Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=43115)

- analogue - 2009-11-11

Jezz_X Wrote:I got a little bored today and made a version of the logo using the XBMC x instead of the default danube font one. Feel free to use it or ignore it your choice

<images removed>

Nice! Much appreciated :-) I tried my hand at trying to do the x in gimp when I originally did the logo and failed miserably. If you get anymore bouts of boredom, feel free de-uglify the ui.

- Jezz_X - 2009-11-12

analogue Wrote:Nice! Much appreciated :-) I tried my hand at trying to do the x in gimp when I originally did the logo and failed miserably. If you get anymore bouts of boredom, feel free de-uglify the ui.

I can't even run it Smile (don't have a mythbox) I just saw the screenshots in the first page and decided I wanted to do somthing about that so went looking at the svn for the image Laugh

AppleTV - how to mount shares? - slowbart - 2009-11-12

Hi,

Very nice script!

I installed on AppleTV. I could watch live TV until I upgraded to MythTV 0.22 - now I can't watch live TV or recordings. But the guide works OK.

I think the issue is that I haven't set the recording dir properly - how do I specify my remote recording dir in the settinngs?

e.g. XBMC sees my shares as "smb://server/share/blah" and named "videos" - how do I tell MythBox what the local mounted dir is for that?

I tried playing with "mount -t cifs .." but apparently ATV can't mount cifs shares like a real MAC :-(

What am I missing?

- Ayala - 2009-11-12

can someone youtube this so i can see how it flows?

- analogue - 2009-11-13

Den4t Wrote:Hi !

Have the same problem with mysql connectivity as fiveisalive at FC11.

Tracking: http://code.google.com/p/mythbox/issues/detail?id=72

- analogue - 2009-11-13

slowbart Wrote:Hi,

Very nice script!

I installed on AppleTV. I could watch live TV until I upgraded to MythTV 0.22 - now I can't watch live TV or recordings. But the guide works OK.

I think the issue is that I haven't set the recording dir properly - how do I specify my remote recording dir in the settinngs?

e.g. XBMC sees my shares as "smb://server/share/blah" and named "videos" - how do I tell MythBox what the local mounted dir is for that?

I tried playing with "mount -t cifs .." but apparently ATV can't mount cifs shares like a real MAC :-(

What am I missing?

Your remote recordings/livetv directories have to be mounted and available to the local filesystem. No smb:// support. A quick google search for mounting smb shares on ATV should get you going.

Mythbox on windows - Halogen55 - 2009-11-15

Hi there,
Im running mythbuntu backend with mythbox on windows 7.
Im having issues with constant crashing whenever i've been in Live TV and exit out of mythbox the script it will give me a xbmc.xbe fatal error from visual C++ i think. Anyone encountered this? Could it be a windows 7 issue are we likely to see an upgrade soon?

cheers

- slowbart - 2009-11-16

analogue Wrote:Your remote recordings/livetv directories have to be mounted and available to the local filesystem. No smb:// support. A quick google search for mounting smb shares on ATV should get you going.

Hmm... OK, Tried Sharity Lite but getting permission problems. I'll look into that a bit more one evening this week.

The smb:// version would be nice... is that possible in the future?

Thanks for the pointer!

- janne_nl - 2009-11-17

Using XBMC for some time now together with Mythtv, works ok. Saw the Mythbox script a gew days ago and started to play. However, still have a problem with the setup. I als get the handshake error. I tried the suggested solutions (created a new user, changed the password and activated the 4.1 button via phpmyadmin), but still get the error. I even manually in mysql updated the password (with PASSWORD() iso OLD_PASSWORD()).

I use Fedora10 and the Mythtv that comes with it (0.21). Same for the mysql version (5.0.84). Any hints where to look for a solution?

Edit: I think (have to test it tonight) the problem is solved. I noticed in my 'my.cnf' the setting old_password=1. It seems this setting more or less disables the 4.1 hashing. So 'select PASSWORD('myth');' and 'select OLD_PASSWORD('myth');' resulted in the same hasespassword hash. With the setting removed from my.cnf, I get 2 different password hashes.

- fiveisalive - 2009-11-18

So the

Code:
Connect to MySQL failed: 1156 (08S01): Got packets out of order

error appears to result from the mysql-connector-python module, which is a copy of upstream's code.

mysql-connector-python upstream is now aware of the problem (I added the code.google.com bug report to upstream's launchpad bug ticket), appears to have diagnosed it, and is hopefully working on a fix. You can track it here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/myconnpy/+bug/380528

- abusharif - 2009-11-20

is it completely positive that vdpau is being used when myth is launched via mythbox? I see quite hefty cpu usage on my ion330.
If i just launch it via mythfrontend cpu is low.

- abusharif - 2009-11-20

Ok vdpau is definetly not used and is now broken for my HD material as well.

I have theory why...

-I am running 9.11 alpha2
-Alpha2 needs nvidia 190 drivers
-However Myth requires 185 drivers (!!!!)
-Which means that playback via XBMC and use of vdpau is broken, since xbmc can't utilize it with 185 drivers.

Is my assumption correct?

Any idea of an workarround for this?

- abusharif - 2009-11-20

To answer myself, idd vdpau was broken.

However installing mythtv via http://www.avenard.org/media/Ubuntu_Repository/Ubuntu_Repository.html repository allowed new mythtv packages together with nvidia 190 vdpau drivers.

Now both normal hd movies and dvb-c runs with vdpau and work just fine

- abusharif - 2009-11-21

Another issue discovered. (i searched this thread and didnt find info about it).

Setup:
Asrock N330
Xbmc 9.11 alpha2
Nvidia drivers v190
Mythtv 0.22
Mythbox latest build.

Playback of live tv works, however it suddenly stops aproximately every 25-30 minutes. It just exits back to Mythbox channel view.
It seems it has something to do with the new recording files being created by mythtv (in recordings folder), so as soon it "rotates" to the new mpg recording file, mythbox stops the playback and exits to menu.

Anyone else with these issues?

ps. Tested playback on same unit with mythfrontend and issues dissapear and you can watch live tv for hours.

- Novin - 2009-11-21

abusharif Wrote:Playback of live tv works, however it suddenly stops aproximately every 25-30 minutes. It just exits back to Mythbox channel view.
It seems it has something to do with the new recording files being created by mythtv (in recordings folder), so as soon it "rotates" to the new mpg recording file, mythbox stops the playback and exits to menu.

Hmm, rotates? I have never seen my mythbackend create more than one file. If I watch a 2 hour movie I have one big recording.