Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=43115)

- colbert - 2011-05-19

This add-on is so excellent and works great, love the recent addition of sorting by episode title in Watch Recordings.

Is there any possibility to allow integration within XBMC's Now Playing? Providing the option to Queue recordings so one can exit Mythbox and go about elsewhere in XBMC?

- Invincer - 2011-05-19

Anyone have a link or know of a site where i could download and try the mythtv 0.23.1 for use with XBMC on Windows? I am looking for a precompiled download, I tried all the instructions for building it myself but the terminal window just hangs. Any help appreciated, thanks

- shadow - 2011-05-19

Is there any reason LiveTV doesn't work under MythTv 0.23.1 with this?

I can set recordings then watch them. (Unrelated question but is it possible to set a arbitrarily timed recording without proper guide info I have missed shows because I couldn't watch live or record)
But if I try to watch live TV it doesn't start playing the screen says working but never shows the video and I have to kill the xbmc-live service to do anything else. Although it is tuned to the channel and caching the video because I can use sshfs on another machine and open the mpg file to watch the live tv.

I have no prior experience with MythTV

MythTV is from XBMC Live's repo 0.23
XBMC is compiled from dev source
Mythbox says version 1.0.3

- Robgue - 2011-05-20

I'm using that version of mythtv as a back end and it works. I think right now .24 is not supported but that .23.1 is for live tv.

Is it working fine from the mythtv frontend?

- shadow - 2011-05-23

I am unable to run it on the same machine as the backend since it is not setup that way and I have other problems that make that not run on my laptop since I setup the configuration but it will not connect at all and no amount of deleting the .mythtv directory gets rid of the configuration file.

- gregms - 2011-05-24

shadow Wrote:I am unable to run it on the same machine as the backend since it is not setup that way

Not setup what way?
I just use the IP address of my backend mythbox on my backend system for XBMC and it works fine. I'm using Mythbuntu for my backend.

- gregms - 2011-05-24

Invincer Wrote:Anyone have a link or know of a site where i could download and try the mythtv 0.23.1

I'm a little confused, are you looking for MythTV 0.23.1 for Windows? I've never had very good luck with any versions of MythTV for windows (frontend or backend). If that's what your looking for, you might try posting to the MythTV listserv ([email protected]). You can usually find good help there from a wide range of users.

-GregMS

- Robgue - 2011-05-24

It'd be probably easier to download mythbuntu 10.04 (this uses .23.1) then to run it from windows.
What kind of capture card are you using? I'm using an hdhomerun and highly recommend it as long as you understand it's limitations.

shadow,
I'm not really following you. Do you have mythfrontend working? You should make sure that works first before trying to connect to mythbox.

- shadow - 2011-05-24

My backend is on a XBMC Live system which has no controls other the ssh or a app for my Android phone. My only other system in the house is a Laptop running Ubuntu and every time I try running a frontend nothing shows up on the screen.

I just had a thought of ssh X11 forwarding which let me see the frontend but it would just go black when trying to watch live tv and watching a prerecorded show would crash the laptops X server.

- Robgue - 2011-05-24

How did you configure mythbackend since that needs an x window system?

- shadow - 2011-05-24

I configured it with ssh X forwarding

- stevellion - 2011-05-24

OK - If I were to "downgrade" my MythTV backend, currently running 24.1 - can anyone offer any method of doing this, or will I need to re-create everything and re-scan all the channels again?

Any update on when the next version of MythBox might support Streaming with 0.24? - LiveTV can wait, but MythBox is jumpy when playing pre-recorded HD content, while MythTV Frontend is more smooth.

- Juiceness - 2011-05-28

Does any one know how to launch this plugin from the home.xml configuration.

I've spent a couple hours googling and combing the forums but I just can't seem to get it, I tryed to rework my Weather Button into launching the mythbox plugin with something like:

<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,plugin://video/Mythbox)</onclick>

But I get no love.

- arad85 - 2011-05-28

Juiceness Wrote:Does any one know how to launch this plugin from the home.xml configuration.

I've spent a couple hours googling and combing the forums but I just can't seem to get it, I tryed to rework my Weather Button into launching the mythbox plugin with something like:

<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,plugin://video/Mythbox)</onclick>

But I get no love.
This works for my Hama remote control:

<key id="49">xbmc.runscript(special://home/addons/script.mythbox/default.py)</key>

- Juiceness - 2011-05-28

Ha turns out the skin neon lets you put custom favorites and scripts right on the home page from inside its own settings (and looks good too).

Now all I need is wait for XBMC 11 so it will work with my mythtv 0.24 backend -_-.