Kodi Community Forum
MiniMeedia - New Skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MiniMeedia (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+----- Thread: MiniMeedia - New Skin (/showthread.php?tid=44433)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

- skunkm0nkee - 2009-05-11

davegregoire Wrote:In the movies section, are you displaying the resolution media flag? All of my videos are contain the the res in the NFO so aeon can pick it up and I really really like the way this skin is going. Is there going to be support for that?

Not at the moment -
skunkm0nkee Wrote:One of the more obvious recent changes has been the inclusion of studio and ratings flags for movies. Currently I'm not planning on doing video/audio format flags until the relevant information is in the video database. (I don't really want to have to rename my files to achieve it atm, and don't really want to force others to do it either).

- davegregoire - 2009-05-11

Thanks man. Sorry I missed it earlier.

File Manager - paul - 2009-05-12

Hi skunkmonkee are you planning on putting a filemanager into this fine looking skin?
As the new trend seems to be not to put them into skins any more (not saying which skins)
What's your view on this?

- K-FleX - 2009-05-12

Great looking screenshots.

Its good to see a truly minimalistic skin. It's awesome that you've kept function over form as #1 priority - and this includes your stance on external flagging & nfos. I tried to do it but I had to put it all in the too hard basket.

Keep up the good work.

- zeltak - 2009-05-12

Hi skunkm0nkee

I am very very excited over the new skin. It looks like youv'e covered all i ever wanted from a skin Smile.

Just to make sure there is no anti-climax like with Aeon..will it be able to run on 4:3? I really really hope you haven't forgotten about us "normal" guys (uni students with no money Wink)..Nod that are still stuck with old TV's

Thx

Zeltak

- skunkm0nkee - 2009-05-12

paul Wrote:Hi skunkmonkee are you planning on putting a filemanager into this fine looking skin?
As the new trend seems to be not to put them into skins any more (not saying which skins)
What's your view on this?

Yep, file manager is coded. I coded it quite a while back, and never actually use it myself, so I'll have to have another look at it to make sure I actually finished it but it should be in there.

zeltak Wrote:Just to make sure there is no anti-climax like with Aeon..will it be able to run on 4:3? I really really hope you haven't forgotten about us "normal" guys (uni students with no money Wink)..Nod that are still stuck with old TV's

At the moment I haven't tested it on 4:3 as I don't have a 4:3 TV anymore (I had one when I adapted MediaStream) so it's unlikely to happen but I can't completely rule it out. Will just have to see ho wthe demand goes and whether or not I can find the time.

- paul - 2009-05-12

skunkm0nkee Wrote:Yep, file manager is coded. I coded it quite a while back, and never actually use it myself, so I'll have to have another look at it to make sure I actually finished it but it should be in there.

At the moment I haven't tested it on 4:3 as I don't have a 4:3 TV anymore (I had one when I adapted MediaStream) so it's unlikely to happen but I can't completely rule it out. Will just have to see ho wthe demand goes and whether or not I can find the time.
Great news skunkmonkee will have to give it a try seeing as your including everything i need in a skin!Smile

Home screen with sub-menu - skunkm0nkee - 2009-05-12

Sorry, things have been a bit manic at work and at home so haven't had a chance to post any screenshots until now.

First up is the Home screen with the Music item selected and the sub-menu activated.

The skin itself contains no real background images (other than a white noise background which is shown when no other background is available). That means that all the backgrounds will come from fanart or custom backgrounds that you want to use.

I plan to offer some download links to sets of background images that I'm currently using with the skin. This will be good to get most people started but if you already have your own backgrounds (for skins like Aeon etc) then you'll be good to go.

Default List view for Episodes - skunkm0nkee - 2009-05-12

Next up illustrates how the default list view works for TV show episodes.

Unfortunately the machine I picked these screenshots from has data from an out of date scraper which doesn't have the ratings for the TV shows. The blank section above the First Aired date should contain the rating logo (and hopefully in the future the TV network logo too) so try and imagine it yourself for now! (Before I release the skin I will be updating the code so that area will be filled with the Genre if there is no rating or studio data)

The above screenshot if the out of the box version of the List view but there are options to hide the thumb image (in the top right of the screen) and also to show the plot. The screenshot below illustrates the view with the Show Plot option enabled.

Low List view for Episodes - skunkm0nkee - 2009-05-13

Finally (for now), here is a screenshot of the Low List view for TV show episodes (as before you'll need to imagine the rating/logo images!)

I'll hopefully have a bit more spare time tomorrow and will post further screenshots. If you have anything specific you'd like to see, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

The release of the skin is still planned for sometime before the end of the week (Sunday at the latest).

- thonton - 2009-05-13

cant wait to see this skin in action.
will it works well on xbox?

- K-FleX - 2009-05-13

skunkm0nkee Wrote:The release of the skin is still planned for sometime before the end of the week (Sunday at the latest).

Awesome!

Did the exposure view make the cut for movies?

skunkm0nkee Wrote:If you have anything specific you'd like to see, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I'd really love to see the OSD if you have the time.

- paul - 2009-05-13

I love your low list tv view i did not think that would look any where near as good as that.
Keep up the great work your doing.

- FernFerret - 2009-05-13

Looks cool, I'll definitely give this one a try!

Great work!

--FF

- skunkm0nkee - 2009-05-13

thonton Wrote:will it works well on xbox?

Yep, it should do. I've been using it on my xbox at home since January without a problem. There shouldn't be any major memory problems as the skin is pretty minimal and there aren't many large textures in the xpr at all.

K-FleX Wrote:Did the exposure view make the cut for movies?
Nope Exposure view has been culled, for now, until I can figure out a way to get it to animate properly.

K-FleX Wrote:I'd really love to see the OSD if you have the time.

Will see what I can do.