Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=43511)

- jacky89 - 2009-11-26

I fixed the minimized XBMC after external player closes issue by checking the "Use a fullscreen windows rather than true fullscreen" box inside XBMC.

- lndiana - 2009-11-26

It works great!!
You're a boss!
Thank you Smile

- scoopy2scoops - 2009-11-26

One quick question, does auto adjust refresh rate work when using an external player like MPC-HC. E.g. does XBMC read the info of the file, switch the refresh rate and then launch MPC-HC with the right refresh rate?

external player won't become default - taharaa - 2009-11-29

Please pardon my ignorance. I have read the the wiki & forums for several days to no avail.

Problem 1 - I am trying to get my external player to show as the default. It is an option under "Play Using", but not the default.

Problem 2 - When I try and use the default dvdplayer, the screen goes blank. Esc twice and you find the movie playing in the background on the home screen. but, it won't play fullscreen.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="TheaterTek" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\TheaterTek\TheaterTek DVD 2.0\TheaterTek DVD.exe</filename>
<args>/fullscreen /close /play</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
</players>
</playercorefactory>

http://pastebin.com/m383bd763

Windows 7 Professional (x64) (build 7600).
2.50 GHz Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 64 bit
4 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series Driver Packaging Version 8.661-090923a1-083743C-ATI Driver date: 9/23/09
Team XBMC - XBMC for Windows Version 9.11-beta1

Thank you.

- ashlar - 2009-11-29

scoopy2scoops Wrote:One quick question, does auto adjust refresh rate work when using an external player like MPC-HC. E.g. does XBMC read the info of the file, switch the refresh rate and then launch MPC-HC with the right refresh rate?
No. Unfortunately not.

- therealjoeblow - 2009-11-30

jacky89 Wrote:I fixed the minimized XBMC after external player closes issue by checking the "Use a fullscreen windows rather than true fullscreen" box inside XBMC.

That fixes the minimized XBMC, but causes problems with the external player . Using ZoomPlayer + FFDshow, if renderer is set as VMR7, then I get a lot of tearing that never occurs if ZP+VMR7 is used when XBMC is closed, or if ZBMC remains loaded but without the 'fullscreen window' option; if renderer is set to overlay, then the video plays jerky in ZP, which also doesn't occur without the fake fullscreen mode. So this workaround really doesn't work... We need a _real_ fix...

Cheers
The REAL Joe

- therealjoeblow - 2009-11-30

Cammer Wrote:Thank you Moby and Ashlar.

Since using Camelot Alpha 1, I don't need to use an external player anymore. The internal player plays all my content, with no issues.

I encourage all who have issues playing content to try it. Big Grin

Well Camelot appears to have lost all of the advanced high quality resizers (there's no BiCubic or Lanczos, only nearest neighbor or bilinear) and so it looks like crap compared to an external player with ffdshow using it's built in resize with lanczos settings. Camelot looks blurry and soft, external player looks sharp and crisp.

If the internal player gets better resizers added in that work, then maybe some won't need external players now, but the way it sits, 720p resized to 1080p looks about as blurry as normal DVD with the built in player...

Cheers,
The REAL Joe

- neil.j1983 - 2009-11-30

therealjoeblow Wrote:Well Camelot appears to have lost all of the advanced high quality resizers (there's no BiCubic or Lanczos, only nearest neighbor or bilinear) and so it looks like crap compared to an external player with ffdshow using it's built in resize with lanczos settings. Camelot looks blurry and soft, external player looks sharp and crisp.

If the internal player gets better resizers added in that work, then maybe some won't need external players now, but the way it sits, 720p resized to 1080p looks about as blurry as normal DVD with the built in player...

Cheers,
The REAL Joe

i agree, i've just setup mpc-hc as an external player for the first time in AGES because SD-DVD looks very pixellated. From other threads I think i'm safe in saying that it is not in the team's goals to start work on it in the DX builds(which is fair enough!).

- scoopy2scoops - 2009-11-30

So auto adjust refresh rate doesn't work for the External player?

What methods are people using to get round this. Can you set the external player to always use a certain refresh rate. Or pehaps keep your system at 1080p 24hz then any thing SD will be changed over to the right refresh rate by XBMC internal player. Or are people just manually changing there resolution in desktop settings?

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-11-30

scoopy2scoops Wrote:So auto adjust refresh rate doesn't work for the External player?

What methods are people using to get round this. Can you set the external player to always use a certain refresh rate. Or pehaps keep your system at 1080p 24hz then any thing SD will be changed over to the right refresh rate by XBMC internal player. Or are people just manually changing there resolution in desktop settings?

Reclock with VB Script can do this, how its done and with what script will depend on your GPU

- PantsOnFire - 2009-11-30

Hi all,

Im trying to get MPC-HC to play streaming apple movie trailers and iplayer streams but xbmc always plays them internally. Probably something in my xml is wrong, but I don't know what. Could someone with their head screwed on help me?

here's my xml:
Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC\mplayerc.exe</filename>
<args>/fullscreen /close</args>
<hidecursor>true</hidecursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules>
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filetypes="MOV" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filetypes="hdmov" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filetypes="wmv" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filetypes="m2ts" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filetypes="ts" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filetypes="RTMP" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filetypes="flv" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filetypes="swf" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filetypes="vf" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filetypes="x-flv" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

- scoopy2scoops - 2009-11-30

>>X<<' Wrote:Reclock with VB Script can do this, how its done and with what script will depend on your GPU

Thanks, I'm using the Asrock ION330

PantsOnFire, try this - hellohello - 2009-11-30

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<hidecursor>true</hidecursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|MOV|hdmov|wmv|m2ts|ts|RTMP|flv|swf|vf|x-flv" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

you don't have to consolidate your filetypes like i did above. what i think you really needed was RULES ACTIONS="PREPEND" which supercedes anything else in the system's playercorefactory settings.

- PantsOnFire - 2009-12-01

@HelloHello/anyone: thanks for your xml tip. I tried using it but still my iplayer streams just play internally in xbmc. I've put a copy of my xbmc.log on pastebin. I can't tell whats going wrong. I can see the area related to the rtmp stream. But the file itself does not *appear* to have an rtmp file extension; it's some sort of alphanumeric name instead. So I doubt mpc-hc is picking it up.

Does anyone have this working? Can anyone clarify the file extension of an iplayer stream? And while we're at it, apple movie trailers launch mpc-hc but then mpc-hc gives the error "failed to render file" - is mpc-hc capable of opening internet streams?

xbmc.log:
http://pastebin.com/f190766a0

thanks for reading Smile

ok, let's try this - hellohello - 2009-12-01

let's assume you want MPC-HC to handle everything EXCEPT DVD's

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>