Kodi Community Forum
MiniMeedia - New Skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MiniMeedia (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+----- Thread: MiniMeedia - New Skin (/showthread.php?tid=44433)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

- skunkm0nkee - 2009-04-16

Since the skin is all about being minimal so that the fanart/custom backgrounds can show themselves I seriously doubt there will be a wall view.

Coding of the new views has been slow (mostly due to the fact I've been away from home so often recently) but I've no more holiday plans for the next few weeks so things should start moving a lot quicker again.

Am also trying to push the development along by posting updates on twitter, http://twitter.com/skunkm0nkee. My thinking is that if I want to post stuff on twitter then I need something to post so that will make me work quicker! Huh

- Bram77 - 2009-04-16

This skin looks like a fantastic alternative to Focus. Lightweight thus XBOX friendly (I suppose?) I'm looking forward to the release!
Will it support PAL16x9?

- skunkm0nkee - 2009-04-16

Bram77 Wrote:Will it support PAL16x9?

It's being developed with 720p in mind but I'll be testing it on 16x9 before release.

- Bram77 - 2009-04-16

Great. If needed I can help testing. I'm not a skinner, but I can ajust font sizes for a pal tv.

- xbs08 - 2009-04-17

Looking forward to this skin too, especially on the xbox Wink
If you need some testing i'll be glad to help on the xbox, windows and ubuntu.

- skunkm0nkee - 2009-04-20

Things are moving along quite nicely at the moment (that's probably a cue for another workload to come my way and spoil it!)

I'm still working my way through the new view ideas. I've coded 4 of them in basic form so just need to polish them up a bit, add animation and make sure they all work consistently.

The first of these 4 is now almost completed so I thought it would be a good time to post a screenshot.

Waterfall view:

Still hoping to release this skin sometime in the next few weeks.

- sincro - 2009-04-20

WOW, looking very nice Big Grin

- skunkm0nkee - 2009-04-22

Making progress on the views, not quite as quickly as I would like but since I don't really have much time at the moment there's not too much I can do.

Have made some changes and added a bit of polish (animations etc) to another new view and this one is called Exhibit. It was originally designed for Photo's (the central poster will not be shown for pictures as the full background will be taken up but the focused photo) but seems to work quite well as a large poster view (but still keeps a lot of the background visible).

Next up is the Exposure view, this is one I'm not too sure about as I don't really know how it will work once the animation code is done (it could look brilliant or it could just be messy and confusing) but I'll give it a try anyway.

- K-FleX - 2009-04-23

That's really awesome work. Keep going - I'm hanging for it.

- skunkm0nkee - 2009-04-23

Been playing about with another view currently called Exposure, although the name is likely to change (if the view survives the cut). I like the look of it when it's static but the coding of the animations is proving to be a bit troublesome (to say the least!)

The idea behind it is that it will look something like the following:

This screenshot is missing all the info details, nice touches etc but it does shows the positioning of the thumbs which is what I'm having the problems with.

It's actually a wraplist for the central row and the background rows are shown by using image controls and ListItem(x).Thumb info (along with some conditional slide anims to make sure the background thumbs stay the same even when you navigate left/right in the central row).

The real problem I have is that I want to have a nice animation when the user moves up/down but to do that I think I need to have some sort of Container.OnNextRow/Container.OnPreviousRow type info. Obviously that is not going to happen whilst XBMC is in feature freeze so can anyone think of another way of acheiving the same effect?

I quite like the idea behind this view and the way it could look so it would be a shame if I had to can it.

- keeganl - 2009-04-28

Wow, the Exposure view looks amazing. Good luck with the coding. Looking at your work, I instantly have a feeling of familiarity. It has the same feel as Mediastream while being completely different. I wish you the best of luck with the Exposure view and the skin.

- skunkm0nkee - 2009-04-28

Thanks! I've been really busy with work the last few days so haven't really been able to spend much time on it.

The last time I did look at it the Exposure view was in serious danger of being canned as I don't think it's viable with the current skinning engine. Still it might happen in the future so at least it's out there as an idea now.

There's a Low List view (simple list view which takes up a small slice of lower part of the screen) that I'm trying to polish up and finish at the moment. Then I'll need to do some spot checks before releasing this puppy out in the wild. (Assuming I can get JustMeD to do some changes to the fonts, as they are missing quite a few characters)

- keeganl - 2009-04-28

not too sure what I can offer to this particular project, but if there is anything you might need, I would be glad to lend a hand. I just got my brand new shiny copy of photoshop CS4, so I'm ready to test that sucker out. No more Gimp for me! I digress. As I said, if i can help you in any way, it would be a pleasure.

- artik - 2009-04-28

keeganl Wrote:I just got my brand new shiny copy of photoshop CS4,
oh my god .. so slowww !

- lompelurt - 2009-04-29

Is the low list view anything like this.

It's a mockup I found in Minimalko mod tread. It's a shame it didn't got made,
because I loved it Big Grin