Kodi Community Forum
Serenity - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Serenity (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=104)
+----- Thread: Serenity (/showthread.php?tid=44469)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-02

In addition to prettifying all the new media flags, I finally got a working copy of the Launcher plugin to play with. Expect fun fun things from the applications area now. I'm talking fanart sections for all the various emulators, creating the illusion of a video games library for the moment.

This also means that you can now link to your favorite emulators directly from the apps menu on the homescreen. Wink

Expect a test build and screenshots later tonight...after South Park.

- TerranQ - 2009-04-02

Quote:In addition to prettifying all the new media flags, I finally got a working copy of the Launcher plugin to play with. Expect fun fun things from the applications area now. I'm talking fanart sections for all the various emulators, creating the illusion of a video games library for the moment.

This also means that you can now link to your favorite emulators directly from the apps menu on the homescreen.
Heh, bye bye Aeon...

- ethan_9219 - 2009-04-02

TerranQ Wrote:Heh, bye bye Aeon...

You're CRAZY!

- TerranQ - 2009-04-02

ethan_9219 Wrote:You're CRAZY!

Laugh

Well, it is going to be a tough choice between the two of them, that's for sure.

Okay, TESTERS.

I am in the process of uploading the new build which will work with the current version of MIP to add support for resolution and audio channel flags. The only place where this is finalized is in the large info panel for Movies. I have yet to add the images to small info panels. They are in the fullscreen movie info view, but they are just there...not finalized.

As well, the launcher stuff is now in a *basic* working form. To link to emulators from the home menu, you go to customize/plugins/custom application (1-4). Under name, use the name of the system (nintendo, snes, n64, etc). Under "set button path", type "launcher\?LAUNCHERNAME", where ?LAUNCHERNAME is whatever you called it when you added that launcher. So if you added SnesX, it would be "Launcher\?SnesX".

I haven't finalized the emu-specific fanart yet, but when it's done, it will work like so:

In the skin\media\ folder, there is a folder called EmuArt. You will be able to put a folder in there with the button name used for the homescreen, and Serenity will know to look in that folder whenever the button is highlighted on the homescreen OR if you're looking at games for that button.

But, like I said, the fanart is not done yet. Basic launcher functionality, however, is there. So check it out. Upload will be done in 7:14 according to FlashFXP. Wink

Some screens:

Nintendo Emulator section (still very basic):

TV Shows w. rating, studio logo, and media flagging (live pics):

And this is the movies section. I had to re-do the MPAA logos, because they just didn't fit with the rest of the images. The one shown here is a placeholder, as my DB is currently missing MPAA stuff. Wink

- fekker - 2009-04-02

Looking very cool!!

- keeganl - 2009-04-02

great take on the tv show info. it's coming together very well. How hit me up with a pm on the weather concept I sent to you the other day

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-03

keeganl Wrote:great take on the tv show info. it's coming together very well. How hit me up with a pm on the weather concept I sent to you the other day

Hey, sorry, I've been so busy lately, I haven't even started on the homescreen's weather stuff yet. The concept will work...I've got a few tweaks in mind...basically, I think I'm going to have it so that if you highlight one thing on the weather menu, it shows the 5-day forecast, press down one, and it switches the info to hourly (if possible). Then supplemental will be a click away from that.

I've got a nice setup for emulators going. Basically, there's a folder called emuart with subfolders for all the various emulators. I figured that adding a buttload of art for every emulator is pretty tedious stuff, so I left it so you can add art for the emulators you use, and then the skin detects the emulator being viewed and displays the appropriate backart.

Still need an easy way of getting thumbnails for everything now. I've got a good set for NES, but the other systems are severely lacking.

Tomorrow I'll do custom heading banners for each emulator.

So far, I've got folders created for the following systems. These are also the strings that the skin looks for to identify where launcher currently is:

Atari (any variety)
colecovision
dreamcast
mame
n64 (also finds "nintendo 64")
nes (also finds "nintendo")
psone
sega
sega master system
snes (also finds "super nintendo")

If there's any other emus you want supported, lemme know, and I'll add them to the code. Wink

Home links:

Atari default:

Nintendo default:

Snes default:

And yes...I really have all those games. Wink

- keeganl - 2009-04-03

I have all those also. SNES FTW!

keeganl Wrote:I have all those also. SNES FTW!

How many thumbnail images do you have? Maybe we should pool our resources.

I'm working on the homescreen weather right now. Should be done in about an hour.

I also uploaded the bit with better fanart support for emulators for anybody who wants to give it a test. Had some problems with the homescreen which I've since fixed, so the art on home does NOT work yet. Will be upped tonight, along with the working weather schtuff. Wink

- fekker - 2009-04-03

digitalhigh Wrote:Snes default:

Oh yeah, that's the ticket right there.!

- manturafs - 2009-04-03

wow, you're making me want to update my emulator stuff now...

- Waffa - 2009-04-03

Don't need to do request, you're already reading my mind. Nod

manturafs Wrote:wow, you're making me want to update my emulator stuff now...

I would definitely recommend it. Here's shots of the fanart working in conjunction with the custom plugins on the homescreen. I haven't sorted out more fanart images for the various systems, but these are multiimages, and not static.

And here's the weather on the home screen:

I'm also in the process of updating the small episode info with the new flags. Big Grin