Kodi Community Forum
What platform are you running XBMC Media Center on? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: What platform are you running XBMC Media Center on? (/showthread.php?tid=41845)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

- bitplane - 2009-09-09

Linux at home, Windows at my parent's house, Xbox at my girlfriend's sister's house (for the kids).

- sheshou73 - 2009-10-04

xbox and windows

- ali B - 2009-10-16

Xbox in the lounge until the HD XBMC live box is built. (it'll still be in an xbox case... does that count Smile and the original xbox will still be in use elsewhere in the house

- tehsoul - 2009-10-17

xbmc live installed to hdd, updated to the svn ppa afterwards
it's all gravy Smile

- joedeal - 2009-10-17

Linux.....need the GPU hardware acceleration..for 1080p

- Bigs - 2009-10-17

I have it installed on one Windows machine for testing.
I want to use it everywhere in my house (7 TV's, LAN or WLAN in every room, 12 computers) but sadly, the lack of support for live TV prevents me to use it....

- Jkinney - 2009-10-29

xbox>4:3 tv, Windows laptop>hdtv

would like to build/buy htpc at some point

- sonic - 2009-11-03

Linux and Xbox

- trailervert - 2009-11-07

Yea, been running XBMC on xbox since the start, but I am starting to get frustrated with the memory lags. Starting to move everything to a dual core windows unit. Just having trouble letting go of the o' xbox.

- stokedfish - 2009-11-07

Linux only, thanks.

- Constructacon - 2009-11-27

windows and xbox for when the windows box is offline for maintenance (rarely)

- jabba_29 - 2009-11-27

I started on a old Xbox about a year ago, I guess.
It was too noisy, so I bought an Apple TV and am loving it...

My son also has XBMC on my old Windows laptop -
though it is kitted out the same (Alaska (red slate) skin).

- turner3d - 2009-11-28

Xbox 1 (w. X3CE + 160GB hdd) connected to HDTV + optical AC3 via hd kit.

I'm fascinated by bleeding-edge tech as much as the next guy, but with a brand new house & a 4-year-old kid, I don't really have the desire to sink the cash into a HTPC whether it's Linux or win32. I realize this is strictly personal preference, but the gadgeteer in me is satisfied by making something do things it wasn't made for (Xbox + XBMC) much more than just picking a media-center app for a system that's designed to be a HTPC.

There are at least a dozen other people I've turned on to the Xbox1 + XBMC combination. Once they realize they can have a media extender for practically nothing by snagging an Xbox on Craig's List for $20-$25, softmodding it (free) & installing XBMC (free), they jump all over it. Why wouldn't they?

Of course I do get frustrated with the lack of horsepower on the Xbox now and then, but I just stay away from MKVs. It does an outstanding job with xvids up to 900+ pixels wide, which covers most of the xvids out there.

There seems to be a growing attitude of "the Xbox is dead - stop beating a dead horse", etc. This may be true for the bleeding-edge enthusiast who has a need to cram every pixel possible onto the screen no matter how much he has to pay for it, but please do not forget the large numbers of us who still use and would like to see continued support for the Xbox 1.

Linux and xbox - planetfoo - 2009-12-05

My main home theater is an embedded linux platform. I also have 3 modded xboxes running xbmc as well.

- Typhoid Mary - 2009-12-25

What turner3d said...