Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=42041)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

- tslayer - 2009-02-05

Upgrade XBMC. Your version is too old. Pretty sure this has been mentioned before.

- ptaylor - 2009-02-05

rwparris2 Wrote:Hey, thanks, I'll look at this later tonight. Whether I use it or not, I'll post a fix by the morning.

If nothing else, this has been a good introduction to Python for me. Powerful language!

- hrcolb0 - 2009-02-05

Subscriptions have been added (sorta).

The whole plugin is available at

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-hulu-subscription/downloads/list

It reads in your show subscriptions from your subscriptions rss feed. You must enter your login name in the plugin settings (accessed from the contextual menu when you highlight the plugin).

Man, many thanks to rwparris, and all those who helped create the hulu plugin.

- FullMetalMonkey - 2009-02-05

hrcolb0 Wrote:Subscriptions have been added (sorta).

The whole plugin is available at

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-hulu-subscription/downloads/list

It reads in your show subscriptions from your subscriptions rss feed. You must enter your login name in the plugin settings (accessed from the contextual menu when you highlight the plugin).

Man, many thanks to rwparris, and all those who helped create the hulu plugin.

Hello mate, i just downloaded your plugin from the last link provided. I take it Hulu is like an american version of the BBC iPlayer but i noticed you said you need to login...Does that mean this plugin is for American users only?

It has probably been stated before but im new to XMBC and not going to read through 45 pages of thread.

- hrcolb0 - 2009-02-05

there are some ways around it with proxies. you can perform a search in this thread.

- hrcolb0 - 2009-02-05

It is also similar to the BBc iplayer, i think, except that it is for nbc/universal programs and fox programs over on this side of the pond.

Well ive signed up to Hulu (had to perform a quick google search for an american zip code) and ive now entered my username and passwork into XBMC but the plugin wont open now.

Ive most likely entered something wrong.

Going to give your suggestion about searching for proxies a quick glance.

EDIT: Nevermind i think i found what you was on about and it seems that the geoproxy is what caused the crash. Wink

- rwparris2 - 2009-02-05

rwparris2 Wrote:Hey, thanks, I'll look at this later tonight. Whether I use it or not, I'll post a fix by the morning.

ok just kidding maybe later this weekend or something.
* rwparris2 passes out

- timdog82001 - 2009-02-05

FullMetalMonkey Wrote:Well ive signed up to Hulu (had to perform a quick google search for an american zip code) and ive now entered my username and passwork into XBMC but the plugin wont open now.

Ive most likely entered something wrong.

Going to give your suggestion about searching for proxies a quick glance.

EDIT: Nevermind i think i found what you was on about and it seems that the geoproxy is what caused the crash. Wink

does this mean it works for you now? It's always made the plugin not work for me but i just assumed rwparris hadn't gotten around to finishing off that aspect. I'm in the us so proxy shouldn't be my issue..

- afail - 2009-02-05

Great plugin

just want to add that ALF and Picket Fences under TV don't load

timdog82001 Wrote:does this mean it works for you now? It's always made the plugin not work for me but i just assumed rwparris hadn't gotten around to finishing off that aspect. I'm in the us so proxy shouldn't be my issue..

Well i got the Hulu website working and streaming videos but when i enter my Username and Password into the Plugin it stops it from opening to the submenus. But without it you can view the items but not watch them so its a catch 22.

He'll probably fix it though. But what an awesome plugin when it does. Also i seem to have broken my proxy settings. Sad Was trying to get around the damn slow buffer rate.

New Hulu User - webmaven - 2009-02-05

This might be a double post I was not sure if I click the correct button sorry.

I just found this program and read all the posts!!!! This is a great plugin!!!!

I have a couple of questions. I might be able to help since I just install the Xbox and this plugin.

First off I noticed that the installer for upgrading the XBMC within XBMC does not work. I would suggest to anyone to install the newest version of XBMC (for Xbox) manually.

I downloaded the HULU v2 (I think there are so many versions) this one worked for viewing content. I did notice some genres did not work. Like "Action and Adventure" I clicked into the section it downloaded the data but did not leave the main menu.

I noticed that in one post you can restrict to view just FLV 700, FLV 480 or h.264 which I have not tried yet but I do find an extra step as when I select FLV 700 (Which works great) that I then have to click the video file (which has a "?" on the file. Once I select FLV 700 it should just start the video. If I switch my settings to just show FLV 700 then when I select a show or movie it should just start the show or movie. It is possible that I have an old version.

I saw some comments about entering a User name and Password for Hulu. Would this give me access to my Queue? I would much rather setup a Queue in Hulu on the web and just see my Queue in the Menu list. I must say the navigation is great but it's inefficient when you have to look through 100's of titles. I have Netflix on the Xbox 360 and they use your membership Queue which works well.

I am not clear on what the "SVN Repo Installer" is and how I would use it on the Xbox? If someone could answer what this program is used for and does it get installed on the Xbox and how I would do that this would be helpful. (I am new to this and the OS).

Thank you
Ray

Thx - yabel - 2009-02-05

I want to thank all that created and helped to create this plugin. I just found out about Hulu and thought thats a perfect fit for my XB. Once I updated to newest ver on T3ch 1-25, did the Program plugin/XBMC and SVN installers. I installed Hulu and a few other channels ( most others didnt work for me ) and Hulu worked fine. Thx to all and keep up the good work. Now all I need is Netflix to work on here and I will be set. Bye Bye Cable Tv

- michaelsalvia - 2009-02-05

I want to say I think that this plug-in is great, very happy with the playback quality, and ease of installation. I think I have an older version at the moment because I don't have the user name and password options, etc.

One thing I do want to point out. Were the commercials intentionally removed? Or was it something to do with the RMTP protocol, and the inability to switch streams?

I have been a firm believe in Hulu ever since I discovered it via Veoh. One thing that I really like is that you get access to all these great shows but you technically give back by viewing the commercials. Is there away to view the commercials and make sure to give back to this service. Granted if there is a technology constraint that is understandable, I am just kinda curious.

- kayakertim - 2009-02-05

For those receiving the "Too Many failed connection attempts" when attempting to run the Hulu script I just want to add my experience. Like many people I was able to drill down the Hulu lists but the individual files would not play with the above error message. It appears as per rwparris2 experience that the internal upgrader does not upgrade Xbmc correctly for Hulu to work. I got the latest xbmc software from 1/25/09 and instead copied it over to the XBox via Ftp (overwriting all files). On reboot Hulu worked properly. Thanks rwparris2 for all your help.