Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=43511)

- ashlar - 2009-01-19

Jester, would it be much of an hassle to create an updated build?
I'd like to test the latest developments on this (http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5450) but I'm afraid of then messing things up with databases, etc. if I upgrade, downgrade, change player and so on and so forth.

- Jester - 2009-01-19

ashlar Wrote:Jester, would it be much of an hassle to create an updated build?
I'd like to test the latest developments on this (http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5450) but I'm afraid of then messing things up with databases, etc. if I upgrade, downgrade, change player and so on and so forth.

it's coming in a few....

- ashlar - 2009-01-19

Jester Wrote:it's coming in a few....
Many thanks!

- Jester - 2009-01-19

ashlar Wrote:Many thanks!

after they fix the current compile error on the SVN....

- ashlar - 2009-01-19

Jester Wrote:after they fix the current compile error on the SVN....
I've noticed kricker has upped a 17152-no-intel build. This should include the 17140 changeset and have external player working correctly (albeit ignoring the hidexbmc parameter), right?

- Jester - 2009-01-19

ashlar Wrote:I've noticed kricker has upped a 17152-no-intel build. This should include the 17140 changeset and have external player working correctly (albeit ignoring the hidexbmc parameter), right?

pretty much, expect more changes however....

- ashlar - 2009-01-19

Jester Wrote:pretty much, expect more changes however....
Such as? Come on, don't make us live in anticipation... ! Laugh

- role2682 - 2009-01-20

moby-uk Wrote:Try starting XBMC with the "XBMC (windowed)" shortcut but set it's resolution (under screen in settings) to match that of your display so it fills the screen. If that doesn't make any difference try setting:

Code:
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>

I tried this but the same thing is still happening on my Vista pc but everything works great on my Xp machine which is my HTPC. So I'm happy.
Thanks for all the hard work.

- ashlar - 2009-01-20

Jester Wrote:pretty much, expect more changes however....
Tried that and reverted to your latest build, cosmetically it's better in the "hide xbmc, show externalplayer, close, open, bla, bla". I don't know why.

- Dannydeman - 2009-01-20

I never worked with external players, but is it possible to use it with the XBMC OSD when using a remote? Or will the remote/XBMC OSD be disabled when using an external player?

- Crewone - 2009-01-20

Dannydeman Wrote:I never worked with external players, but is it possible to use it with the XBMC OSD when using a remote? Or will the remote/XBMC OSD be disabled when using an external player?

It will be disabled.

- taxigps - 2009-01-20

chinese movie filename trans to external player are wrong,i think because the para of

void CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32(const char* strPath, const char* strSwitches)

not support unicode

maybe change to:

void CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32(const tchar* strPath, const tchar* strSwitches)

- Jester - 2009-01-20

taxigps Wrote:chinese movie filename trans to external player are wrong,i think because the para of

void CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32(const char* strPath, const char* strSwitches)

not support unicode

maybe change to:

void CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32(const tchar* strPath, const tchar* strSwitches)

that might work, i'll try it out in my next build as we are still working on improving the externalplayer bits....

- nugentgl - 2009-01-20

I can't this working. I am using svn 17202 and copied and pasted the code snippet from the first page of this post into my advancedsettings.xml in my userdata folder. I have set the path to mplayerc.exe; however, when I select a movie it plays back in XBMC. If I right click and chose Play With I can chose externalplayer and works great. A side note, when I right-click and chose Play With it displays the following:

dvdplayer (default)
externalplayer

Shouldn't externalplayer be listed as default since that is what my advancedsettings.xml code shows? I enabled debug mode but I am getting NO errors or problems parsing the advancedsettings.xml file.

Any cluse?

For shits and giggles, this is the content of my advancedsettings.xml:

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>externalplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
<externalplayer>
<filename>c:\mpc-hc\mplayerc.exe</filename>
<args></args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</externalplayer>
</advancedsettings>

- Jester - 2009-01-20

nugentgl Wrote:I can't this working. I am using svn 17202 and copied and pasted the code snippet from the first page of this post into my advancedsettings.xml in my userdata folder. I have set the path to mplayerc.exe; however, when I select a movie it plays back in XBMC. If I right click and chose Play With I can chose externalplayer and works great. A side note, when I right-click and chose Play With it displays the following:

dvdplayer (default)
externalplayer

Shouldn't externalplayer be listed as default since that is what my advancedsettings.xml code shows? I enabled debug mode but I am getting NO errors or problems parsing the advancedsettings.xml file.

Any cluse?

For shits and giggles, this is the content of my advancedsettings.xml:

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>externalplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
<externalplayer>
<filename>c:\mpc-hc\mplayerc.exe</filename>
<args></args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>