Kodi Community Forum
Three... - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Three... (/showthread.php?tid=45038)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

- Nazgulled - 2009-02-17

Hitcher Wrote:Don't forget to alter the <thumbsize> setting.
Do you recommend any value for that?

LaTropa64 Wrote:I honestly prefer the IMDB ranking. The way the star rating calculates things seems a little messed up. A movie with only a 5.6 ranking on IMDB still gets 3 stars. That's way too high... a 5.6/10 is generally a crap film.
Like someone said, it's an option, but I'm not sure what you mean... A movie rated at 5.6 is only 3 stars? No... A movie rated at 5.6 could be rounded to 5.5 (is more close to 5.5 than 6.0) and it would show 5 stars and a half. How come it would show only 3 stars?

Hitcher Wrote:How takes notice of the ratings anyway?
It's being discussed, so I guess some people care...

- sirreef - 2009-02-17

strangedaze39 Wrote:If you guys want to prepare your artwork for the new info view (which will require at least 1080p or 720p depending on your set for maximum resolution). Here's a great artwork site, it has itunes style, and my favorite part is every cover is sharp and is rid of all the small text that you find on posters (like opening 3-5-02 or the credits) It doesn't have everything but it sure has a lot.

Give it a go:
Get Video Artwork

Wow, and I thought all my hard work went generally unnoticed. Big Grin

Thanks for giving us a bit of a ad. Especially in an Aeon thread ... it's like an ad during the Superbowl.

So as not to totally hijack this thread, I would love to be a part of XBMC and future developments. I'm just not the world's best "coder" and I just don't have the time to truly devote to development when I'd rather just play with graphics. Anyone is welcome to hit me up over there and offer coding assistance ... might even be a paying gig. Nod

Anyhow, out of the country until March 2nd and then I get to hook up Stark. Oh boy oh boy oh boy! So excited.

- djh_ - 2009-02-17

Actually, you don't have to set the thumbnail cache size very high at all now. The king size posters are read straight from the original file and bypass the cache anyway, and I've found that a 400px cache size is ample for all views. Helps performance no end.

- Batemann - 2009-02-17

djh_ Wrote:Actually, you don't have to set the thumbnail cache size very high at all now. The king size posters are read straight from the original file and bypass the cache anyway, and I've found that a 400px cache size is ample for all views. Helps performance no end.

OW Yeah! Finally. Caching is SO 2007. :-) No, this sounds great, I love having the highest possible quality posterwise.
Djh, You have tested this over SMB? No significant loss in speed now you bypass the cache?

- djh_ - 2009-02-17

Well, it only bypasses the cache for the info pages which use one thumbnail at a time. The cache is actually very important as without it the coverflows etc. would just die. I'm working on a desktop which uses samba shares over wireless, so I've plenty of experience with that. The big thumbnails load instantly unless the hard drive has to spin up, which is fair enough. On the HTPC they're actually stored on, there's no discernable load time at all.

In fact, while XBMC performance under Windows 7 (my install, at least) seems to be entirely unpredictable, the skin-wide performance on my less powerful XP machine is sublime. Really smooth.

- HexusOdy - 2009-02-17

sirreef Wrote:Wow, and I thought all my hard work went generally unnoticed. Big Grin

Thanks for giving us a bit of a ad. Especially in an Aeon thread ... it's like an ad during the Superbowl.

So as not to totally hijack this thread, I would love to be a part of XBMC and future developments. I'm just not the world's best "coder" and I just don't have the time to truly devote to development when I'd rather just play with graphics. Anyone is welcome to hit me up over there and offer coding assistance ... might even be a paying gig. Nod

Anyhow, out of the country until March 2nd and then I get to hook up Stark. Oh boy oh boy oh boy! So excited.

Sirreef, do you run Get Video Artwork? I've noticed most work is your own.

If so why not make it so the artwork can be scraped? It will get alot more recognition here and alot more contributors.

- LaTropa64 - 2009-02-17

Nazgulled Wrote:Like someone said, it's an option, but I'm not sure what you mean... A movie rated at 5.6 is only 3 stars? No... A movie rated at 5.6 could be rounded to 5.5 (is more close to 5.5 than 6.0) and it would show 5 stars and a half. How come it would show only 3 stars?
I don't know why it shows 3 stars but that's the way it works on the Mediastream skin.

- Nazgulled - 2009-02-17

Maybe MediaStream only rates between 1 and 5 stars?

- pletopia - 2009-02-17

sorry to hijack this thread for a sec but i want to figure something out that has been discussed recently in this thread .. specifically posters

currently i have my imdb.com scrapper set to use 1024 thumbs and pull from the regular sources .. also i'm currently going to start downloading manually 1000x1500 thumbs and placing them in the movie dir

now .. when xbmc scrapes my movie and finds this thumb in there .. its gonna cache the 1000x1500 thumb in its userdata directory at that res, or some other res ?? furthermore, when stark is gonna use the thumbs for coverflow and movie info views which files is it gonna use? from the previous post by djh, it seems the coverflow views will use the cached tbn file (and like i said earlier .. what res is this gonna be in) and the movie info screen will use the actual file inside the movie dir ??

Stark Guide? - Pr.Sinister - 2009-02-17

djh_ Wrote:I'm actually going to post a pre-release guide tomorrow for stuff like thumbnails and naming conventions.

Hi Duncan,

When i first saw the new screenshots, all i could say was "omg, omg, omg, omg"
and i am pretty sure a few drops of a certain white substance soiled the front
of my pants Smile

But now i want to get my 1500+ movies and 275 Full Series of TV Shows ready
to work with Stark so i was wondering if you are still planning on releasing the
guide for thumbnails and naming conventions.

I am extremely anal about how i name my stuff and how everything is structured
and of course the covers and fanart so i need to get cracking right away Wink

Thanks for gracing the scene with your immense skinning/graphics talents.

-Pr.

- djh_ - 2009-02-17

Yeah, sorry about that. It's House Of The Dead night tonight but I'll see if I can find a second to finish it.

- CapnBry - 2009-02-17

Hey a skin that uses hdflagging information, nice! (even if it is only using the filename for now) For the record, you can't have DTS and Dolby Digital in the new system because they are both audio codecs and only the "best" is exported to the skin (the first with the highest channel count). May want to revise the layout to be resolution | acodec | channels.

- djh_ - 2009-02-17

Is the new system active yet?

- nekrosoft13 - 2009-02-17

CapnBry Wrote:Hey a skin that uses hdflagging information, nice! (even if it is only using the filename for now) For the record, you can't have DTS and Dolby Digital in the new system because they are both audio codecs and only the "best" is exported to the skin (the first with the highest channel count). May want to revise the layout to be resolution | acodec | channels.

why? both should be displayed, i understand for some people having one audio is not a issue.

but what if you have movies/tv shows with multiple languages.

i have quite a few movies that have English DTS and for instance Japanesse, Polish, German etc.. Dolby.

- tuckbodi - 2009-02-17

djh_ Wrote:Well, it only bypasses the cache for the info pages which use one thumbnail at a time. The cache is actually very important as without it the coverflows etc. would just die. I'm working on a desktop which uses samba shares over wireless, so I've plenty of experience with that. The big thumbnails load instantly unless the hard drive has to spin up, which is fair enough. On the HTPC they're actually stored on, there's no discernable load time at all.

In fact, while XBMC performance under Windows 7 (my install, at least) seems to be entirely unpredictable, the skin-wide performance on my less powerful XP machine is sublime. Really smooth.

Hey Duncan, I'm curious if you're aware/planning to use the improvements JMarshall is doing with the new texture load methods (post #2)? Sounds like this may help us with the slow boxes like AppleTV's a lot.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45559

Looking forward to your skin.