Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=42041)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

- duhaas - 2009-01-05

i tried using the script you used and it still complains about index out of range

[LINUX] Hulu video plugin not working under Ubuntu 8.10 - d0u6 - 2009-01-05

you can navigate through all the listings and select a show but when you click to play a dialog pops up stating its loading filename then below says its terminating

im using build 16188 on ubuntu 8.10

log from attempting to view a show,
http://pastebin.com/m7c58874e

- d0u6 - 2009-01-05

just tried the veohproxy script and everytime i run it and try to load a video xbmc crashes

- CptKen - 2009-01-05

NO need for veohproxy with Hulu...

- jrronimo - 2009-01-05

funkt4life Wrote:HI.

I am new to this thread. Been using xbmc for about 2 months now. No problems.

Just started using the hulu plugin and everytime i click the video it just says terminating
can someone help me out?

Are you using the Windows install from the XBMC front-page? If so, you need to use a newer version than that -- I was having this same problem.

Try getting something newer here. I haven't done this myself yet, so I don't have any further directions.

- doughmayne - 2009-01-05

Hi everyone,

brand new to this whole xbox modding thing in general (way to strike while the iron is hot eh?)

i am using this version of this plugin:

crichton Wrote:Sorry about that. It's fixed now.

Download

i have it all installed, it comes up properly, i can see the show listings, even the little logos pop up next to each one, but when i select any one of the 0.0 KB links, nothing happens. after a few tries i tells me it is aborted, "too many consecutive failed attempts".

i am running the latest version of xbmc, i have tried it with and without veohproxy, and run into the same exact roadblock each time.

the only other problem i can think of, and that i have seen alluded to earlier in this thread, is that i am in canada. would this really be the problem? if so, is there any way around it?

any help is hugely appreciated, thanks so much in advance. and again, extreme n00b here so please take it easy on me.

thx again!

--steve

i should also note that not a single other streaming video plugin has worked for me, they have all resulted the same as above. i have however played vids off my hard drive and home network.

- tslayer - 2009-01-05

You may have DNS issues then. Make sure your network settings are correct.

dns settings seem to match up ok. i can play parts of the onion vids with the onion plugin so i don't think that dns settings would be the problem...?

i just checked on the hulu website and it says it only broadcasts to the US (i cn't even watch vids there online), so i am going to assume that my location is the problem, since everything except the actual streams (the menus, show listings, images) seem to work fine.

i guess now the question becomes: are there any video streaming sites such as hulu with xbmc plugins that are available in canada?

again, thanks and pardon my noobness.

- tslayer - 2009-01-05

I would have thought that you were in the US. We already went through this discussion in this thread about people outside the US.

Sorry...

- rwparris2 - 2009-01-05

doughmayne Wrote:i guess now the question becomes: are there any video streaming sites such as hulu with xbmc plugins that are available in canada?

Search for free media TV by Voinage. I haven't used it in a while but I assume it is still working (though maybe only on xbox)

hrrmMM ok this is interesting, i grabbed Voinage's free media tv plugin and installed it and am now having the same exact problem as with hulu. the show lists come up, the thumbnails and cover art do too... but then when you select the actual file, nothing happens. a few of them (simpsons) seem to try to open, but then just sits on the screen. after a few tries i get the same "too many consecutive failed items" notice.

- philipacentaur - 2009-01-06

Hey rwparris2, your version of the Hulu script is awesome, but I've been getting a lot of "no buffer space available" errors when trying to get some category listings. I turned off all episode synopses and show descriptions and it still happens. It doesn't seem to happen in categories with fewer entries.

I'm running this on the current T3CH SVN release.

Also, the update that put the (sXX | eXX) in front of episodes doesn't seem to work very consistently.

Anyway, very nice work. I look forward to further improvements and features.

Thanks!

- rayodin88 - 2009-01-06

not sure if this will help you at all doughmayne but you should try clearing your Z: X: Y: i know i had a problem similar to your took voinage a few guesses and then he ran into the same thing i was getting turned out to be uncleared caches there holding things up. haven't had the problem since. hope this help ya....

- doughmayne - 2009-01-06

the hard drives on my xbox.. i have C: E: and Q: listed (just the standard xbox, i have done no physical modding at all). the only "cache" folder i can find is in E:, and it only contains two files, each 0.5 KB in size.

is this what you're talking about or am i just completely off base here..?

please pardon my idiocy...!