Kodi Community Forum
Preparing all my 'media' for Aeon? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Preparing all my 'media' for Aeon? (/showthread.php?tid=42974)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

- natethomas - 2009-03-11

I don't understand the point of the '-big.png' extension. Are we suddenly going to be working with more than simply folder.jpg, <moviename>-fanart.jpg, and <moviename>.tbn?

I had really hoped I was done adding more files to me folders.

- jmarshall - 2009-03-11

On release, Aeon Stark will work just fine with the thumbs you already have.

It seems to (in addition) have some weird filename alteration for a "higher quality" thumb for the info views happening, which will only work for some file types and only in some situations. Stacks, or rars, or zips won't work for instance.

Up to you whether you bother with this. It's certainly not going to become an XBMC standard.

Cheers,
Jonathan

- Hitcher - 2009-03-11

Don't worry, they're only used when accessing the movie info screen (below) which, as you can see, are the full height of the display.

The reason AEON doesn't use your movie.tbn is because you can't actually point to them, only the cached (and downsized) thumb can be used.
If there was a way to point straight to the movie.tbn instead then extra images wouldn't be needed. I think Duncan was going to ask JM about the posibilty of this.

- TheBurner - 2009-03-11

Ok so if the majority of my movies is in rar format the info page wont work with the -BIG.png? Is there anyway to fix this because it looks awesome but Im not going to unrar everything

- jayhawk785 - 2009-03-11

Why would you keep everything rar'd?

This is only for the preview, (hit 'i' on the movie name) - the -big is used in the view hitcher posted above. It scrapes the name and delivers the info. It will just show a blank grey left side saying you need a -big png in there if you want to see the poster. I haven't set mine up yet, as I have a good 400+ films to do it for Sad I did it on a couple to test, it is quite pretty.

- TheBurner - 2009-03-11

Jay i think you will find a good percentage of people with rar'd films. Hopefully by the time its released that will be fixed

- smcnally75 - 2009-03-11

TheBurner Wrote:Jay i think you will find a good percentage of people with rar'd films. Hopefully by the time its released that will be fixed

I've noticed this, but what is the purpose?

- TheBurner - 2009-03-11

heh well guess i just love the look of it and sfv checking

- Hitcher - 2009-03-11

TheBurner Wrote:heh well guess i just love the look of it and sfv checking

But once you've downloaded and checked it why not just extract it and save space?

- djh_ - 2009-03-12

If you don't have the optional high-def thumbnail then it'll just use the cached version instead, so there's no danger of the info screen "not working" if you don't have the right files. Obviously, though, an upscale from a cached resolution (512px default) to full screen height can look like the devil's arsehole, especially in 1080p.

- Cranial - 2009-03-12

djh_ Wrote:If you don't have the optional high-def thumbnail then it'll just use the cached version instead, so there's no danger of the info screen "not working" if you don't have the right files. Obviously, though, an upscale from a cached resolution (512px default) to full screen height can look like the devil's arsehole, especially in 1080p.

The Devil's arsehole looks like a badly upscaled movie poster? Odd.

- TheBurner - 2009-03-12

Djh thats good about using the cached but will it work from rar'd items? Before it was stated the info page wouldnt work if it was a rar'd movie with the -BIG.png

- Ayala - 2009-03-12

why is my arsehole now a topic of conversations, lmao, these threads really are getting outta hand. j/k

- timdog82001 - 2009-03-12

theDeviL Wrote:why is my arsehole now a topic of conversations, lmao, these threads really are getting outta hand. j/k

lol i was thinking the same thing, i almost commented about it

- Louike - 2009-03-16

For everyone that uses the Media Companion (perhaps also in XBMC itself): the TMDB scraper has thumbs with a default vertial size of 750 pixels. simply re-scraping all your movies wil get better thumbs already. (i had 15 and 90kb thumbs now they are 150 to 350kb).

edit: lots of posters come at 1000x1500 too, mediastream doesnt seem to bother resizing them.