Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=42041)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

- netmatt - 2009-01-18

hrcolb0 Wrote:netmatt,

go to programs
then search for /apps/xbmc/xbmc

run that app (it will look like your dashboard restarts, but it is just xbmc running on xbmc) and then try to see if the hulu plugin works. Look up my previous posts on what to do if the hulu plugin works with this process.

Edit: Strike That! I get what you meant. For me it was in the T3CH-12-30 folder. Went there through File manager, and clicked to launch the new dash. Yep! It has not installed. Just a copy on there. When I ran it and installed the Hulu mentioned above, it seems to work! Woohoo! I did not watch the whole thing, but let it get further than I have yet with NO hiccups. Thanks hrcolb0!

Maybe rwparris works as well, once I get this installed.

Now the othe question. Since that other XBMC is there on the Xbox in another directory, can I just rename the old, and "move" the other directory right on the Xbox? I dont see the option via FTP, but maybe there is another way?

Edit: Well I treid that using file manager, and much quicker but it got to the end and finished with "At least one file failed to copy. Operation aborted" ;-) Well it seemed to work anyway, and I am up and running Hulu as far as I can tell. I assume maybe the file manager files couldn't copy, since I was using them. I need to test that out now.

Edit (again): Found a thread on this, after started having an issue. Switched to unleashX and used it to copy everything over. Worked like a charm. Up and running, and watched episodes 2-4 tonight, no probs!

Thanks again!

- netmatt - 2009-01-18

danimal2009 Wrote:Tried downloading from Mediafire, it just hangs on "Processing file request". Anyone else willing to post this?

Whatcha need, just a Hulu plugin? How about crichtons? I can post that to my Dropbox for ya. Let me know...

You'll need the latest 12-30 build of T3CH, but then it works like a charm, see above. I am just here now to "pay it forward"

- hrcolb0 - 2009-01-18

I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but...

how easily portable do would you expect your code to be to the site fancast.com. It's run by comcast (major us cable provider) which means its not limited to nbc universal and fox subsidiaries. Mainly it adds abc and cbs to the same content hulu is putting up. I have checked out the code, but am a total python n00b.

Also, rwparris2, how far along are you on getting the my queue function loaded? i was going to start giving it a whirl tomorrow to learn python, but if you're close, I can wait.

Great and very awesome work! It might actually convince my wife to get rid of one part of our triple play from comcast.

- timdog82001 - 2009-01-18

wow, cool site, i've never heard of that. What would be really cool (but probably very difficult and completely unreasonable) is if content from both fancast and hulu could be combined into one list, weeding out the duplicate episodes/movies. One can always hope..

Feature request: closed captioning - semifamous - 2009-01-18

Many of the videos on Hulu have closed captioning available. Since I know people who are deaf, it would be awesome to be able to enable the captioning in a config file somewhere. I would just turn it on, and leave it on for everything that had that option.

I don't expect there's much demand, but if it's not too hard to put into a future version, that would be much appreciated.

- timdog82001 - 2009-01-18

semifamous Wrote:Many of the videos on Hulu have closed captioning available. Since I know people who are deaf, it would be awesome to be able to enable the captioning in a config file somewhere. I would just turn it on, and leave it on for everything that had that option.

I don't expect there's much demand, but if it's not too hard to put into a future version, that would be much appreciated.

I think they're working on that.

On an unrelated note, I just noticed that Saturday Night Live doesn't work, though every other show i've tried works perfectly. Selecting brings up the Loading directory dialog, 0 items show as loaded, and then it closes and just returns to the tv show list without going into the snl directory. No errors show up in the python log.

This is on the xbox, and I'm located in the US. Using a compilation from the 19th of december.

- agon123 - 2009-01-19

Hello,
I downloaded this version as it seems to be the most recent Hulu plugin. However, I haven't been able to get it to start. When I initialize it, a small screen pops titled "Loading Directory" and says "Retrieved 0 Items" and then immediately disappears, and the plug in doesn't start up.

Here's what I did: I downloaded the file (dated 1/12/09) and then transferred it to a Hulu sub-folder i created in the plugins/video. I then execute the file from the Video Plugins list. I have the 12-30-08 XBMC build, and the Apple Plugin works, so I'm not sure what is wrong with my settings.
Is there a way to see where the error is occuring in the program, as I'm pretty much ignorant in all programming things? thanks.

- CletusTheDwarf - 2009-01-19

First off, thanks so much to everyone who helped get this going, I'm loving it!

I am having one main problem however. It seems when I'm browsing the tv shows, and I try to load a category that has lots of selections (such as Comedy or Action and Adventure) I get the "Loading Directory" box and it counts up how many items retrieved, but it counts up to about 80 or so and then dumps be back to the categories. Is there some issue with a max number of items that can be loaded at once?

- hrcolb0 - 2009-01-19

check out my previous posts

- sion28 - 2009-01-19

ksufinger Wrote:I have quite the opposite experience on my xbox. 700 streams decode fine, but I'm constantly dropping frames on h.264 streams. My cpu utilization is around 60% for 700 and 100% for h.264

Well, after everyone saying that the 700 stream worked fine, I figured I'd better check it out again. It works! I guess the first couple streams I tried had other problems, but when I first installed the Hulu plugins, the first few 700 streams I tried failed - they didn't even play at all. But any 700 stream I choose now seems to work fine.

Sorry for that confusion.

As for the h264 streams, they still play at high-speed (video) with normal speed audio.

- tested2 - 2009-01-19

On windows with svn 1693 I also have the problem with h264 were the video is playing faster than the audio (video is playing at hyperspeed). It would seem its playing the video at the rate its being transcoded.

- netmatt - 2009-01-19

CletusTheDwarf Wrote:First off, thanks so much to everyone who helped get this going, I'm loving it!

I am having one main problem however. It seems when I'm browsing the tv shows, and I try to load a category that has lots of selections (such as Comedy or Action and Adventure) I get the "Loading Directory" box and it counts up how many items retrieved, but it counts up to about 80 or so and then dumps be back to the categories. Is there some issue with a max number of items that can be loaded at once?

Had the exact problem. Needed the 12-30 build of T3CH, and then it went away. As hrcolb0 said, check his posts. Maybe agon123 needs to check the same. Also, to make sure you are "running" the latest t3ch build, the bootup picture is not the red T3CH logo (like in the Nov Build), but a black XBMC logo. (that is the only way I've figured to know that I am running the newer...never found a way to see what build I was running)

Quote: On windows with svn 1693 I also have the problem with h264 were the video is playing faster than the audio (video is playing at hyperspeed). It would seem its playing the video at the rate its being transcoded.

I've got the same problem...though "High" is fine for my old TV

- ksufinger - 2009-01-19

sion28 Wrote:Well, after everyone saying that the 700 stream worked fine, I figured I'd better check it out again. It works! I guess the first couple streams I tried had other problems, but when I first installed the Hulu plugins, the first few 700 streams I tried failed - they didn't even play at all. But any 700 stream I choose now seems to work fine.

Sorry for that confusion.

As for the h264 streams, they still play at high-speed (video) with normal speed audio.

Yeah, I went back and checked a few more h264 streams, and some of them appear to be playing at high speed with normal audio. Still dropping a bunch of frames though.

- CletusTheDwarf - 2009-01-20

netmatt Wrote:Had the exact problem. Needed the 12-30 build of T3CH, and then it went away. As hrcolb0 said, check his posts. Maybe agon123 needs to check the same. Also, to make sure you are "running" the latest t3ch build, the bootup picture is not the red T3CH logo (like in the Nov Build), but a black XBMC logo. (that is the only way I've figured to know that I am running the newer...never found a way to see what build I was running)

I've got the same problem...though "High" is fine for my old TV

I am running the latest t3ch build. I also tried the 12-07 t3ch build as well as the 2009-01-06 Atlantis build and they all behave the same way with not going into the larger categories. Any other ideas to try?

Also, I am getting the issue of H264 version sounding right, but the video is playing way too fast. Anyone have luck fixing this?

- kizer - 2009-01-20

H264 is a known Issue with XBMC not the Hulu script. From what I read several times its a known bug they are tracking.