Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=43511)

- jondr13 - 2009-05-05

ashlar Wrote:You are looking for a configuration that allows you to do what you stated in post #448? Do I get that correctly?

EXACTLY and thanks for responding....hopefully you have some info for me.

Here is what I want to be able to do:

- when a movie (ISO file is selected), automatically mount that file to Virtual Clone Drive

- use TotalMedia Theatre 3 as my external player / use it for the default player where I dont have to continually go to the context menu to select "play using"

- when the movie is stopped or if I either press backspace or Esc, it reverts back to XMBC

Look forward to hearing back from you and if you have info for me to get this to work, please give me detailed info in laymans terms.

Thanks again

- nessus - 2009-05-05

Everything works fine with latest official Babylon Beta 1.

If i can make one suggestion to all people using this : Use KMPlayer.
Is working flawlessly with mkv movies and has a lot of configurations possibility's in any kind. Even to configure Wii Remote for remote controlling.

Thanks

- LaTropa64 - 2009-05-05

No GPU offloading with KMPlayer. There's nothing like using MPC-HC to play back a high bitrate 1080p movie and have less than 3% CPU usage.

- jondr13 - 2009-05-05

For me, I need to use TotalMedia Theatre because I have the ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3 soundcard. With this card and the TMT player, Im able to bistream every audio codec including all the HD ones.

But without the ability (or getting the fuction to work) to use TMT as my external player, Im dead in the water. So thats why Im requesting help with this

- ashlar - 2009-05-06

jondr13 Wrote:EXACTLY and thanks for responding....hopefully you have some info for me.

Here is what I want to be able to do:

- when a movie (ISO file is selected), automatically mount that file to Virtual Clone Drive

- use TotalMedia Theatre 3 as my external player / use it for the default player where I dont have to continually go to the context menu to select "play using"

- when the movie is stopped or if I either press backspace or Esc, it reverts back to XBMC
1) There is work going on in having different players for different extensions. It might be possible, at that point to launch ISOs with Virtual Clone Drive.
2) You could then have TMT set up as to autoplay on disc insertion (which would be what the system registers when Virtual Clone Drive mounts the image.
3) You could create a macro for this in EventGhost, that assigns AlLT-F4 to the Esc remote key (or key on the keyboard) when TMT is running.

Edit: I checked #6383 and... wow! Lots of work by moby-uk is happening. I guess many people will be pleasantly surprised by this. Also, sniff might be grumpy, but he's definitely an open minded person. Kudos!

- jondr13 - 2009-05-06

ashlar Wrote:1) There is work going on in having different players for different extensions. It might be possible, at that point to launch ISOs with Virtual Clone Drive.
2) You could then have TMT set up as to autoplay on disc insertion (which would be what the system registers when Virtual Clone Drive mounts the image.
3) You could create a macro for this in EventGhost, that assigns AlLT-F4 to the Esc remote key (or key on the keyboard) when TMT is running.

Edit: I checked #6383 and... wow! Lots of work by moby-uk is happening. I guess many people will be pleasantly surprised by this. Also, sniff might be grumpy, but he's definitely an open minded person. Kudos!

Im new to all this so just want to make sure Im understanding you correctly. So, there is nothing at the moment for what Im looking for but it is currently being developed?
If so, will there be instructions that a newbie can understand?

Thanks again

- ashlar - 2009-05-06

jondr13, you might want to read all this thread (I know, it's long), because people have experimented with the different options and there might be somebody who devised what you need.

On the other hand, yes, development is underway that could lead to a much more powerful "instructions set".

- jondr13 - 2009-05-06

ashlar Wrote:jondr13, you might want to read all this thread (I know, it's long), because people have experimented with the different options and there might be somebody who devised what you need.

On the other hand, yes, development is underway that could lead to a much more powerful "instructions set".

ashlar

Again, I appreciate the help. Yeah I was trying to avoid reading a huge thread trying to find a solution. I will skim through here though as you suggested.

I think the thing that is really causing the hang up for TMT not launching is XBMC isnt telling the file (or whatever) to mount to Virtual Clone Drive. I think if that was solved it might be the greatest hill to cross.

Any answers? - alex.reusch - 2009-05-06

Wizard1969 Wrote:Just wondering if anyone has successfully setup Arcsoft TMT as the externalplayer? If so would you mind sharing your setup info? Here is what I have in advancedsettings.xml in the userdata folder...

<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>1</loglevel>
<video>
<defaultplayer>externalplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
<externalplayer>
<filename>C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre\uDTStart.exe</filename>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</externalplayer>
</advancedsettings>

If I play a DVD (ripped to HDD) without selecting via context menu it still plays using the internal dvdplayer. If I context menu, I get the "play using..." option which brings up choices for dvdplayer (default) and externalplayer. If I chose externalplayer nothing happens. I'm running in windowed mode so I can see that TMT never gets fired up. Any help/input appreciated. Cheers.

I did not see any answers. I have exactly the same problem, no solution found yet. AnyoneHuh

- jondr13 - 2009-05-06

alex.reusch Wrote:I did not see any answers. I have exactly the same problem, no solution found yet. AnyoneHuh

I think what you and I are looking for, is something that will make XMBC to automount the file to Virtual Clone Drive (or Daemon Tools if your using that). I think that is the key because like you stated, even selecting "play using", nothing happens.

ANYONE....please advise

TS folder structure - alex.reusch - 2009-05-08

I don't use virtual clone drive. I have ripped my DVD's in the normal TS folder structure. I works perfect with the XBMC internal player and also works for TMT when I test it within Vista MediaCenter (using mymovies plug-in). So TMT can handle TS folders and files.

- jondr13 - 2009-05-09

alex.reusch Wrote:I don't use virtual clone drive. I have ripped my DVD's in the normal TS folder structure. I works perfect with the XBMC internal player and also works for TMT when I test it within Vista MediaCenter (using mymovies plug-in). So TMT can handle TS folders and files.

Thanks for the reply....but...."testing in VMC" doesnt help me one bit with XBMC.

XBMC crashes (hard) when launching default player by default - fuathurio - 2009-05-10

My apologies if this was mentioned before but I wanted to get it out there. I have my external player (WMP, for now) configured and it seems to work fine when I bring up the context menu and say play using External player (default). Obviously, I've configured WMP to be the default. However, when I simply select the file from the list of videos to allow it to launch in the external player without bringing up the context menu, xbmc locks up and I have to kill the application. Once, my system didn't even respond to ctrl-alt-delete to bring up the task manager.

If I can supply any other info, I'd be happy to.

- ashlar - 2009-05-10

fuathurio, you have to provide more info (logs, etc.). See the stickied posts in this forum.

- jondr13 - 2009-05-10

fuathurio Wrote:My apologies if this was mentioned before but I wanted to get it out there. I have my external player (WMP, for now) configured and it seems to work fine when I bring up the context menu and say play using External player (default). Obviously, I've configured WMP to be the default. However, when I simply select the file from the list of videos to allow it to launch in the external player without bringing up the context menu, xbmc locks up and I have to kill the application. Once, my system didn't even respond to ctrl-alt-delete to bring up the task manager.

If I can supply any other info, I'd be happy to.

fuathurio

Can you please tell me how you have your advancedsettings.xml and where you have it located?

Thanks