XBMC Community Forum
[RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon - Printable Version

+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-ons Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon (/showthread.php?tid=43966)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16


RE: [RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon - stacked - 2012-07-14 19:27

(2012-07-14 16:54)scubamut Wrote:  I'm struggling to play videos from "Keeping Score". Audio/video stutters.

http://pastebin.com/BcHVSbnV

Even if I try to play the video with my external player (MPC-HC64) with "play using", the core dvdplayer is loaded and fails to render the video as above.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Just played the first 2 minutes of "Keeping Score - Mahler: Legacy" and didn't see any audio/video stutters.


RE: [RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon - scubamut - 2012-07-14 20:56

Thanks for testing it - any idea what my problem could be? Is your system also 64 bit windows?


RE: [RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon - scubamut - 2012-07-14 21:31

UPDATE

Sorry stacked - my fault entirely! I was using an old HD version (XBMCSetup-11.0+HD-audio-20120325-dx). The latest version (XBMCSetup-11.0+HD-audio-20120417-2f965ac-dx) works fine.


RE: [RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon - bhmh - 2012-07-26 22:24

Hi there,

The american masters videos don't seem to be working. The list of episodes loads up, but the video doesn't begin.

any ideas?


(also - i'm not sure if this is the wrong place to post, but - as you are also the name on the tmz add-on, that stopped working today too....)

Cheers


RE: [RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon - artrafael - 2012-07-26 23:03

(2012-07-26 22:24)bhmh Wrote:  The american masters videos don't seem to be working. The list of episodes loads up, but the video doesn't begin.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

I just tried the PBS add-on (vers. 2.0.1) and all the listed American Masters episodes played for me.

Enable debugging in XBMC and attempt to play an episode. When it fails to play, exit XBMC and look in your debug log to see what the problem may be. If you want others to review your debug log, upload it to http://www.pastebin.com or http://www.xbmclogs.com and post the URL for that uploaded log here. Do not post the log itself here.


RE: [RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon - bhmh - 2012-07-26 23:39

thank you for the welcome and the information, artrafael.

i have done as you recommended and here is the pastebin link to the debug log. http://pastebin.com/MF1JJUVF

once again, thank you.


RE: [RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon - artrafael - 2012-07-26 23:54

Looks like geo-blocking. Are you outside of the US?


RE: [RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon - stacked - 2012-07-27 00:04

(2012-07-26 22:24)bhmh Wrote:  Hi there,

The american masters videos don't seem to be working. The list of episodes loads up, but the video doesn't begin.

any ideas?


(also - i'm not sure if this is the wrong place to post, but - as you are also the name on the tmz add-on, that stopped working today too....)

Cheers

Sorry, it looks like the videos are geo-locked. From the debug log you posted, it said: "You are not in a geographic region that has access to this content." I'm going to add a disclaimer in the next update.

btw, I just posted an update for TMZ. It should be in the xbmc repo in a few hours.

Thanks for the help artrafael.Wink


RE: [RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon - bhmh - 2012-07-27 00:08

in canada, so i guess only some pbs stuff works here. ah well...

thanks to both of you for the help


RE: [RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon - argh! - 2012-07-28 08:55

Too bad - I'm also in Canada and a few things will not play. 'dems the breaks.\

Still loving this plugin though.


RE: [RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon - stacked - 2012-07-28 08:59

(2012-07-28 08:55)argh! Wrote:  Too bad - I'm also in Canada and a few things will not play. 'dems the breaks.\

Still loving this plugin though.

Yeah, thank sucks.

What exactly happens when you try to play a blocked video? Do you get an error message from XBMC? Or nothing happens when you try to play?


RE: [RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon - the_dudeman - 2012-10-12 23:48

Hello all, I'm a total newbie or noob if you will to xbmc. I have just installed it a couple of days agon on my older mac mini. It's works great for the most part. The other night 10/10/12 I was able to play Frontline in the PBS plugin, but last night it would not work. All of the other shows (that I tried) like Nova work fine. I have the latest version 11 eden.

Again, I know nothing about this or how to send you any kind of bug report unless you give me the steps to send these errors to you.

I hope this get's resolved as I LOVE this plugin and love PBS and love Frontline possibly more than any other show.

Thanks stacked for this, please resolve for me.

Oh also, I have a super old ipod touch iOS 3.1.3 are there any xvmc remotes for this? I found one xbmckey, but can't figure out how to get it to work. It asks for my ip which i entered but it wants a port too. The default is 80 so i left it, but it won't connect.

dudeman


RE: [RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon - stacked - 2012-10-13 08:09

Quote:Hello all, I'm a total newbie or noob if you will to xbmc. I have just installed it a couple of days agon on my older mac mini. It's works great for the most part. The other night 10/10/12 I was able to play Frontline in the PBS plugin, but last night it would not work. All of the other shows (that I tried) like Nova work fine. I have the latest version 11 eden.

I just tested a few Frontline programs and they played fine. Which Frontline program is not playing?

Quote:Oh also, I have a super old ipod touch iOS 3.1.3 are there any xvmc remotes for this? I found one xbmckey, but can't figure out how to get it to work. It asks for my ip which i entered but it wants a port too. The default is 80 so i left it, but it won't connect.

I don't know too much about that remote, but make sure you have the XBMC webserver enabled. Go to System > Services > Webserver > Allow control.... You will be using the IP address of the computer XBMC is running on. Leave the port on 80.


RE: [RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon - the_dudeman - 2012-10-13 17:55

Thanks stacked, I'll give it a spin tonight and report back, as of last night, it didn't work. Also, my heart sank when trying to watch Nova instead, and it too failed initially, But when I tried again, it worked. There is no particular show on Frontline failing, when I choose the main category; Frontline, it fails. Same with Nova last night. It's like the whole show (Frontline/Nova) is failing to pull down episodes. But as I mentioned , I'll try again.

But when they work, they work beautifully.

BTW and just an fyi type of thing; I have a clean fresh install of Mountain Lion and no other apps installed except XBMC.

I figured out the remote and you're right, I had to enable the server. The port however is 8080, which was the default listed in xbmc so I just entered that on the iPod and it worked. It's a pretty basic remote but it works. I wish it could open xbmc as I don't want it running at startup.

I had a request that I saw you responded to in another thread and you mentioned you could write something for it. I can't find that thread atm and don't mean to hijack this thread. But just a quick line to ask about it and then I can post to the proper thread if I know where it is:

The thread was about XfinityTv. I am a Comcast subscriber and they have a bunch of content online now. But it seems like it is being hosted on hulu, or something. You would know better than me about how they are doing it. But I've watched a couple of shows and you see the show/channel logo in one corner and then the hulu logo in another corner. So obviously hulu has something to do with it, but I'll bet you know all of that. Also, some shows listed on the Xfinity site are only viewable if you pay an additional $4.99 a month. I'll bet in reality this like paying for a hulu plus account only at a reduced rate because you are already paying for cable. Maybe?

Anyway, an xbmc XfinityTV channel would be awesome! My goal is to watch everything through xbmc and maybe one day the hulu and xbmcnetflix plugins will be released and if we had this Xfinity plugin, I would never need to leave xbmc.

dudeman


RE: [RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon - stacked - 2012-10-13 21:06

Quote:Thanks stacked, I'll give it a spin tonight and report back, as of last night, it didn't work. Also, my heart sank when trying to watch Nova instead, and it too failed initially, But when I tried again, it worked. There is no particular show on Frontline failing, when I choose the main category; Frontline, it fails. Same with Nova last night. It's like the whole show (Frontline/Nova) is failing to pull down episodes. But as I mentioned , I'll try again.

But when they work, they work beautifully.

BTW and just an fyi type of thing; I have a clean fresh install of Mountain Lion and no other apps installed except XBMC.

Enable debug logging, reproduce the error, post the log on pastebin.com, then post the link back here.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Debug-log

Quote:I had a request that I saw you responded to in another thread and you mentioned you could write something for it. I can't find that thread atm and don't mean to hijack this thread. But just a quick line to ask about it and then I can post to the proper thread if I know where it is:

The thread was about XfinityTv. I am a Comcast subscriber and they have a bunch of content online now. But it seems like it is being hosted on hulu, or something. You would know better than me about how they are doing it. But I've watched a couple of shows and you see the show/channel logo in one corner and then the hulu logo in another corner. So obviously hulu has something to do with it, but I'll bet you know all of that. Also, some shows listed on the Xfinity site are only viewable if you pay an additional $4.99 a month. I'll bet in reality this like paying for a hulu plus account only at a reduced rate because you are already paying for cable. Maybe?

Anyway, an xbmc XfinityTV channel would be awesome! My goal is to watch everything through xbmc and maybe one day the hulu and xbmcnetflix plugins will be released and if we had this Xfinity plugin, I would never need to leave xbmc.

dudeman

Sad Sorry. I currently don't have any interest in creating another addon. Plus, I'm not a Comcast subscriber, so it would be impossible for me. If you want to play hulu videos on XBMC, check out this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121023&highlight=hulu