Kodi Community Forum
MiniMeedia - New Skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MiniMeedia (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+----- Thread: MiniMeedia - New Skin (/showthread.php?tid=44433)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

- skunkm0nkee - 2009-04-29

I had forgotten about that one but I must have taken it in subconsciously because it does share similarities! Will post a screenshot soon

- lompelurt - 2009-04-29

Great news Big Grin
Looking forward to see the screenshoot.

- skunkm0nkee - 2009-04-29

Been playing about with the low list view today and thought it was about time I posted a screenshot.

It's still a bit work in progress as I'm not totally sure on the positioning and sizing of the various elements but this will give you an idea of where I'm at with it.

Low List (movies):

Low List (tv shows):

- paul - 2009-04-29

It's looking good though not so keen on the font but i do like the low list view
And it does have the mediastream look to it, will you have a choice of font styles etc like you did with mediastream?

- paularms - 2009-04-29

paul Wrote:It's looking good though not so keen on the font but i do like the low list view
And it does have the mediastream look to it, will you have a choice of font styles etc like you did with mediastream?

I agree with paul's feelings on the font(s?). They definitely have too much of that "comic sans" feeling to them.

- minimalko - 2009-04-29

lompelurt Wrote:Is the low list view anything like this.

It's a mockup I found in Minimalko mod tread. It's a shame it didn't got made,
because I loved it Big Grin

This actually is working screenshot, not just a mockup. I had this view working. Never released it however.

- Feanor - 2009-04-29

paularms Wrote:I agree with paul's feelings on the font(s?). They definitely have too much of that "comic sans" feeling to them.

I was thinking the same, I would have go with a more... serious, minimalistic font (helvetica? avantgarde?)

- xbs08 - 2009-04-29

I think the movie poster could be smaller to show more of the fanart unless there's a way to hide it.

A thin, more stylish font would do a better job, that one is too cartoonish.

- keeganl - 2009-04-30

I love the idea behind this as well. The font looks very comic like. I prefer the clean, sleek look. Would there be an option for posters for tv that would look like the movie posters. I personally prefer the posters over wide banners. But once again, that's just my preference. I truly love the concept. Very minimal while still giving you all the information. Love it.

- paul - 2009-04-30

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks the font is spoiling the overall look of the skin.
No offence intended Skunkmonkee. just throwing in my humble oppinion but as i said before if theres a choice of font styles then problemo keeps all happySmile

- skunkm0nkee - 2009-04-30

keeganl Wrote:I love the idea behind this as well. The font looks very comic like. I prefer the clean, sleek look. Would there be an option for posters for tv that would look like the movie posters. I personally prefer the posters over wide banners. But once again, that's just my preference. I truly love the concept. Very minimal while still giving you all the information. Love it.

At the moment there are no plans for other fonts as I wanted a different look with the font since most other skins seems to have very staid and boring fonts. Perhaps I'll change my mind in time but at the moment the planned release will only include the one set of fonts.

I've considered those that use portrait/poster images for their TV shows and that's an option I built in early on in the skin development.

- xbs08 - 2009-04-30

In tv show view, the tv show banner seems too small and a lot of space is empty after the tv show name, maybe tv shows could be pushed more to the side to give space for a bigger banner.

- skunkm0nkee - 2009-04-30

xbs08 Wrote:I think the movie poster could be smaller to show more of the fanart unless there's a way to hide it.

I haven't added that option to the code yet but it is an option I'm considering.

xbs08 Wrote:In tv show view, the tv show banner seems too small and a lot of space is empty after the tv show name, maybe tv shows could be pushed more to the side to give space for a bigger banner.

Yep, valid point will do some testing and see how it works (there are long show names like CSI... and I have to cope with foreign show names which could be longer too)

- XBMCG33K - 2009-04-30

I don't know but i have to say man i really like it.

- keeganl - 2009-04-30

paul Wrote:Glad I'm not the only one who thinks the font is spoiling the overall look of the skin.
No offence intended Skunkmonkee. just throwing in my humble oppinion but as i said before if theres a choice of font styles then problemo keeps all happySmile

I agree that options are great and we'll keep more people happy with your skin, but I don't feel that the font is spoiling the skin. Actually the more I look at the screen shots, the more I like the font. Just my two cents.