Kodi Community Forum
Serenity - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Serenity (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=104)
+----- Thread: Serenity (/showthread.php?tid=44469)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

- asphinx - 2009-03-24

Have you tried F5, it is there.. link

I named it Movie Genre Posters, by digitalhigh & asphinx

- kizer - 2009-03-24

As for thumbnails as long as you can see the thumbs while scrolling through the list of all the episodes I'm happy. Do I need to see the episode thumbnail on every screen not really.

I normally just like to see the plot of an episode while scrolling through them all to know if I've seen it already or not. So I guess it really depends on where the plot is in relation to the episode image while your looking through them and if you remove the plot from the scrolling through the episodes to a separate window then I'd guess and say yeah you'd need the episode image in both places.

- keeganl - 2009-03-24

Sorry I have been very out of the loop lately. Life has hit one of those spots where craziness has ensued. I have been either out of town on business or working all the time on other business. I have a full time job and also a project myself and a friend are working on. Both together have consumed all of my extra time as of late. Hopefully I am back and have time to dedicate to this project again.

Digital--about my platform.
I do not use ATV, but I do run XBMC on my Macbook. For those curious, Serenity runs very VERY well on XBMC for mac. Unfortunately not so much on PLEX. The reason is because PLEX has evolved quite a bit in a different direction since it split from XBMC.

I have not tested on the xbox, but I do have the ability.

Ultimately I can't believe that less than 4 months ago, I posted screenshots that I randomly put together one day because I thought it would be a sweet skin. Now, we have something that is nearly complete and that a lot of people are excited about. Many many thanks to DigitalHigh. This would not exist without you. You have put more time and energy into this thing than I have and it's turned out to be a very bad@$$ skin. I'm updating right now from the FTP. Can't wait to see how the movie section has turned out.

Thanks again to everyone for vocalizing your anticipation for this project. I hope we can live up to your expectations. Everyone should find out very soon.

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-24

keeganl Wrote:Sorry I have been very out of the loop lately. Life has hit one of those spots where craziness has ensued. I have been either out of town on business or working all the time on other business. I have a full time job and also a project myself and a friend are working on. Both together have consumed all of my extra time as of late. Hopefully I am back and have time to dedicate to this project again.

Digital--about my platform.
I do not use ATV, but I do run XBMC on my Macbook. For those curious, Serenity runs very VERY well on XBMC for mac. Unfortunately not so much on PLEX. The reason is because PLEX has evolved quite a bit in a different direction since it split from XBMC.

I have not tested on the xbox, but I do have the ability.

Ultimately I can't believe that less than 4 months ago, I posted screenshots that I randomly put together one day because I thought it would be a sweet skin. Now, we have something that is nearly complete and that a lot of people are excited about. Many many thanks to DigitalHigh. This would not exist without you. You have put more time and energy into this thing than I have and it's turned out to be a very bad@$$ skin. I'm updating right now from the FTP. Can't wait to see how the movie section has turned out.

Thanks again to everyone for vocalizing your anticipation for this project. I hope we can live up to your expectations. Everyone should find out very soon.

Thanks for that. Big Grin

If you wanna help a brutha out, you could try your hand at an episode info concept along the lines of what I posted above. I'm having a helluva time coming up with something that looks good, has all the info, and still works with the feel of the skin. I'd like to have the ep picture, showname, season/episode number, watched icon, and network information.

I've already come up with a rather elegant way of making the episode/shownumber always come out in the format S00E00...even if the ep# is only one digit.

I also think that I'm *almost* on the verge of having a viable way to represent the network logo without any extra work on the part of the end-user.

All this combined makes for one heck of a nice TV section. Oh...I also got this working:

So...IDK. Maybe the episode view isn't so bad like this? Big Grin

- kizer - 2009-03-24

Is there still going to be support to show the episode image? Maybe in the bottom right corner? Or is that what you see when you click view info after the episode is selected?

- deano72 - 2009-03-24

digital, as per conversation last night.....would it be possible to be a tester for AppleTV, since keegan is using a macbook?
Cheers,
Dean

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-24

If you're in list view, the episode image displays in the lower right. Pressing right brings up the infopanel shown.

If you're in tileview, then the episodeimages are displayed along the bottom, and pressing down brings up the infopanel.

I'm still trying to figure out how to do it, honestly. I've got the workings of it down, I just need to nail a style for it...

Edit: Gonna go have a smoke, then I'll finally make up a video for everybody. Wink

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-25

As the comments on the page would suggest, there is still stuff that needs fixing. This is just a snapshot of what to expect from the full version.

Also, it may appear that the extra media stuff isn't showing up, when in actuality, I just haven't saved them for every movie in my collection yet. So the scrolling around is me trying to find videos that I had downloaded stuff for. Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBq280nCdrk

- xbs08 - 2009-03-25

wow! can't wait to try it!

xbs08 Wrote:wow! can't wait to try it!

And the video really doesn't do it justice. I put it together in a hurry, couldn't get the sound to record, my visualization wouldn't work even if I could get the sound to record (it'd go for about 30 seconds and then cut out)...

Not to mention that I always notice the tiny flaws I'd forgotten about when I'm trying to put together a video. It's a fight.

SO, if anybody knows of a good program that does onscreen video capture with good quality and low overhead...please, do tell. I would really like to put together a good video...

- kizer - 2009-03-25

I really dig the signature of Serenity on the skin. That's kinda cool.

kizer Wrote:I really dig the signature of Serenity on the skin. That's kinda cool.

Awesome...I was on the fence about that one as well, but I decided to go for it. I used the same font in the banner for the website.

I also plan on having a little splash screen with that graphic on startup. Wink

Update:

FINALLY got the custom fade times for backgrounds set up and working properly. I've had it implemented for a while, just had no way to control it. So, I fixed that:

I also sat down and created an animated startup/splash, with sound. The picture doesn't even begin to do it justice, but if you look at the screenie, the text highlight fades in like a flickering lightbulb, then the text itself pops in and a pretty little "aaaaaahhhhh" sound is played. Only takes about 4 seconds, and I don't think the sound is too obnoxious. Testers...this is already on FTP, so go nuts. Wink

- Waffa - 2009-03-25

You keep surprising me. Like it, want it.Big Grin

- kizer - 2009-03-25

digitalhigh Wrote:Awesome...I was on the fence about that one as well, but I decided to go for it. I used the same font in the banner for the website.

I also plan on having a little splash screen with that graphic on startup. Wink

Speaking of site. I'll get that all hooked up tonight so you can display your awesomeness and give them more to drool over before you throw up a download link. Wink