Kodi Community Forum
What platform are you running XBMC Media Center on? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: What platform are you running XBMC Media Center on? (/showthread.php?tid=41845)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

What platform are you running XBMC Media Center on? - Team-XBMC - 2008-12-09

What is your primary (living-room) platform for XBMC today?
http://xbmc.org/download/

- Hitcher - 2008-12-09

This should be interesting because, initially at least, Windows wasn't a supported platform but it seems to have overtaken Linux judging by the number of threads/posts on the forum as of late.

- althekiller - 2008-12-09

Hitcher Wrote:This should be interesting because, initially at least, Windows wasn't a supported platform but it seems to have overtaken Linux judging by the number of threads/posts on the forum as of late.

That's hardly a good representation of userbase.

- Geeba - 2008-12-09

Xbox for me in the lounge... I have Hi-Def TV but encode my movies to run on the Xbox or leave them as avi, xvid, iso etc.... dont wanna sound cheesey but "it just works"

My test beds are Windows and Live, tried Linux not my bag... to many hoops.

- watzen - 2008-12-09

wouldn't you be able to check the webserver logs and see what clients are used to access the rss feed? and have xbmc report what system its running on? That should give a nice representation. Would be interesting to see how many users there are.

EDIT:
I checked the code, it reports:
XBMC/8.10
OS
Kernel version
And I think that the majority of the users hasn't changed the feedadress.

- Geeba - 2008-12-09

My RSS feed points to the BBC UK news Big Grin

- Jezz_X - 2008-12-09

Problem here is I use it on more than 1 platform as I'm sure many do these days I have windows linux and xbox machines all doing my bidding.
So can I vote for more than one Smile I think not

- rwparris2 - 2008-12-10

watzen Wrote:wouldn't you be able to check the webserver logs and see what clients are used to access the rss feed? and have xbmc report what system its running on? That should give a nice representation. Would be interesting to see how many users there are.

EDIT:
I checked the code, it reports:
XBMC/8.10
OS
Kernel version
And I think that the majority of the users hasn't changed the feedadress.

This sounds like a great idea.

I'm also in the same boat as jezz I have xbox in the living room and windows in the bedroom.

I guess xbox gets the vote 'cause I love it more than my crappy windows box Smile

- digitalhigh - 2008-12-10

Currently running Windoze in the living room, xbox in the bedroom. I'm debating giving XBMC live a go...see how much the overhead drops. Currently I'm a bit disappointed by the performance in windows. I thought that quadrupling the system resources would show a marked increase in performance...

- rwparris2 - 2008-12-10

digitalhigh Wrote:Currently running Windoze in the living room, xbox in the bedroom. I'm debating giving XBMC live a go...see how much the overhead drops. Currently I'm a bit disappointed by the performance in windows. I thought that quadrupling the system resources would show a marked increase in performance...

Just curious, what in xbmc-windows runs slow? Mine runs great, scraping & general responsiveness is remarkably better than my xbox. I am using the exact same (standard def) content on both machines and playback is exactly the same.

- hicaow - 2008-12-15

i need to be able to add about 10 more votes to XBOX .. my friends and family use XBMC on XBOX's all the time, and i have 3 in my house as well .. :]

- Geeba - 2008-12-15

hicaow Wrote:i need to be able to add about 10 more votes to XBOX .. my friends and family use XBMC on XBOX's all the time, and i have 3 in my house as well .. :]

Yup me too... Nod brother, sister, girlfriends dad and brother, all my mates, work colleagues and a laod of friends in Portugal! I made the mistake of taking one over for a friend then all my friends there went mad for them... everytime I go over people ask me to bring them an XBMC Xbox! Laugh

- Geeba - 2008-12-22

well over a 1,000 visits and only 135 people have clicked...... Huh

- J_K_M_A_N - 2008-12-22

People may be like me and just curious what the vote is at...Blush I did vote though. Big Grin

J_K_M_A_N

- User 42580 - 2009-01-22

I'm quite surprised by the large number of people using the Windows version. I was lead to believe that the main platform on the PC was the Linux one.

And also by the large number of people still using the Xbox version. I guess that's a huge merit of the XBMC team. I mean, they really made the life of that console last a lot longer for quite some people. Superb job.