Kodi Community Forum
Three... - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Three... (/showthread.php?tid=45038)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

- smcnally75 - 2009-02-18

How about a Klingon translation? Wink Hey Duncan, are you done yet? Huh Big Grin

- Rand Al Thor - 2009-02-18

DJH,

Will there be fanart included in the Tv Shows node? I know that previously skinners had not done this because it was quite jarring on the eyes if the backgrounds switched rapidly. The other solution would be to add a fade in after a set amount of time but as with the current aeon info view ( the one with the slide in information) the fanart disappears instantly when the item loses focus. In this view there is enough going on with the screen that the transition is not so obvious.

Anyway, I have actually found of way of making the transitions really smooth. I have it working for Tv shows, Movies, and Music. You hover on an item and the fanart fades in nicely after a few seconds. When you leave the item, it fades out smoothly. No jerkyness, no immediate disappearing act. If you want the code you are welcome to it. I don't know what goodies you have already cooked up, so this might not be an issue any more. Cheers and thanks again for all the hard work.

- djh_ - 2009-02-18

That code would actually be very useful. You can toggle the fanart on and off from any of the windows but it's still a messy transition. The fullscreen info windows have replaced the old sliding icon/panel thing which was unreliable at best, and is now pretty much obsolete. But yeah, cleaning up the fanart transitions would be great, and if you've found a way of stopping them showing up prematurely that'd be great also.

Cheers.

smooth fanart transition - bitmaster - 2009-02-18

here is my solution for smooth fanart transition for listitem with fanart property (showcase example).
it is fast and simple.Cool
solution: previous and next backdrops are loaded hidden.

Code:
<include name="backdropsettings"> <!-- 720p settings -->
    <posx>0</posx>
    <posy>0</posy>
    <width>1280</width>
    <height>720</height>
</include>

<!-- backdrop if fanart proberty on selected item is empty -->
<control type="image">
     <include>backdropsettings</include>
    <animation effect="fade" end="100" time="200">WindowOpen</animation>
    <animation effect="fade" end="0" time="200">WindowClose</animation>
    <texture>showcase.jpg</texture>
    <visible>[[Control.IsVisible(57)] + !Skin.HasSetting(disablebackdrop)]</visible>
</control>

<!-- backdrop transition for selected item -->
<control type="image">
    <visible>!IsEmpty(listitem.property(fanart_image)) + Control.IsVisible(57)</visible>
    <animation effect="fade" delay="100" time="500" >Visible</animation>
    <texture>$INFO[listitem.property(fanart_image)]</texture>
</control>

<!-- backdrop transition for previous item -->
<control type="image">
    <visible>!IsEmpty(listitem(-1).property(fanart_image)) + Control.IsVisible(57) + Container.OnNext</visible>
    <animation effect="fade" delay="100" time="500" reversible="false">Hidden</animation>
    <texture>$INFO[listitem(-1).property(fanart_image)]</texture>
</control>

<!-- backdrop transition for next item -->
<control type="image">
    <visible>!IsEmpty(listitem(1).property(fanart_image)) + Control.IsVisible(57)+ Container.OnPrevious</visible>
    <animation effect="fade" delay="100" time="500" reversible="false">Hidden</animation>
    <texture>$INFO[listitem(1).property(fanart_image)]</texture>
</control>

improvements are welcomeWink

here one more transition with preloading same funart backdrop twice (one for visible and one for hidden transition; black.png for background):
Code:
<!-- backdrop if no item selected-->
<control type="image">
    <texture>black.png</texture>
    <visible>Control.IsVisible(57)</visible>
</control>

<!-- backdrop transition for selected item -->
<control type="image" id="777">
    <visible>!IsEmpty(listitem.property(fanart_image)) + Control.IsVisible(57) + !Container.OnNext + !Container.OnPrevious </visible>
    <animation effect="fade" delay="500" time="500" >Visible</animation>
</control>

<!-- backdrop transition for previous item -->
<control type="image">
    <visible>!IsEmpty(listitem.property(fanart_image)) + Control.IsVisible(57) + Control.IsVisible(777)</visible>
    <animation effect="fade" delay="500" time="500" >Visible</animation>
    <animation effect="fade" end="0" time="1500" reversible="false">Hidden</animation>
</control>

try it out.

- Rand Al Thor - 2009-02-18

@djh

Check your PM's. I know that PM3 has something *similar* to this but it is not very smooth. The way mine works now is quite fluid. Hopefully it helps.

@bitmaster

Do you notice a hit in performance from pre-loading those images? The way I am doing it, the backgrounds are still changing as they normally would if you have a fanart folder set but when you hover on an item the fanart just fades in over the existing image and then fades out when you move off the item. I would image if you have 4 (I think) images loaded at 1920x1080 resolution that it might slow things down. Cheers.

- djh_ - 2009-02-19

Cheers guys. I'll give both of these a go tonight and see what happens.

- nekrosoft13 - 2009-02-19

Pr.Sinister Wrote:I currently have ~6TB and i am getting 2 more 1 TB drives to replace 2 of my
small aging 250giggers. And i still have about 60 DVDs that need to be ripped
to my file server Smile. It is gonna be a pain modifying the library but so worth it
to upgrade from Aeon/Horizonz to Stark!

I hope you got good RAID or some sort of back-up would be bad if that would go down.

- djh_ - 2009-02-19

Some nice code there, Mr Thor. Works a treat.

Cheers

- Rand Al Thor - 2009-02-19

Thanks Wink I was quite excited when I finally got it working. Hopefully you can use some of it. Cheers and thanks again for the amazing skin!

- c411um - 2009-02-19

i may be able to help with a thai translation also if needed

- MrTourettes - 2009-02-19

brownstein Wrote:I can help with the Canadian translationWink

color = colour
favorites = favourites

I don't want to reveal too many. We love to throw the letter "U" in there anywhere we can.

I dont think Canadians throw them in I think the americans just remove them lol. Canadians use the correct spelling of English.

LOL I did notice though, when I lived in Canada, they still think an ass is a backside Wink God knows what they think the word arse is and know what the other word for a donkey is Wink

- HexusOdy - 2009-02-19

Regarding the issue you mentioned with Fanart showing prematurely when you move from one to the next. I'm guessing Rands code fixes that if its fading in and out, but also Horizonz IV also fixed that so there could be a tip in that code.

- pletopia - 2009-02-19

nekrosoft13 Wrote:I hope you got good RAID or some sort of back-up would be bad if that would go down.

something like this Wink

/dev/disk0s2 1.4Ti 881Gi 516Gi 64% /Volumes/~Big Pimpin~
/dev/disk1s2 1.4Ti 1.1Ti 315Gi 78% /Volumes/~Big Pimpin 2~
//pleth@n5200/raid5 2.6Ti 2.2Ti 472Gi 83% /Volumes/raid5

- Pr.Sinister - 2009-02-19

nekrosoft13 Wrote:I hope you got good RAID or some sort of back-up would be bad if that would go down.

Backup? RAID? What are those? Big Grin

Well i have a big collection of Original DVDs and Blu-rays and the most important
stuff that i have is duplicated on 2 other 1TB drives that i keep at my brother's
place.

If my stuff dies, i have a pretty Zen attitude so it wouldn't be the end of the
world... Smile

- Pr.Sinister - 2009-02-19

strangedaze39 Wrote:@Pr.Sinister :o That's insane! In a good way. Awesome collection, I can't imagine maintaining a database that large, hope you have some good tools to help ya. I do agree Stark is a worthy upgrade though. BTW I would love to see a picture of your HTPC and or server.

I'll take a picture soon... I use an Antec 900 Case for the file server and
an MCE303S for the Media Center PC.

For the price, i think this is the best case one can get. $129 USD for the case,
MCE Remote, and Multi-Card Reader

-Pr.