Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=43511)

- Abnormal1 - 2009-08-28

rflores2323 Wrote:thanks.. I have tried that but it doesnt work for me. when you get some time can you post a screen shot of how you have it and your command lines. thanks

I can probably PM my config file to you, but will not be till Sunday.

Perhaps someone maybe able to post a solution for you before then.

- tiben20 - 2009-08-28

willcmuk Wrote:Can someone help me out have svn 22451 I had external player working with advancedsettings.xml method but then stopped working, presume because using the latest svn? anyway followed the wiki heres what i've done (using vista 32bit):
deleted advancedsettings.xml and installed playercorefactory.xml to appdata/roaming/xbmc/userdata and it looks as follows:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<playername="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>c:\Media Player HC\mplayerc.exe</filename>
<args>/fullscreen /close /fixedsize 19200,10800</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="*.*" player="MPC-HC">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

but it's not working what have I done wrong?
at line 3
you forgot a space it should be
<player name not <playername

- willcmuk - 2009-08-28

tiben20 Wrote:at line 3
you forgot a space it should be
<player name not <playername

Thanks for that funny how you never notice the easy mistakes! So done that and now I've got the play using back in the context menu but how do I get it to play automatically rather than having to select it in the menu?

IGNORE IVE SORTED USING THE RULES THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

- btwiggles2 - 2009-08-28

joesmokey Wrote:I'm new to XBMC and I'm having trouble setting this up properly.

I am using Moby's latest revision and I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit Edition and am storing my XML file in:
C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\XBMC

I created a playercorefactory.xml file with:
Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\MPCHC\mplayerc64.exe</filename>
      <args>/fullscreen /close</args>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule video="true" player="MPC-HC"/>
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>
However whenever I play a video file it always loads in the internal player and I can never get it to load into MPC HC. I've tried using the advancedsettings.xml file as well but that didn't do anything either.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm not sure what I am missing from the Wiki write up.

I have the same exact setup currently. Windows 7 RTM x64 and I'm also using MPC-HC 64 bit. Try moving your playercorefactory.xml file over to
C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC

I mistakenly wrote my xml file in wordpad which added some erroneous info to the front of the file. Stick with notepad.

I'd verify that your filename is also correct, I had a small error in mine that was preventing mine from working.

Lastly, If you look at the log file in the C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC directory, you might be able to figure out where things are going wrong.

- h3llsp4wn - 2009-08-28

Just some comments on the changes from 22423 and befor. For me they lead to stuttering playback in zoomplayer and in mpc. I guess it´s related to the changes as xbmc is somehow interrupting the playback by toggeling between zero and 1% of cpu usage in the background. Before the change it staid at zero. I went back to an older xbmc compile (r22051) and there is no stuttering in external players.

Any else experiencing this behaviour?

Huh

H3ll

- zoing - 2009-08-28

I have an weird problem with the the new svn releases (SVN22451) with the new external player patch. When I play an file with MPC-HC, this is my external player, I have the strange phenomenon that the playback starts and then the screen flashes between the video and the XBMC. It seems as someone switches with ALT-TAB between the MPC-HC and XBMC.
I have changed settings in the playercorefactory and MPC-HC with no luck.
When I go back to SVN 24410 all works perfectly.

- goose61282 - 2009-08-29

goose61282 Wrote:I've had this problem since external player was started. (I believe in the jester build). I just thought I'd check to see if this was something someone managed to solve.

When starting a video in the external player MPC-HC the window opens behind XBMC. I just updated from jester to the latest SVN a few days ago and built a core factory file. Now, unlike before, if I press exit after the movie starts (I can hear the movie) then MPC-HC will close and XBMC will resume (did freeze).

My workaround has been for remoteghost to kill XBMC upon MPC-HC launch and vise-vera. This isn't ideal, and at times it fails to close XBMC which causes the video to play poorly.

As suggested I updated to the latest nightly and this served the purpose of breaking it more. Now the windows still appears behind xbmc, but a message pops up telling me that a video is playing in the external player. And now eventghost will no longer terminate the xbmc window. I've tried <forceontop/> and <hidexbmc/> neither of which solved the problem.

Is there a log file I can get information from somewhere that can help solve this problem? As of now xbmc is unusable for me.

- torva - 2009-08-30

I wold like to have my external player as my second hand chosen player, and have the original xbmc player (dvdplayer) as the defult. What shuld i change in my commands in playercore.xml?

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Program Files\MPC HomeCinema\mplayerc.exe</filename>
      <args>/play /fullscreen /close /fixedsize 19200,10800</args>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules>
    <rule video="true" player="MPC-HC">
    </rule>
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

- moby-uk - 2009-08-30

h3llsp4wn Wrote:Just some comments on the changes from 22423 and befor. For me they lead to stuttering playback in zoomplayer and in mpc. I guess it´s related to the changes as xbmc is somehow interrupting the playback by toggeling between zero and 1% of cpu usage in the background. Before the change it staid at zero. I went back to an older xbmc compile (r22051) and there is no stuttering in external players.

Any else experiencing this behaviour?

Huh

H3ll

hi H3ll, is this on very low-spec hardware, perhaps low-memory? There have been some recent changes but 0-1% is very little CPU-time; my atom-powered eee can do 720p playback in MPC-HC as XBMC's extplayer without stuttering.

- moby-uk - 2009-08-30

zoing Wrote:I have an weird problem with the the new svn releases (SVN22451) with the new external player patch. When I play an file with MPC-HC, this is my external player, I have the strange phenomenon that the playback starts and then the screen flashes between the video and the XBMC. It seems as someone switches with ALT-TAB between the MPC-HC and XBMC.
I have changed settings in the playercorefactory and MPC-HC with no luck.
When I go back to SVN 24410 all works perfectly.

goose61282 Wrote:As suggested I updated to the latest nightly and this served the purpose of breaking it more. Now the windows still appears behind xbmc, but a message pops up telling me that a video is playing in the external player. And now eventghost will no longer terminate the xbmc window. I've tried <forceontop/> and <hidexbmc/> neither of which solved the problem.

Is there a log file I can get information from somewhere that can help solve this problem? As of now xbmc is unusable for me.

Do you have an Intel GPU by any chance? I think maybe the workaround for Intel's Vsync being broken is interfering here.
@goose61282 instructions for generating a debug log are here

- moby-uk - 2009-08-30

torva Wrote:I wold like to have my external player as my second hand chosen player, and have the original xbmc player (dvdplayer) as the defult. What shuld i change in my commands in playercore.xml?

Code:
<rules>
    <rule video="true" player="MPC-HC">
    </rule>
  </rules>

Take out the rules, you only need to add them to change the default player, simply defining the player with video="true", as you've done, will make it appear in the Play using... menu for video

- h3llsp4wn - 2009-08-30

Hi moby,

no it´s no low spec from my point of view, 2GB ram and 2x 2.6Ghz AMD. When monitoring cpu usage I can´t see any peek at about 90 percent of cpu usage so I guess here is everything fine, but it´s stuttering as something is happening in the background (everytime it hits those 1% thing).

I´m on windows xp for now - so maybe it has something to do with it ...

I checked some 720p files and it seems to be less stuttering here - seems it has something to do with cpu power - but except planet earth I have no playback issues at 1080p without xbmc in the background or with xbmc in the back running an older version. If you have any further questions - I´ll do my best ...

h3ll

- zoing - 2009-08-30

moby-uk Wrote:Do you have an Intel GPU by any chance? I think maybe the workaround for Intel's Vsync being broken is interfering here.
@goose61282 instructions for generating a debug log are here

Hi moby-uk,

I have an Ion plattform running. So no Intel GPU.
I can post a debug log when its necessary.

- moby-uk - 2009-08-30

zoing Wrote:Hi moby-uk,

I have an Ion plattform running. So no Intel GPU.
I can post a debug log when its necessary.

a debug log would be handy please.

- torva - 2009-08-30

moby-uk Wrote:Take out the rules, you only need to add them to change the default player, simply defining the player with video="true", as you've done, will make it appear in the Play using... menu for video

Nice, worked great, thanx!