Kodi Community Forum
Serenity - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Serenity (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=104)
+----- Thread: Serenity (/showthread.php?tid=44469)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

- xbs08 - 2009-03-06

Longer changelogs means t3ch's only building montly, before she/he released a build every week.

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-06

xbs08 Wrote:Longer changelogs means t3ch's only building montly, before she/he released a build every week.

True...but that was something that was announced/decided due to the slowed focus on the Xbox front itself...

- Waffa - 2009-03-06

I did test with the 25-01 T3CH build.
And I have no issues with this build.

- crash123 - 2009-03-07

I think longer chnge logs are fine it means plenty of work is still being done on XBMC and that a lot of it is still being and able to be ported.

What will be scary is when those same monthly change logs star getting shorter and shorter.

- asphinx - 2009-03-07

--> digitalhigh, I just noticed your post in my thread (maybe I'm not as active as I'd like to think) Smile Anyways, thanks for the very simply solution to getting custom poster in Library view working, haven't tested it yet, but seems simple enough.

Also, with no thread-jacking intentions, check my first (updated) post for a complete list of the genre's which the new and improved Poster-Pack will contain. Smile They'll come in multiple flavours with and without text labels. Wink

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-07

Oy veigh...I'm now on hour four of trying to get this video put together for you guys. Six times to get the full-screen recording to go. Then transfer it to my main workstation. Then compress. Then crop. Then add the sound that's supposed to be playing in the BG but didn't record. Then compress again. Then realize that the damned compression didn't do anything and realize you just wasted fifteen minutes to which you could have been uploading to youtube. Then wait for a 200mb video to upload to youtube.

Long story short...expect a video in about an hour and a half. And, of course, in watching it several times over, I noticed and fixed a bunch of bugs...like the genre button not giving up focus in the TV section, and the info boxes not being animated or positioned correctly. The point is to show you how everything actually flows together, and how customizeable the views actually are.

- paul - 2009-03-07

Waffa Wrote:I did test with the 25-01 T3CH build.
And I have no issues with this build.
Am downloading that build now god help my xbox if it's no betterLaugh
Thanks for the tip

- paul - 2009-03-07

joebrady Wrote:Paul: I believe I'm running the T3ch version from 1-25. I've heard so many bad things about the recent builds that I don't want to update cause everything is working smoothly for me at the moment.

DH: Did you edit where the free memory is shown? Mine overlaps the top menus...
Will let you know how i go on with the same build as you as looking.
As at the moment my screens look nothing like digitals screens. odd indeed

Thanks guys that did the trick this build play's nicely with Serenity 2009-01-25 rev17349..
Huge sigh of relief for my xbox

- kizer - 2009-03-07

Cool. I thought I was nuts. My build seemed buggy and well unresponsive. I'll have to update it later tonight when I can kick the girls off it. Gawd I hate chick movies. Wink

- keeganl - 2009-03-07

No disrespect meant to team Blackbolt, but today we hit a milestone, at least for us. Myself and Digital have been gauging the interest of our skin based on views and overall posts to the thread, but it has all been in comparison to team Blackbolts Ellipsis skin. Today we have officially passed up them up in the number of views to our little thread.

So thank you to everyone who has given ideas, been testing, or is just generally interested in this skin. Keep the feedback coming. It makes a huge difference in our motivation.

Digital should have the new video posted soon.

Thank you all very much.

- kizer - 2009-03-07

Gave 1-25-2009 on the Xbox and it ran much better. I play with it some more and note what I thought was funky when I can.

I did notice that when you viewed the small plots in movie view it hid behind the movie list in library mode. I couldn't read it.

- Waffa - 2009-03-07

Had some time to play with the skin. And have some suggestions and ideas.

"Arrow down" on menu you'll get a pulldown (option menu), so I would make "Arrow up" (settings pulldown menu). This can be done in home, movies, tv shows and music. So you can set for each category view type, sort by, set default and so on.

I've got a big music/movie library so I miss an scrollbar. I know if you start from genre (music) you'll probaly won't need it and that's the way you should use your library but for example searching for artist I need an scrollbar or the "trigger" from the xbox controller.

I personally don't like the the square movie folders. I would go for normal and a little carrousel.
Also would I use the info button to display an info.

But have to say it, this is a very nice and clean skin with great ideas.
You guys are looking in the right direction and did what I wanted, using my backgrounds and fanart and looking to them without all kind off overlays.

Waiting for the video and see the progresses that were made.

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-07

Waffa Wrote:Had some time to play with the skin. And have some suggestions and ideas.

"Arrow down" on menu you'll get a pulldown (option menu), so I would make "Arrow up" (settings pulldown menu). This can be done in home, movies, tv shows and music. So you can set for each category view type, sort by, set default and so on.

I've got a big music/movie library so I miss an scrollbar. I know if you start from genre (music) you'll probaly won't need it and that's the way you should use your library but for example searching for artist I need an scrollbar or the "trigger" from the xbox controller.

I personally don't like the the square movie folders. I would go for normal and a little carrousel.
Also would I use the info button to display an info.

But have to say it, this is a very nice and clean skin with great ideas.
You guys are looking in the right direction and did what I wanted, using my backgrounds and fanart and looking to them without all kind off overlays.

Waiting for the video and see the progresses that were made.

The only problem is that arrow up was reserved for the ghost playlist feature. I could set this to only work on a left command, but that somewhat limits how quickly you can get at it. I dunno...I'll give it some thought.

There is actually a scrollbar implemented already in the panel view...it probably wouldn't take much to add a flag to make it visible for those of you who don't have an xbox controller. Wink

Maybe stick it to the top of the panel view and keep it at the very bottom of the screen?

I can't get myself past the square covers...but I hear what people are saying, so I'll be sure to add a standard cover view as well. And the carousel idea...I actually did a mockup the other night showing how I'd like to implement that carousel view.

Okay, so I copied the idea from a "Time Warner Cable Movies on Demand" commercial, but I still like it. Here's that mockup:

Odds are, I'd probably try to add more covers tho, so there were a whole buttload of em flying around when you scroll. Dunno how memory-intensive that will be, however. I'll try putting it together...

@kizer -

I fixed that problem with the infopanels showing up the wrong way...it was a leftover from me re-engineering everything to work with multiple viewtypes...

And ixnay on the idvay for now. Damned youtube sat all night last night and it never uploaded, so I'm gonna make a new one when I have time. Not gonna happen today tho...

- Waffa - 2009-03-08

digitalhigh Wrote:The only problem is that arrow up was reserved for the ghost playlist feature. I could set this to only work on a left command, but that somewhat limits how quickly you can get at it. I dunno...I'll give it some thought.
Maybe it's a thought to put the ghost playlist feature in "arrow up" pulldown settings menu.

Btw like the mockup too. Almost what I had in my mind. The one I had in mind would start lower and with a little more curve and main cover 3D view.

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-08

Waffa Wrote:Maybe it's a thought to put the ghost playlist feature in "arrow up" pulldown settings menu.

Btw like the mockup too. Almost what I had in my mind. The one I had in mind would start lower and with a little more curve and main cover 3D view.

That might be tricky...would require a seperate set of buttons for each action.
Not impossible...just a bit of backflipping to make it work.

The mockup is *very* rough. As in, pieced together in about ten minutes rough. I'll definitely obsess over the finite details of it once I get it working.