Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=43511)

- der.supertusse - 2009-10-05

McGilljam Wrote:Ok... I think I've looked everywhere in this thread and I've noticed some posts about RAR-files, but no really good answer... I guess.

So my question are simple:

Is it possible to start an .mvk/.iso from a rared scene-release with an external player like.. KMPlayer or anyone else?

I've been trying XBMCSetup-Rev22522-moby-ext and even the latest XBMCSetup-Rev22886-dx with no luck.

It looks like XBMC want to send the file to the player, but I guess that as XBMC unpack on the fly for the internal player, it fails on external... Oo

Am I right?

Hiya

Google for, and install the RARFileSource directshow filter. Disable any internal rar archive handling your external player might have. In my case, I'm using ZoomPlayer, which can play movies from within rar-files, but not without unpacking to a temporary directory. With RARFileSource it becomes transparent, like with XBMC. There is of course a slight overhead to this, but it shouldn't really tax your system much. Remember, if you're playing a 1,5 hour movie from a 4GB file, it can spend 1,5 hours unraring that file, so it doesn't need a lot of cpu for that.

Tusse.

- Orio - 2009-10-08

Hello!

I've just read about the external player function today and I thought I would give it a try.

I read the wiki about creating the files needed in the "userdata" folder and I've done so.

Created the playercorefactory.xml with these lines.
Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>H:\Program\Media Player Classic\MPC HomeCinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>/play /fullscreen /close </args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules>
<rule video="true" player="MPC-HC">
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

With these settings , nothing happens in XMBC. I tried right click on a movie, play using external player-> Nothing happens.

I also edited the advancedsettings.xml and added these lines

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
  <defaultplayer>externalplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
<externalplayer>
  <args>-fs</args>
  <forceontop>true</forceontop>
</externalplayer>
</advancedsettings>

Same thing, nothing happens. When I start up XBMC, and play a movie it starts right away but Im guessing its not using MPC. Not sure how to tell if IT is using MPC.

Very glad for any help!

Thank you for a very nice program.

- patkhoo - 2009-10-09

Orio Wrote:Hello!

I've just read about the external player function today and I thought I would give it a try.

I read the wiki about creating the files needed in the "userdata" folder and I've done so.

Created the playercorefactory.xml with these lines.
Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<args>/play /fullscreen /close </args>
</player>
</players>
<rules>
<rule video="true" player="MPC-HC">
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

With these settings , nothing happens in XBMC. I tried right click on a movie, play using external player-> Nothing happens.

I also edited the advancedsettings.xml and added these lines

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
</video>
<externalplayer>
  <args>-fs</args>
</externalplayer>
</advancedsettings>

Same thing, nothing happens. When I start up XBMC, and play a movie it starts right away but Im guessing its not using MPC. Not sure how to tell if IT is using MPC.

Very glad for any help!

Thank you for a very nice program.

Sorry, what version of XBMC are you using? That will tell you if you need to use advancedsettings.xml or playercorefactory.xml... I suggest getting a recent SVN and use playercorefactory.xml... After all, soon 9.10 will be out and advancedsettings.xml support for external players will be depreciated..

- Orio - 2009-10-10

Hello patkhoo!

Im using XBMC version 9.04.1 R20672 , Compiled 2 Jun.

Also using Mediastream skin.

- cgmark - 2009-10-12

If you are having problems with external player not launching or something not working enable debug mode in the systems menu. It will place a log file in user/appdata/roaming/xbmc . Really helps to find problems.

- idahoxj - 2009-10-13

I searched and couldn't find an answer so I'll ask it here. Has anyone figured out how to launch quicktime in full screen. I just need quicktime for my videos with drm, it launches and I put it to full screen with my remote (ctrl + f) but it would be way nicer if it went to full screen automatically. I can't seem to find any command line switches.

- Fiasco - 2009-10-19

ashlar Wrote:Lol... jumping in, indeed! Big Grin
No, it's not so easy as that. You'll have to configure stuff for it to work like this but... on the other hand, if what you wish is what you wrote, yes it can work like that no problem.

You can have autoplay enabled and have PowerDVD or TMT autostart when you insert a Blu Ray. What would be the role of XBMC in this, I wonder...

Can you launch an external player only for blu-ray and have the internal player handle everything else?

- kiboy6 - 2009-10-20

PantsOnFire Wrote:* When I run the video, XBMC shows a dialog, something along the lines of... 'press ok to cancel player' can I remove this somehow? (it's just a distraction)

* When the video is finished it closes MPC-HC and returns to XBMC (great). But in between, there is a brief period where my desktop is shown (and the start bar). Can I eliminate this at all to make it all a bit more seamless?

regards,
Pants.

I'm looking for a solution for the exact same issues...anyone have any ideas? (Running build 22516).

Thanks!

STRM files + MPC or VLC - eloo - 2009-10-22

Hi all,

I am trying to play the following stream in XBMC:
rtsp://streamer-01.dr.nordija.dk/dr2high

The default player doesnt work, the log shows MSQ_NOT_INITIALIZED and then the stream closes.

If I play the file inside VLC everything is fine. I have been trying to make my external player work with the STRM file, could anyone post a working example of
playercore xml ?

Thank you.

/eloo

- Fiasco - 2009-10-22

Since I'm using version 9.04.1 R20672 , Compiled 2 Jun I have to use advancedsettings.xml (I didn't see a stable release version download of a later build number).
Quote:<advancedsettings>
<video>
</video>
<externalplayer>
<filename>c:\program files\MPC HomeCinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args></args>
</externalplayer>
</advancedsettings>

When I right click an ISO, the play in external option is there and it launches the external player. Howerver when I try to play the ISO normally it just launches in the internal dvdplayer.

If I do the same with a m2ts file it works like I expect (clicking launches external player).

What do I need to do to have it launch an external player for a DVD inserted in the drive?

*edit* Found solution to DVD launch here in the 85+ pages of this thread Big Grin

Quote:<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultdvdplayer>externalplayer</defaultdvdplayer>
</video>
<externalplayer>
<filename>c:\program files\MPC HomeCinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>/fullscreen /play /close /d3dfs</args>
<hidexbmc>fakse</hidexbmc>
<replacers>
<replacer stop="true">
<match>dvd://.*</match>
<pat>.*</pat>
<rep>D:</rep>
</replacer>
</replacers>
</externalplayer>
</advancedsettings>

now to figure out how to ONLY launch the external player for DVD/BLURAY discs that are in the physical drive and not those that are in one of the shares

- Fiasco - 2009-10-22

ezhik Wrote:I've looked through the Wiki and this thread and still not sure if it is possible to launch the external player only when putting a Blu-ray DVD into the optical drive. I like the internal player for everything else, what would be the code to do this if it can be done?

Thank you.

Ditto

- PantsOnFire - 2009-10-24

I use LaunchPlayer, I use MPC-HC to play the videos.

Some of my movies are multi-part. Is there any way to send ALL parts of the film to a MPC-HC playlist for seamless playback, rather than finishing part 1, returning to xbmc, which then launches part 2 etc..

The reason I ask:
My windows res is 1080p50Hz, thus xbmc runs at this. But to get rid of shearing in all videos, I've set MPC-HC to play fullscreen at 24Hz. So for my multi-part movies, it's far from seamless when it reaches the end of part 1, reverts to xbmc (tv switches back to 50Hz) then launches MPC-HC again (switching back to 24Hz again).

- patkhoo - 2009-10-25

PantsOnFire Wrote:I use LaunchPlayer, I use MPC-HC to play the videos.

Some of my movies are multi-part. Is there any way to send ALL parts of the film to a MPC-HC playlist for seamless playback, rather than finishing part 1, returning to xbmc, which then launches part 2 etc..

The reason I ask:
My windows res is 1080p50Hz, thus xbmc runs at this. But to get rid of shearing in all videos, I've set MPC-HC to play fullscreen at 24Hz. So for my multi-part movies, it's far from seamless when it reaches the end of part 1, reverts to xbmc (tv switches back to 50Hz) then launches MPC-HC again (switching back to 24Hz again).

Ah, Thanks for the remind.. Moby suggested I post this to Trac sometime back, but I forgot.. So here it is..

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7447

- PantsOnFire - 2009-10-25

sweet, I'd love to see this feature. Big Grin

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-10-25

PantsOnFire Wrote:I use LaunchPlayer, I use MPC-HC to play the videos.

Some of my movies are multi-part. Is there any way to send ALL parts of the film to a MPC-HC playlist for seamless playback,

rather than finishing part 1, returning to xbmc, which then launches part 2 etc..

The reason I ask:
My windows res is 1080p50Hz, thus xbmc runs at this. But to get rid of shearing in all videos, I've set MPC-HC to play

fullscreen at 24Hz. So for my multi-part movies, it's far from seamless when it reaches the end of part 1, reverts to xbmc (tv

switches back to 50Hz) then launches MPC-HC again (switching back to 24Hz again).

I have a work around if your interested but you need to switch to using Zoom Player just use with it MPC-HC's standalone filter instead

You can set Zoom to automatically play the next file in the directory so no stopping and starting, but there's a slight problem XBMC knows there's two files so when the movie ends and you exit zoom XBMC will launch Zoom again for the second half very annoying and problematic Rolleyes

Tried with stacking off but external player wouldn't launch on two part movies, so as a dirty work around you basically have to break stacking and get XBMC to ignore CD2 using the <advancedsettings> below, this assumes your movies have CD1/CD2 in the file name if the two parts are labeled something different to that add another rule to <excludefromscan>

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <moviestacking>
  </moviestacking>
<video>
  <excludefromscan>  
    <regexp>CD2</regexp>     
    <regexp>-trailer</regexp>
    <regexp>[._- ]sample</regexp>
  </excludefromscan>
</video>  
</advancedsettings>

If you use it your have to remove the two part movies from library first then update otherwise your end up with duplicates, you will also need to use zoom for any two part movies, leave stacking turned on

Screenshot below shows the options needed to be set in Zoom Player (marked in red)

http://i38.tinypic.com/2qmzozq.png

I posted a different version earlier which didn't work just in case anyone tried it but this one does