Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=43511)

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - bluray - 2012-12-11

Can MPC-HC playback the file by itself?

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - aexl - 2012-12-11

Yes - sorry, forgot to mention that. If I play from Windows Explorer through MPC-HC it works just fine. Same with a File>open.

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - bluray - 2012-12-12

(2012-12-11, 23:47)aexl Wrote: Yes - sorry, forgot to mention that. If I play from Windows Explorer through MPC-HC it works just fine. Same with a File>open.
If you haven't enable "use windows fullscreen rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC, you need to enable it....

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - aexl - 2012-12-12

I have that enabled - it does the same thing whether it is enabled or not.

(2012-12-12, 00:09)aexl Wrote: I have that enabled - it does the same thing whether it is enabled or not.
Can you post your playercore factory code in here?

As follows:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mplayerc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

What version is your MPC-HC? My MPC-HC is 1.6.4, and I don't have mplayerc.exe. My exe is mpc-hc64. Otherwise, your playercorefactory look fine....

Yeah - my playercorefactory works fine (version 1.6.4 as well, but I set the path) - it launches the media player and everything, but I get a cannot render file message. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with having my username and password for the password protected share in the file name when it sends it to MPC. It's like the {1} I have doesn't fix the SMB path and make it into something MPC can read.

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - bluc - 2012-12-23

So I have my external player setup tmt5 "uTotalMediaTheatre5" for playing sbs mkv. Problem is when the video stops I cannot return to xbmc as my remote contol will not close the player( It controls the tmt5 interface used by media center fine but for sbs video prefer the uTotalMediaTheatre5 interface as it automatically switchs the video to 3d without having to adjust the tv) So anyone know how to map the key comb ctrl-x to a button on the remote? It is a haupagge media center remote and uses the ehome driver. All other functions within xbmc work fine it is just closing arcsoft at the end of the video. Cheers

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Geezer32 - 2012-12-23

Trying to get Powerdvd12 to launch as external player with no success. I keep getting message "Extenal player active press OK when finished"
The external player never actually launches though, when I press ok it just closed the popup and nothing happens.

This is the xml file used

Thanks in advance

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PowerDVD12.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="*.*" player="PowerDVD">
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - bluray - 2012-12-23

(2012-12-23, 03:55)Geezer32 Wrote: Trying to get Powerdvd12 to launch as external player with no success. I keep getting message "Extenal player active press OK when finished"
The external player never actually launches though, when I press ok it just closed the popup and nothing happens.

This is the xml file used

Thanks in advance

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PowerDVD12.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="*.*" player="PowerDVD">
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
Try to replace this line <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args> with this <args>"{1}"</args> and make sure to tick "Full screen windows rather than true full screen" in XBMC....

Re: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - bluc - 2012-12-23

You can use rules to configure external player I only use external player for 3d files. Bit of a pain to setup though.

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Geezer32 - 2012-12-23

[/quote]Try to replace this line <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args> with this <args>"{1}"</args> and make sure to un-tick "Full screen windows rather than true full screen" in XBMC....

Tried that with the args, no change I'm afraid. Always comes up with "external player active". I do have "Full screen windows rather than true full screen" ticked as well

thanks

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - bluray - 2012-12-23

(2012-12-23, 07:46)Geezer32 Wrote: Try to replace this line <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args> with this <args>"{1}"</args> and make sure to un-tick "Full screen windows rather than true full screen" in XBMC....

Tried that with the args, no change I'm afraid. Always comes up with "external player active". I do have "Full screen windows rather than true full screen" ticked as well

thanks
What files are you trying to playback with external player?

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Skank - 2012-12-23

Is there a way , to use an external player like mpc-hc but keep the gui of the xbmc player?
I hate the xbmcplayer cause it has lots of issues but love the nice gui
I hate mpc-hc cause of the gui but i just loves the player cause it plays everything without any issue
Also if i use mpc-hc , i cant use the subtitle addon..