Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=43511)

- ashlar - 2009-08-20

From within mpc-hc, help menu, commandline switches.

Rather easy... :p

- patkhoo - 2009-08-20

Fascix Wrote:Okey i want to use MPC-HC at the external player but what arguments should i start it with?
I cant find a list of all the arguments/command line switches for MPC-HC
i have tried google and on the MPC-HC forums (and homepage)

anyone knows??

Err, if you would just scroll the page a few posts up to post 715, you can see the CMDline switches I use for MPC HC...

And if you want to see all the command line switches in MPC HC, just go to "Help" > "Command Line Switches"..

Sometimes, the obvious answers are already there w/o needing google..

- Fascix - 2009-08-20

hehehe Sorry guys i tried the help button in MPC-HC witch brought me to an old MPC page
and after that i googledfor a while never thought it would be right in front of my eyes... again sorry
and thanx!

- neurosis13 - 2009-08-21

please, i need a little help, i cant figure it out on my own:

here is my playercorefactory.xml, i want to use vlc player as my second external player,
he starts in fullscreen but when i stop the video, vlc doesnt close/exit and give back the focus to xbmc, with kmplyer everything is fine. What changes do i need to do in my playercorefactory.xml?

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="kmplayer classic" type="externalplayer" audio="true" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\The KMPlayer\kmplayer.exe</filename>
<args>/fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>

<player name="vlcplayer" type="externalplayer" audio="true" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\vlc\vlc.exe</filename>
<args>--play-and-exit --video-on-top --fullscreen</args>

<forceontop>false</forceontop>

</player>
</players>
</playercorefactory>

XBMC not hiding - goose61282 - 2009-08-25

I've had this problem since external player was started. (I believe in the jester build). I just thought I'd check to see if this was something someone managed to solve.

When starting a video in the external player MPC-HC the window opens behind XBMC. I just updated from jester to the latest SVN a few days ago and built a core factory file. Now, unlike before, if I press exit after the movie starts (I can hear the movie) then MPC-HC will close and XBMC will resume (did freeze).

My workaround has been for remoteghost to kill XBMC upon MPC-HC launch and vise-vera. This isn't ideal, and at times it fails to close XBMC which causes the video to play poorly.

- moby-uk - 2009-08-26

neurosis13 Wrote:please, i need a little help, i cant figure it out on my own:

here is my playercorefactory.xml, i want to use vlc player as my second external player,
he starts in fullscreen but when i stop the video, vlc doesnt close/exit and give back the focus to xbmc, with kmplyer everything is fine. What changes do i need to do in my playercorefactory.xml?

If I understand you correctly the problem is with vlc not exiting when playback ends, in which case you would probably be better off on a vlc forum.

- moby-uk - 2009-08-26

goose61282 Wrote:I've had this problem since external player was started. (I believe in the jester build). I just thought I'd check to see if this was something someone managed to solve.

When starting a video in the external player MPC-HC the window opens behind XBMC. I just updated from jester to the latest SVN a few days ago and built a core factory file. Now, unlike before, if I press exit after the movie starts (I can hear the movie) then MPC-HC will close and XBMC will resume (did freeze).

My workaround has been for remoteghost to kill XBMC upon MPC-HC launch and vise-vera. This isn't ideal, and at times it fails to close XBMC which causes the video to play poorly.

An update to the extplayer stuff was committed to SVN last night and will be in builds 22423 and higher. Try one of those.

- rflores2323 - 2009-08-26

can someone post their eventghost screenshot on how hey have configured xbmc repeat plugin and then the external player function (MPC-HC). I have tried and when MPC-HC pops up my remote does nothing on the external player.

Any help how to configure this.

- joesmokey - 2009-08-27

I'm new to XBMC and I'm having trouble setting this up properly.

I am using Moby's latest revision and I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit Edition and am storing my XML file in:
C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\XBMC

I created a playercorefactory.xml file with:
Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\MPCHC\mplayerc64.exe</filename>
      <args>/fullscreen /close</args>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule video="true" player="MPC-HC"/>
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>
However whenever I play a video file it always loads in the internal player and I can never get it to load into MPC HC. I've tried using the advancedsettings.xml file as well but that didn't do anything either.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm not sure what I am missing from the Wiki write up.

- uncertainty - 2009-08-27

rflores2323 Wrote:can someone post their eventghost screenshot on how hey have configured xbmc repeat plugin and then the external player function (MPC-HC). I have tried and when MPC-HC pops up my remote does nothing on the external player.

Any help how to configure this.

I would appreciate that to as I have eventghost working great within XBMC but cant seem to get the remote working when the external mpc-hc is invoked.

- cmille34 - 2009-08-27

uncertainty Wrote:I would appreciate that to as I have eventghost working great within XBMC but cant seem to get the remote working when the external mpc-hc is invoked.

Have you added the Media Player Classic plugin to EventGhost and mapped your remote button pushes to the Media Player Classic plugin events?

- willcmuk - 2009-08-27

Can someone help me out have svn 22451 I had external player working with advancedsettings.xml method but then stopped working, presume because using the latest svn? anyway followed the wiki heres what i've done (using vista 32bit):
deleted advancedsettings.xml and installed playercorefactory.xml to appdata/roaming/xbmc/userdata and it looks as follows:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<playername="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>c:\Media Player HC\mplayerc.exe</filename>
<args>/fullscreen /close /fixedsize 19200,10800</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="*.*" player="MPC-HC">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

but it's not working what have I done wrong?

- rflores2323 - 2009-08-27

cmille34 Wrote:Have you added the Media Player Classic plugin to EventGhost and mapped your remote button pushes to the Media Player Classic plugin events?

yes however how do I get it to switch to the mpc player when it comes in from xbmc?

- Abnormal1 - 2009-08-27

rflores2323 Wrote:yes however how do I get it to switch to the mpc player when it comes in from xbmc?

The way I did it was by having a seperate folder for xbmc, mpc and commands.

Then you have macros in the commands folder using the Task Create/Switch Events plugins to detect the windows of xbmc or mpc and enable or disable the required folder.

ie. If detect mpc starting then disable the xbmc folder and enable mpc folder.

This is a bit of a rough and simple example as am away from my htpc for a few days.

- rflores2323 - 2009-08-27

Abnormal1 Wrote:The way I did it was by having a seperate folder for xbmc, mpc and commands.

Then you have macros in the commands folder using the Task Create/Switch Events plugins to detect the windows of xbmc or mpc and enable or disable the required folder.

ie. If detect mpc starting then disable the xbmc folder and enable mpc folder.

This is a bit of a rough and simple example as am away from my htpc for a few days.

thanks.. I have tried that but it doesnt work for me. when you get some time can you post a screen shot of how you have it and your command lines. thanks