Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=43115)

- xternal - 2011-06-17

analogue Wrote:Not that I know of. I know you can set it as the default but I don't think thats what you want. I'm guessing you want it turned on automatically only for interlaced content, huh? Feel free to add it as a feature request to the issue tracker.

Does anyone know how i could bind enabling certain settings to the remote

e.g. hit the red button and it enables interlacing and sets zoom, video offset etc?

Play+Skip with early recording start - kartman_canada - 2011-06-18

analogue Wrote:yeah, logs would be useful. just open up a ticket on googlecode issue tracker

OK... Figured it out but I think I may have found a bug! I set 4 recordings with auto-commercial flagging. One starting and ending on time... one starting and ending 1min early and 1min late... one starting on-time ending 1min late... and, finally, one starting 1min early and ending on-time.

Looking at the recordings via MythWeb, all 4 show as flagged but, when browsed in MythBox v1.0.3, any recording set to start early comes up as 'none' for commercial breaks and 'play+skip' is greyed out.

I assume you'd like a ticket opened? Will do right away.

Can someone running a true front end test this? I have no true MythTV frontend available to confirm that the recording starting early have, in fact, been flagged correctly.

- protonchris - 2011-06-18

kartman_canada Wrote:Looking at the recordings via MythWeb, all 4 show as flagged but, when browsed in MythBox v1.0.3, any recording set to start early comes up as 'none' for commercial breaks and 'play+skip' is greyed out.
I am running into this issue as well. I set my recordings to start 5 minutes early. Mythweb tells me that the recordings have been flagged with commercial breaks. MythBox v1.0.4 shows none for commercial breaks and 'play+skip' is greyed out. However, when I watch the recordings mythbox does skip the commercials, which is great when commercials have been correctly found. For some recordings, the commercial skips are random and there is no way to play the recordings with the skipping disabled.

I am running:
Mythbox 1.0.4 (frontend)
Mythtv 0.23.1 (backend)

Thanks,
Chris.

- Cirip - 2011-06-18

Hi all!

A hvae an XBMC live running on a USB stick. I installed the Mythbox script.
But I am newbie what is the next step?
Of course I attached the usb tuner card.
Please help me about the install or the missing steps.

The best would be a howto step by step. Smile
Best regards!

- kartman_canada - 2011-06-18

protonchris Wrote:I am running into this issue as well. I set my recordings to start 5 minutes early. Mythweb tells me that the recordings have been flagged with commercial breaks. MythBox v1.0.4 shows none for commercial breaks and 'play+skip' is greyed out. However, when I watch the recordings mythbox does skip the commercials, which is great when commercials have been correctly found. For some recordings, the commercial skips are random and there is no way to play the recordings with the skipping disabled.

I am running:
Mythbox 1.0.4 (frontend)
Mythtv 0.23.1 (backend)

Thanks,
Chris.

I'm 0.24.1 on the backend and MythBox 1.0.3 on the front. I tried 1.0.4 too just recently but discovered the issue was the same. I would say that, if MythBox 1.0.4 is commercial skipping when you selected only 'play' and not 'play+skip', you've found a separate issue.

For precisely the reason you mentioned, I want to be able to select just play or play+skip. if the commercials are flagged wrong, I usually stop and restart the playback without skipping and just manually jump through.

I didn't mess with 1.0.4 enough to discover that 'play' would skip. My suggestion is that you consider going to the googlecode site and logging this as a separate issue.

Love this plugin... can't wait for 1.0.5...

- kartman_canada - 2011-06-18

Cirip Wrote:Hi all!

A hvae an XBMC live running on a USB stick. I installed the Mythbox script.
But I am newbie what is the next step?
Of course I attached the usb tuner card.
Please help me about the install or the missing steps.

The best would be a howto step by step. Smile
Best regards!

1st step from there is get a mythbackend running and interfacing normally with your tuner card. MythBox acts as a frontend to a MythTV backend. I don't believe MythBox will do you much good until you take this step.

- Cirip - 2011-06-18

kartman_canada Wrote:1st step from there is get a mythbackend running and interfacing normally with your tuner card. MythBox acts as a frontend to a MythTV backend. I don't believe MythBox will do you much good until you take this step.

Ok, that was the first step:

Code:
apt-get install mythtv-backend

the second:

Code:
mythtv-setup
(from SSH and from the XBMC too)

but there was the following error:

Code:
xprop: unable to open dsplay", gtk warning, etc...

- shadow - 2011-06-19

Is it possible to set a early start time in seconds not full minutes?

I want about 15 or 30 seconds to catch the start that sometimes gets cut a little but not a full minute since that regularly screws up recordings that are after each other since I lose the end of the first show.

- kartman_canada - 2011-06-20

shadow Wrote:Is it possible to set a early start time in seconds not full minutes?

I want about 15 or 30 seconds to catch the start that sometimes gets cut a little but not a full minute since that regularly screws up recordings that are after each other since I lose the end of the first show.

I too was wondering the same thing... I found a reference to the early start/late end values being integer in minutes (i.e. the answer is no). Maybe someone else knows better?

anyways, my solution was to accelerate my plan to add a 2nd tuner as this allows the backend to 'overlap' by using both tuners for a couple of minutes.

Sorry... this isn't likely what you wanted to hear.

- divingmule - 2011-06-20

Cirip Wrote:Ok, that was the first step:

Code:
apt-get install mythtv-backend

the second:

Code:
mythtv-setup
(from SSH and from the XBMC too)

but there was the following error:

Code:
xprop: unable to open dsplay", gtk warning, etc...

I ran into all sort of trouble trying to install just myth-backend, I suggest you do - sudo apt-get install mythtv

- shadow - 2011-06-20

I may end up doing that but it would suck to spend money on that. Plus it may not always help since when searching for the answer I read someone with the same problem (lost the link) that said two tuners work if the shows are on different channels but not if they are on the same channel since MythTV doesn't change tuners in that situation. (I don't know why but that is what I read)

In that situation I don't totally lose the end of the first show but it still sucks that I have to change recordings to see the end and is a nightmare to remember for random re-watching in the future.

Then again maybe that bug has been fixed already but I don't want to spend money to find out.

- SofaKng - 2011-06-23

Does commercial skipping work with 0.24 (fixes), MythBox 1.0.4, and XBMC 10.1?

MythBox is setup to use a network share (required for MythTV 0.24) but the commercial skips are considerably off. They are near the correct spot but they usually end up skipping too far.

Could this be because of my satellite provider's MPEG-TS format? I'm looking at this thread and it talks about XBMC not having support for variable framerate MPEG-TS files (for commercial skipping).

Also, does MythTV really need multiple tuners for handle overlapping recordings? (even if they are on the same channel!) This seems to be true and is unfortunate... Sad

- jobski - 2011-07-02

Hi guys,

I have a problem watching live tv with Mythbox, i'm running XBMC 10.1 and 0.24 MythTV. Whenever I try to watch live, it says "Watching Live TV is currently not supported with your configuration of MythTV 0.24 and XBMC 10.1. Should be working in XBMC 11.0+"

Although reading posts here, it should work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT:
I've reinstalled by compiling from source (from trunk) then I got an error when loading mythbox "No module named zlib" when initializing. I'm running Ubuntu Natty, any help please? Sad

- stevellion - 2011-07-13

Just FYI - Getting core dumps each time trying to run MythBox (latest hg from source) against XBMC (latest git from source)
xbmc.bin: /usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/recursive_mutex.hpp:67: void boost::recursive_mutex::lock(): Assertion `!pthread_mutex_lock(&m)' failed.
Ubuntu AMD64 natty.
Error occurs after Mythbox logo, but before anything else

- analogue - 2011-07-14

stevellion Wrote:Just FYI - Getting core dumps each time trying to run MythBox (latest hg from source) against XBMC (latest git from source)
xbmc.bin: /usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/recursive_mutex.hpp:67: void boost::recursive_mutex::lock(): Assertion `!pthread_mutex_lock(&m)' failed.
Ubuntu AMD64 natty.
Error occurs after Mythbox logo, but before anything else

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't tried running against trunk for a few weeks so it may be time to try again.