Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=43511)

- KOROR - 2010-08-29

I've been trying to get XBMC to launch Zomm Player for playback of MKV files as these stutter til XBMC.

I've made 2 files:

advancedsettings.xml
Quote:<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>externalplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
<externalplayer>
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Zoom Player\zplayer.exe</filename>
<args>-fs</args>
<forceontop>true</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</externalplayer>
</advancedsettings>

playercorefactory.xml
Quote: <players>
<player name="Zoom Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Zoom Player\zplayer.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*720p.*" player="Zoom Player"/>
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*1080p.*" player="Zoom Player"/>
</rules>

and put them in all these folders:
C:\Users\ASROCK\AppData\Roaming\XBMC
C:\Users\ASROCK\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata
C:\Users\ASROCK\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\system

But XBMC still does not launch Zoom Player, can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

- steelman1991 - 2010-08-29

My post here

steelman1991 Wrote:Think you might need to search for the correct command parameters (<args>) which correspond to TMT3, the ones quoted on the wiki and in your example refer to MPC-HC. From what I remember each player has there own unique set of commands and these need to be set in the playercorefactory file to properly execute the start up behaviour of the chosen player.

refers equally to all players (excluding mpc-hc, for which the command line parameters are shown in the wiki). In this instance the command line parameters are available from here http://www.inmatrix.com/zplayer/parameters.shtml

Secondly you only require either an advancedsetting xml OR a playercorefactory xml - not both, which I would assume might lead to playback corruption. If your build is r20983 or later you require a playercorefactory xml, earlier builds its an advancedsettings xml that is required.

- KOROR - 2010-09-05

@steelman1991

After reading your last post I tried with only playercorefactory.xml
Quote:<players>
<player name="MPCHC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC HomeCinema (x64)\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*720p.*" player="Zoom Player"/>
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*1080p.*" player="Zoom Player"/>
</rules>
located at: C:\Users\ASROCK\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

But still XBMC doesn't load/use the external player:

Quote:08:12:46 T:3024 M:802963456 NOTICE: load settings...
08:12:46 T:3024 M:802926592 NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://masterprofile/
08:12:46 T:3024 M:802926592 NOTICE: loading special://masterprofile/guisettings.xml
08:12:46 T:3024 M:802816000 NOTICE: Getting hardware information now...
08:12:46 T:3024 M:802816000 NOTICE: Checking resolution 12
08:12:46 T:3024 M:802807808 NOTICE: Loading player core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/playercorefactory.xml.
08:12:46 T:3024 M:802791424 NOTICE: Loaded playercorefactory configuration
08:12:46 T:3024 M:802791424 NOTICE: Loading player core factory settings from special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml.
08:12:46 T:3024 M:802791424 NOTICE: special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml does not exist. Skipping.
08:12:46 T:3024 M:802787328 NOTICE: No advancedsettings.xml to load (special://masterprofile/advancedsettings.xml)
08:12:46 T:3024 M:802787328 NOTICE: Default DVD Player: dvdplayer
08:12:46 T:3024 M:802787328 NOTICE: Default Video Player: dvdplayer
08:12:46 T:3024 M:802787328 NOTICE: Default Audio Player: paplayer
08:12:46 T:3024 M:802783232 NOTICE: Loading media sources from special://masterprofile/sources.xml
08:12:47 T:3024 M:781225984 NOTICE: initializing playlistplayer
08:12:47 T:3024 M:781221888 NOTICE: DONE initializing playlistplayer
08:12:48 T:3024 M:769040384 NOTICE: initialize done

Can you explain what I might be doing wrong?

- steelman1991 - 2010-09-05

Yes - your specifying the player name and executable as mpc-hc, yet your rule wants the file played by 'Zoom Player' you need to change the path of the executable to the 'zoom player' location and change the player name to 'zoom player' as well. In addition you will also have to locate the command line parameters for 'zoom player' in accordance with the link in my last post and place them in <args> - the ones in your file are again the ones for mpc-hc as they were in your initial xml file.

need some guidance - ali2k1 - 2010-09-08

hi to all, last night i installed xbmc on my pc everything works but for some reason it keeps crashing when i play any kind of mkv. mkv are all under 1gb so i thought i can set external player such as vlc. i followed the instructions on downloading patch but i cannot find coreplayer.xml or advance settings in roaming/xbmc.

or is there any kind of build including vlc and i know im gonna mess up the xml
please can you direct me to these .xmls.

thank you

- steelman1991 - 2010-09-08

Neither are available natively in that location - they have to be built by the user. However before you go looking at external players you might want to try troubleshooting why xbmc doesn't play these files (is it hardware restricted). Without knowledege of your system no-one can help with that. Might be worthwhile taking that route - see here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708 for information on reporting problems - Oh and I would be inclined to start a new thread on the problem - if searching doesn't provide you with the answer.

- gagias - 2010-10-04

Ciao,I've been trying to get XBMC to launch PowerDVD10 for playback of MKV files,but XBMC doesn't load/use the external player:
This is my playercorefactory located in C:\Users\Giamma\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\UserData

my os windows7 ultimate xbmc dharma beta 2, tanks to all

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="uDTStart" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
<filename>C:\Programmi (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD10\PowerDVD10.exe</filename>
<args>/fullscreen /close "{1}"</args> <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="uDTStart" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

- gagias - 2010-10-04

gagias Wrote:Ciao,I've been trying to get XBMC to launch PowerDVD10 for playback of MKV files,but XBMC doesn't load/use the external player:
This is my playercorefactory located in C:\Users\Giamma\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\UserData

my os windows7 ultimate xbmc dharma beta 2, tanks to all

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="uDTStart" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
<filename>C:\Programmi (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD10\PowerDVD10.exe</filename>
<args>/fullscreen /close "{1}"</args> <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="uDTStart" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Sorry add my pastlog

http://pastebin.com/DtHXijX2

tks

- steelman1991 - 2010-10-05

Gagias - Think you might be out of luck with PDVD - a search for command line parameters leads me to believe that this functionality has been removed by PDVD engineers and therefore won't work with xbmc external player. The <args> you are using only refer to mpc-hc therefore won't pass the file to pdvd and seperate arguments are required for each different player.

- gagias - 2010-10-05

steelman1991 Wrote:Gagias - Think you might be out of luck with PDVD - a search for command line parameters leads me to believe that this functionality has been removed by PDVD engineers and therefore won't work with xbmc external player. The <args> you are using only refer to mpc-hc therefore won't pass the file to pdvd and seperate arguments are required for each different player.

Hello PDVD and Windows Vista 32 bit works with the same playercorefactory :confused2:

- gagias - 2010-10-06

steelman1991 Wrote:Gagias - Think you might be out of luck with PDVD - a search for command line parameters leads me to believe that this functionality has been removed by PDVD engineers and therefore won't work with xbmc external player. The <args> you are using only refer to mpc-hc therefore won't pass the file to pdvd and seperate arguments are required for each different player.

WORK Laugh
I replaced it "<filename>C:\Programmi (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD10" with this string "<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD10 and I put the playercorefactory in:
-C:\Users\Giamma\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\UserData
-C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC
-C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system

CiaoSmile

- pingomister - 2010-10-10

Hello. I'm trying to send music to winamp. But when I click "play" on an album, it sends the tracks one by one, popping up that annoying "press ok when playback is finished" message.

What I need is:
- send all the files on the album immediately to winamp
or
- send the folder path of the album to winamp
or
- send only the first file of the album (since I can get the folder path from that, with a batch file)

And, by the way, how to get rid of the "press ok" message?

Any ways that I can do this? Thanks for any help.

- Zodler - 2010-12-13

I need to launch an external player and quit XBMC, otherwise it will not work correctly. How can I launch an external player and truly quit XBMC? (and no <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc> is not what I want)

Just for your curiosity, I have a very complicated problem on my Asrock ION 330HT-BD. When I launch TotalMedia Theater 3 through XBMC, when it plays SD features, the screen blinks. If I launch TMT3 when XBMC is closed, it works. I suppose that this is an audio conflict causing this, because when the XBMC process is still in the background, the sound conflicts with TMT3 output and causes the video to flicker! Sometimes my audio stops working and I have to reboot.

But my question is simple, how to Exit XBMC after external launch?

- jhsrennie - 2010-12-13

If you're always playing BluRay disks, so you don't need the name of a media file, you could write a script to exit XBMC and start TotalMedia Theater 3. In fact you could have your XBMC script start a batch file to run TotalMedia Theater 3, wait until it finishes then start XBMC again.

JR

- tatoosh - 2010-12-13

you can kill the XBMC.exe process for example.