it working in home.xml.

If anyone could assist me with their code, I would appreciate it.

I must be missing something because it is coming up with the default picture still.

You should probably disable the default picture if you're going to have the fanart there. It's possible it may be covering up the weather fanart even..

The easiest thing to do would probably be just to modify the default image control and change it to a "multiimage" control, and add in <timeperimage> and other necessary multiimage tags (see the wiki for all of them).