Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=43511)

- moby-uk - 2009-08-02

der.supertusse Wrote:Sorry to bump this up, but does anyone have any idea with regards to passing the .rar to the external player?

Try my latest build here, I've done some work on rar/zip support so let me know if it works for you.

- moby-uk - 2009-08-02

tvont Wrote:Is this win32 only? Would be really cool if we can use this also in Linux / OSX builds

Yes, win32 only I'm afraid. I may look at Linux when this round of changes is done.

- moby-uk - 2009-08-02

calibra3 Wrote:Can any tell me If I can modify the playercorefactory.xml for do the MPC or another player that I select as DEFAULT PLAYER?? If I can do it, what line I have to add to playercorefactory.xml??

You need to add a rule to specify that your externalplayer should be used for all video (and/or audio), so something like

Code:
<rules action="prepend">
    <rule video="true" player="MPC-HC"/>
  </rules>

will use a player names "MPC-HC" for all video. See the wiki for more details on rules.

calibra3 Wrote:another dudes, is how can I shutdown teh MPC player when I watch a movie. because If I press ESC button, I do the MPC in a window.
are there any manual with the buttons to use the external players??

When the external player is active the buttons are whatever that player uses. I don't know what MPC's default exit button is but I've defined it to be X to match XBMC's stop (in MPC-HC look under View->Options, Player->Keys).

- calibra3 - 2009-08-02

moby-uk Wrote:You need to add a rule to specify that your externalplayer should be used for all video (and/or audio), so something like

Code:
<rules action="prepend">
    <rule video="true" player="MPC-HC"/>
  </rules>

will use a player names "MPC-HC" for all video. See the wiki for more details on rules.

When the external player is active the buttons are whatever that player uses. I don't know what MPC's default exit button is but I've defined it to be X to match XBMC's stop (in MPC-HC look under View->Options, Player->Keys).

thanks moby!!!! I have test it, and I run MPC as default player!!! thanks thanks thanks!!!

another little question.. what player do you prefer as a external player and don't giver problems with the xbmc?? Is for if you know any player best than mpc-hc.

I am very happy!!

- moby-uk - 2009-08-02

calibra3 Wrote:another little question.. what player do you prefer as a external player and don't giver problems with the xbmc?? Is for if you know any player best than mpc-hc.

I only use an external player for 720p H.264 mkvs, and for those I use MPC-HC.

- Livin - 2009-08-03

2 questions...

Is the first post updated/accurate?

Is the any work being done to pass commands from xbmc to external players -to make control seamless?

- cmbx - 2009-08-04

gasjack Wrote:Hi there.

I have a problem when using MPC.....If I play a file in a directory that contains multiple files, and then close MPC at some point, it will immediately pop up again playing the next file in the directory.

Using Windows 9.04 repack 2 build. And MPC HC edition.

I'm using the same version of both.
If I play a file from a dir of multi videos, it plays all videos in that dir with MPCHC after each other, which is fine!
But if I close mpc because I no longer wish to watch, it will automatically load the next video in that dir!

Is there a way to allow all videos in a folder to play continually with mpc, but when mpc is exited, xbmc knows that it has been manually closed, and does not load up the next file?

Also can the taskbar icons of both xbmc and mpc be hidden at all times?

- der.supertusse - 2009-08-04

moby-uk Wrote:Try my latest build here, I've done some work on rar/zip support so let me know if it works for you.

Hello! Been busy with RL (got married this weekend) so I forgot about this for a while. Downloading your build now, hoping to be able to give it a whirl tonight to test.

Thanks!

- moby-uk - 2009-08-04

Livin Wrote:Is the first post updated/accurate?
No

Livin Wrote:Is the any work being done to pass commands from xbmc to external players -to make control seamless?
Not by me, tiben20 has done some work in this area.

- moby-uk - 2009-08-04

cmbx Wrote:Is there a way to allow all videos in a folder to play continually with mpc, but when mpc is exited, xbmc knows that it has been manually closed, and does not load up the next file?

In a word, no, in general there's no way for XBMC to know whether playback finished before the externalplayer exited or whether you stopped it early.

- astromo - 2009-08-05

I use Moby's build with a great success to run TMT on the XBMC. Thank you.

However, when selecting "Music" on the homescreen in any skin, XBMC crashes and returns to Windows. This also happens with some other builds (for example 21865). I use Windows 7 RC 32 bit.

There is a similar problem with other Win7 RC users but solved in r21933. I think r21933 has no external player support.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55714

Could you look into this problem? Thank you.

- cmbx - 2009-08-05

moby-uk Wrote:In a word, no, in general there's no way for XBMC to know whether playback finished before the externalplayer exited or whether you stopped it early.

Ok, so say if the folder has 100 files, and we decide to close mpc after the second file, its then going to automatically load up the next 98 files.
How would this be prevented, is there a setting to change, or are the only options to either not have a playlist, and start each file one by one from xbmc, or to terminate xbmc when this occurs?

Also, I have 9.04.1-repack2 installed. Do I just execute your build and let it install over it automatically, or is there something I must do manually first?

thanks.

- Livin - 2009-08-05

moby-uk Wrote:In a word, no, in general there's no way for XBMC to know whether playback finished before the externalplayer exited or whether you stopped it early.

Moby,
I think there is.

With MPC Homecinema you can have it send the information to IM. I have tested this and when the video is playing, it send the title to IM... when the video stops, the title no longer shows on IM.

You could intercept the messages being sent to IM.

There is also a web interface, not sure if it has the same status functionality.

Also, it should be pretty easy to detect when an app has exited... XBMC can do this natively, yes?

- moby-uk - 2009-08-06

Livin Wrote:Moby,
I think there is.

With MPC Homecinema

except that I said "in general". Your approach sounds like it may work but I'm not interested in developing a point solution for each of the 1,796 different media players out there. I only use an exteralplayer for movies and I've converted all my DVDs to a single-file H.264 MKV so theres never more than one file in the playlist.

i can look at adding an options to not continue playing a playlist when an externalplayer ends but it would be strictly on or off for the player and not dependent on what you're playing or how the player ended. That would mean that stacked files would no longer work for any player with the option set.

- tiben20 - 2009-08-06

moby your think there a way to catch the sdl key input from the externalplayer window?