Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=43511)

- Ravazul - 2009-06-24

neurosis13 Wrote:try another player to norrow the problem down.

Same problem with mplayer and zoomplayer. No

Btw. i'm running windows7, could that be the problem?

Please post again - eelii - 2009-06-24

tiben20 Wrote:The settings tab is useless this is just a project i started and i turned it into the iso thing you wanted ill make it easier for you
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ce5b32c73c2e00ab75a4fc82078ae6c8edb5919158f5fe5ece018c8114394287
XbmcExternalPlayerController0.03.rar
the advanced settings have to be set this way
Code:
<externalplayer>
  <filename>C:\XbmcExternalPlayerController.exe</filename>
  <args></args>
  <forceontop>false</forceontop>
  <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
  <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
  <hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</externalplayer>
XbmcExternalPlayerController.exe is the external player.

If your launching it with an argument its launching the process instead of showing the settings window.
If your taking a look to your xbmc.log you should see executew32 c:\pathto\XbmcExternalPlayerController.exe "c:\pathto.iso"

Hi Tiben20. Could you please update the link to your program? I'm trying to download it, since likewise Jon, nothing else is working for me. Same case as his. TMT, and bat files are not working.

Seems the file is no longer hosted there. thank you very much for your work!

Best
Eli

- willcmuk - 2009-06-25

Ravazul Wrote:Hi Guys,

i use MPC as my external player. Everything works fine so far.

But i can only play one Video. After i close MPC an switch back to XBMC i cant get another video to play. Eek

Enter/Return/Select works for navigating trough xbmc but does not start another file.

I tried a few builds of xbmc including the some svn (atm XBMC-Rev21192).

My advancedsettings.xml

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>externalplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
<externalplayer>
<filename>C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic\mplayerc.exe</filename>
<args></args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</externalplayer>
</advancedsettings>

Changing forceontop etc. does not change anything. Sad
Its really frustrating to close and restart XBMC after every video Rofl

Please HELP!

I'm no expert at this but I'll try to help since mine works fine.

You have nothing in the <args> settings, does this mean at the minute at the end of a film you're manually closing mpc-hc?

I have mine set as: <args>/fullscreen /close</args> which auto closes it when the films stops, you could try that maybe and see how you go on, because I've noticed if I have mpc-hc already open before I use xbmc the films wont play, so presumably your mpc-hc is staying open once the film has finished and then when you revert back to xbmc it's not playing another film because it's already open?

- Ravazul - 2009-06-25

willcmuk Wrote:I'm no expert at this but I'll try to help since mine works fine.

You have nothing in the <args> settings, does this mean at the minute at the end of a film you're manually closing mpc-hc?

I have mine set as: <args>/fullscreen /close</args> which auto closes it when the films stops, you could try that maybe and see how you go on, because I've noticed if I have mpc-hc already open before I use xbmc the films wont play, so presumably your mpc-hc is staying open once the film has finished and then when you revert back to xbmc it's not playing another film because it's already open?

Hi,

thank you for your post. Unfortunately none of the <args> do any better. I tried /fullscreen /play /close. Same problem. Closing MPC manually with Alt+F4 or Alt+X wont help.
Since nobody else in this Forum seems to have this problem, i'm not sure if xbmc have to do with it. Huh

- Gamester17 - 2009-06-25

Any volunteers to help document this "External Player" feature in the XBMC wiki (the official XBMC Online Manual)? Huh
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Advancedsettings.xml

Please register an account with the same name as your forum account and send me a PM requesting ninja access Big Grin
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_Online_Manual

- tiben20 - 2009-06-25

Gamester17 Wrote:Any volunteers to help document this "External Player" feature in the XBMC wiki (the official XBMC Online Manual)? Huh
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Advancedsettings.xml

Please register an account with the same name as your forum account and send me a PM requesting ninja access Big Grin
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_Online_Manual

Its on the way gamester17 i wrote every information needed to write the documentation to to ashlar and he will write the manual for this.
ps:You might have to add a page for playercorefactory.xml

- moby-uk - 2009-06-25

I've just posted a build here which I'd greatly appreciate some testing of [I know there's probably something broken in libGoAhead (whatever that does) as it didn't compile cleanly for me but shouldn't affect the external player bits]

One of the things that's caused many, many problems is locking the GraphicsContext whilst the external-player is active; that's the main source of the focus issues and I've always hated that it does this. The reason for it is to stop XBMC chewing through significant amounts of CPU-time whilst some other process is trying to play video. I've tried something different in this build; basically preventing the main Render() function from doing anything whilst the external-player is running and XBMC doesn't have focus. It'd be good to get some feedback on how well this works.

@puddney - this should fix setting the watched flag

@Ravazul - this build worksforme playing several videos using MPC-HC on Windows7 (in a VirtualBox VM), though I didn't try to recreate your problem with an vanilla SVN build. If you still have a problem then a debug log may help

@Gamester17 - i'll hopefully have some time this w/e to write some documentation; there's some significant differences between the bits in Babylon and SVN however, and I'm inclined to document the later rather than the former

- moby-uk - 2009-06-25

tiben20 Wrote:Its on the way gamester17 i wrote every information needed to write the documentation to to ashlar and he will write the manual for this.
ps:You might have to add a page for playercorefactory.xml

Great.
@ashlar, let me know if you need a review or have any questions on the Babylon bits or the new playercorefactory stuff.

- ashlar - 2009-06-26

Hi moby-uk. I hope to find the time to properly format and clear up what tiben20 so kindly provided.

I'll try to write the Babylon part as well. But I'm sure I'll need some more info from you. For instance, where does the new playercorefactory.xml need to be located?

- tiben20 - 2009-06-26

moby-uk Wrote:Great.
@ashlar, let me know if you need a review or have any questions on the Babylon bits or the new playercorefactory stuff.
you can verify this its what i sended ashlar
Code:
Possible rule:
the first 6 rule are boolean value(true or false)
-internetstream
-audio
-video
-dvd
-dvdfile
-dvdimage

the 4 next rule are string and your allowed to use regular expression too match the current
playing file.
-filetypes
ex: <rule filetypes="..i" player="externalplayer" />    
**this rule would play every file which as the extension ending with "i"
"a.*" would play every file starting with a and so on

-protocols
this is related to zip rar stacked files url .......

-mimetypes
example:video/x-flv|video-flv|audio/aacp|application/sdp

-filename
the file name could be used like this filename=".*x264.*"
this will play every file containing x264

-player
the player name of the player

notes: you need to use the | for multiple value example: "avi|wmv"
you can also use filename="!(.*x264.*)" player="externalplayer" this is going to play every file with external player
exept the one with x264 in it
playercorefactory.xml is located in the system directory at the same place you have keymap.xml

- moby-uk - 2009-06-26

the playercorefactory in the system directory shouldn't be altered, you'll lose your changes on update; create a new one in the same place as advancedsettings.xml which will be merged with the system one.

- tiben20 - 2009-06-26

but for everything else i think thats pretty much it

- ashlar - 2009-06-26

Ok, I'll see what I can do to add the relevant entries to the Wiki. It's gonna take me some time because on the weekend I have family duties to attend to (my little daughter has to go on vacation Smile).

If I have other questions I'll write to you both with PMs. Cheers!

- puddney - 2009-06-26

moby-uk Wrote:@puddney - this should fix setting the watched flag

Ill try this out tonight, and let you know if everything is working ok!!

Cheers

Puddney

- ashlar - 2009-06-27

moby-uk Wrote:I've just posted a build here which I'd greatly appreciate some testing of [I know there's probably something broken in libGoAhead (whatever that does) as it didn't compile cleanly for me but shouldn't affect the external player bits]
I tried this, with debug activated the fps drawn went at intervals of a couple of seconds from around 60 to more than 500. The news ticker accelerated as well with the same rythm and even the bouncing square in video calibration.
Edit: ignore this... I get it even on latest SVN by ikons... it's something with vsync. I'm on my desktop PC, which I never use for XBMC.