Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=42041)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

- rwparris2 - 2008-12-29

BlueCop Wrote:have you tried using the new plugin by rwparris2

based on his comment above he has used it on windows and linux.

sry, that was very misleading. I streamed h264 from a different site on linux, and it had the same playing too fast bug. I have not tried my plugin in linux.

- robc - 2008-12-29

@rwparris2-- I just wanted to provide some feedback. First off, nice work! Also to BlueCop. rwparris2, some of the subcategories worked, and some did not not work for me in both movies and tv; All Items, Action and Adventure, and Drama for example. I didn't test all of them though. The script appears to download items for a subcat, but does not advance. I am using xbox and in the US. I did uncomment the quality setting in settings.xml as mentioned.

- kricker - 2008-12-29

mpskeeter Wrote:I had to edit the settings.xml file and uncomment the quality setting for it to work.
Using a win32 build, I had to do the same thing. If I did not, I would get a "could not connect to server" pop up. Once the h.264 streaming gets worked out, I'll be pretty happy. The flash versions are just to crappy for my taste. I like where this is going. Great work fellas/ladies.

- crichton - 2008-12-29

I've modified the original version to scrape from the Hulu website instead of querying the xml feed. It allowed me to add the following features.

* Browse TV Shows and Movies Alphabetically
* Browse TV Shows and Movies by Genre
* Group TV Show episodes by Seasons and separate Clips into their own folder
* Get all TV Shows and identify if certain shows have clips only
* Format Episode names with the season/episode number at the beginning in a standard format, e.g. S02E04
* Added the ability to search the videos using the built-in keyboard to enter search terms.

I also refactored the code and broke each menu into a separate file to make it easier to modify going forward. I've been working on this during the Christmas holiday, and tried to include most of the fixes everyone else has added, but I might have missed some.

Download Here

- BlueCop - 2008-12-29

JeffElkins Wrote:I've asked if anyone is using the plugin with Linux. No response.

I just installed xbmc on my ubuntu 8.10 laptop to aid in development of the script. i have tried various versions of the script but none of them currently work.

I am attempting to debug this now and hopefully linux will be fully supported soon.

Update: well i have found some of the bugs and was trying to correct them but then i ran into this

03:07:23 T:1243859280 M: 38584320 DEBUG: Property: <Name: level, STRING: error>
03:07:23 T:1243859280 M: 38584320 DEBUG: Property: <Name: code, STRING: NetConnection.Connect.Rejected>
03:07:23 T:1243859280 M: 38584320 DEBUG: Property: <Name: description, STRING: [ AccessManager.Reject ] : Access denied!>

I am geting an access denied

I checked the PlayURL and PlayPath and they are correct so it might be something with rtmp on the linux branch.

Hulu Plugin on Linux - bigbaddumbdog - 2008-12-29

I have BlueCop's Hulu plugin working on the Linuxport. For the most part it works great. I've only had it stop playing a Hulu stream a couple of times. BlueCop, you've done a fantastic job. Keep up the good work.

I would like to see the ability to start a stream where I left off and the ability to seek forward or backward. The current plugin will let you FFWD at 2X or 4X, but will often hang for a minute when doing so.

Here are the particulars of my system. It's an uptodate Gentoo x86.

Linux version 2.6.25-gentoo-r7 (gcc version 4.1.2 (Gentoo 4.1.2 p1.0.2)) #1 SMP Sun Sep 28 15:03:22 CDT 2008

I'm running Linuxport svn Rev 16736.

I had to modify the following to get it to compile.

===================================================================
--- xbmc/lib/libGoAhead/XBMChttp.cpp (revision 16736)
+++ xbmc/lib/libGoAhead/XBMChttp.cpp (working copy)
@@ -2747,8 +2747,8 @@
height=atoi(paras[4]);
}
CPicture pic;
- int ret;
- ret=pic.ConvertFile(tmpFile, filepath, (float) atof(paras[2]), width, height, atoi(paras[5]));
+ int ret = 0;
+// ret=pic.ConvertFile(tmpFile, filepath, (float) atof(paras[2]), width, height, atoi(paras[5]));
if (ret==0)
{
:Big GrineleteFile(tmpFile);

I had to modify the following file to get Hulu to work.

===================================================================
--- xbmc/lib/libRTMP/rtmp.cpp (revision 16736)
+++ xbmc/lib/libRTMP/rtmp.cpp (working copy)
@@ -513,6 +513,15 @@
strPlay = url.GetFileName().Mid(pos_slash+1);
}

+ if (!strPlay.IsEmpty())
+ {
+ int nSemiColonPos = strPlay.find(";");
+ if ( nSemiColonPos > 0 )
+ {
+ strPlay = strPlay.Mid(0, nSemiColonPos);
+ }
+ }
+
if (strPlay.IsEmpty()){
CLog::Log(LOGERROR,"%s, no name to play!", __FUNCTION__);
return false;

Regards,

bigbaddumbdog

- superkt - 2008-12-29

crichton Wrote:I've modified the original version to scrape from the Hulu website instead of querying the xml feed. It allowed me to add the following features.

* Format Episode names with the season/episode number at the beginning in a standard format, e.g. S02E04
* Added the ability to search the videos using the built-in keyboard to enter search terms.

I also refactored the code and broke each menu into a separate file to make it easier to modify going forward. I've been working on this during the Christmas holiday, and tried to include most of the fixes everyone else has added, but I might have missed some.

Download Here

Good work! Of course here come the complaints...Rolleyes
Many of the episodes freeze up for me still after watching. One other thing I noticed (not sure if its true for any other shows) but with The Office, there are full episodes to watch but only the clips show up on this version of the script. Also the H264 versions of a lot of shows would keep buffering throughout playing. Nothing else was eating my bandwidth so I'm not sure what that was about.

Wish I knew Python so I could help out! You guys are doing fantastic work though. This is by far my favorite XBMC plugin.

- crichton - 2008-12-29

I fixed the problem with TV Show like 'The Office' and 'Attack of the Show' where the clips are structed into sub folders. Those all should work now. "The Office" is different from other shows, in that it doesn't break down the episodes by season, but got it to work.

Download the fixed version

crichton Wrote:I've modified the original version to scrape from the Hulu website instead of querying the xml feed. It allowed me to add the following features.

Download Here

- robc - 2008-12-30

@crichton - Cool menus. TV shows worked, but couldn't get any of the movies to play. Sad

- hello_man - 2008-12-30

I get message, retrieving directory, 0 file found. Can't see any video.

- crichton - 2008-12-30

Sorry about that. It's fixed now.

Download

robc Wrote:@crichton - Cool menus. TV shows worked, but couldn't get any of the movies to play. Sad

- zslates - 2008-12-30

Same as below. I couldn't see any videos from the first install (verison .1 I think) or hte second install (version .2 I think).

hello_man Wrote:I get message, retrieving directory, 0 file found. Can't see any video.

- robc - 2008-12-30

@crichton - This works flawlessly now. Very responsive too... I'm impressed.

- timdog82001 - 2008-12-30

For those curious, I just tried rwparris's version on mac osx leopard and everything seems to work as well as it does on the xbox (though navigation from folder to folder seems quite a bit slower)

- BlueCop - 2008-12-30

yes excellent work crichton. I like how organized your code is. again excellent work.

Maybe we should try to organize all these individual scriptwriters into a team to be more efficient. right now i think rwparris2 has got crichton and myself signed up to a google code project. I am not nearly on their level of ability and speed but i think i can contribute a bit.

I feel we all want many of the same things and this could focus our energy like a laser beam and have a truly incredible video plugin.

I have been trying to add various features but i think we are going to need some xbmc developers to add some features in order to implement many of them. I might just be ignorant of the features needed for them.

all these forks or i guess reimplementations are hard to keep track of so i don't really have a nice code base to go back to try to add things to.

well that is just my 2 cents. I am absolutely addicted to hulu on xbox! its my favorite plug-in for me by far. Peace.