Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=43511)

Update - ltrambo85 - 2009-12-04

I got the player to work by right clicking in xbmc on the file and pressing play using and then selecting it. Is there anyway I can get it to be the default for everything so I dont have to right click on it everytime I wanna watch HD content.

- moby-uk - 2009-12-04

hellohello Wrote:and it didn't work for me at least. so instead of tearing my hair out i figured i'd ask to see if "H264" was even a defined attribute.

It's helpful to say what you've tried as a lot of people as too lazy to even think for themselves.

There's no restriction in the playercorefactory on what values you can put in the videocodec attribute; it's just a regexp match on whatever value is extracted from the file. You do need to have "extract thumbnail and video information" turned on in settings->video->file-lists (that's where the setting currently is, it may have moved around it bit recently). If you're using a skin that supports media flagging then if you have the icons showing codec information in the library then it should work.

- natethomas - 2009-12-04

ltrambo85 Wrote:I got the player to work by right clicking in xbmc on the file and pressing play using and then selecting it. Is there anyway I can get it to be the default for everything so I dont have to right click on it everytime I wanna watch HD content.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_use_an_External_Player_for_media_playback

Literally the very first section after the introduction tells you how to do this.

- ltrambo85 - 2009-12-04

natethomas Wrote:http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_use_an_External_Player_for_media_playback

Literally the very first section after the introduction tells you how to do this.

I have it set like this.

"<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC HomeCinema (x64)\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
<args>/fullscreen /close "{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*720p.*" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>"

Shouldn't this allow for it to open automatically if it is a MKV?
I have this in the system folder.

If I wanted to make it default should I have it like this?

"<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="videodefaultplayer" audio="false" video="true">
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>"

Problem Solved - ltrambo85 - 2009-12-04

I had no idea that had the .xml to be in

"C:\Users\Shawn\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata"

instead of

"C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\userdata"

Just posting this to if anyone else has this problem

- pdeg69 - 2009-12-04

Where to store your advanced.xml depends from what you choose when running XBMC setup. When you get the screen:

Store data in C:/users/username/appdata/roaming/XBMC/

Store data in C:/program files (x86)/XBMC/
(portable mode)

- Smiff - 2009-12-04

sorry, can someone please show how to change the default dvd player (XBMC.PlayDVD command) without xbmc appending "dvd://1" to the command line?

currently we are having to play DVDs through a player defined in the Programs menu, which is awkward when a Play Disc menu appears in the main menu! thanks very much.

- blenky - 2009-12-04

ltrambo85 Wrote:I have it set like this.

"<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>"

Shouldn't this allow for it to open automatically if it is a MKV?
I have this in the system folder.

If I wanted to make it default should I have it like this?

"<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="videodefaultplayer" audio="false" video="true">
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>"

My settings are as follows as MKV or nay of the other file types in the list open automatically within MPC-HC. Take out the 'filename=' part out as it assumes you have '720p' somewhere in the file name I think!

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC HomeCinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|MOV|hdmov|wmv|m2ts|ts|RTMP|flv|swf|vf|x-flv" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

- blenky - 2009-12-04

blenky Wrote:Looking at getting an ASrock 330 and installing W7/XBMC/MPC-HC.

Currently I have the Popcorn Hour media player which is very good at setting the correct refresh on my TV based on the video source. So sets the TV to 24 for blu ray, 50 for PAL etc.

How is this achieved using MPC-HC with XBMC?

Thanks

Could someone comment? Is there settings in MPC-HC? If so what. Thanks.

- moby-uk - 2009-12-05

blenky Wrote:Could someone comment? Is there settings in MPC-HC? If so what. Thanks.

If you're asking whether you can get XBMC to switch refresh rates before it launches MPC-HC as an external player then, no.
If you're asking whether you can configure MPC-HC to switch refresh rates then I think the answer is, not natively you need something like ReClock, but you'd probably be better off asking on a MPC-HC forum.

- PantsOnFire - 2009-12-05

PantsOnFire Wrote:I love using xbmc its menus are great, and i love using mpc to play the vids. But when i launch mpc from xbmc, having xbmc behind it always causes mpc to occassionally tear and/or judder.

Does anyone else find this? Is it possible to minimise xbmc while mpc takes front and centre? -Id be interested to know if this fixes the problem.

thanks all.

anyone?

EDIT: Have used the parameter to HIDE xbmc while externalplayer is playing but the problem still exists. :-(

- blenky - 2009-12-05

moby-uk Wrote:If you're asking whether you can get XBMC to switch refresh rates before it launches MPC-HC as an external player then, no.
If you're asking whether you can configure MPC-HC to switch refresh rates then I think the answer is, not natively you need something like ReClock, but you'd probably be better off asking on a MPC-HC forum.

Ok I will do just that - thanks.

XBMC stays minimized - Mallet21 - 2009-12-06

Maybe someone can help....XBMC launches MPC-HC just fine, but when i terminate MPC, it goes back to my desktop and XBMC stays minimized.

I tried enabling "use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen". That fixed the minimizing problem but that option gives me tearing using DVDplayer.

I am using the 9.11 beta 1 build.

Here is a debug log: http://pastebin.com/d297f8e37

Here is my playercorefactory XML:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC HomeCinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|m2ts" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

- jlaws9669 - 2009-12-08

I have exhausted this thread for reasons as to why MPC-HC will not load from XBMC. I am using the latest Windows DX svn build on top of Camelot beta. MPC-HC is set to the default (can be verified in Play With... in XBMC). When I attempt to play a video, it thinks a bit and stays on screen. In my xbmc.log is the following line that I believe is the cause. I've searched it here without much coming up:

WARNING: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayerCore(videodefaultplayer): no such core: externalplayer

I have the following playercorefactory.xml in my AppData/Roaming/XBMC/userdata folder:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>"C:\Program Files (x86)\K-Lite Codec Pack\Media Player Classic\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="*.*" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

It's properly formatted in XML, I retyped it here because VNC wasn't wanting to cough up a paste of the text (using laptop to post this).

Anyways, the log will stay that there is no such core of externalplayer when trying to launch MPC-HC (the full Filename linkup it shows in the log works from my Run bar...loads full screen, proper movie, etc). I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64bit. I have an Atom330 Ion system that coughs on 720p/1080p in high action sequences unless I use the hardware decoding of the Ion chipset.

Thanks for any direction

- Amra - 2009-12-08

I'm not sure if this could be your problem but does your advancedsettings.xml file have a section in it such as this?
Code:
<video>
        <defaultplayer>MPC-HC</defaultplayer>
    </video>
or does it say "<defaultplayer>externalplayer</defaultplayer>" ?

In my setup, I have the name "MPC-HC" in both playercorefactory.xml and in advancedsettings.xml and it works fine.