Kodi Community Forum
Three... - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Three... (/showthread.php?tid=45038)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

- asphinx - 2009-02-21

Okay. I think the "lack of standard" actually stems from different "poster-makers" using different standards as basis for their designs, United States and Canada using Letter size and Europe using A4. Then of course there's all the sizes in between were the various authors decided to not comply to any form of standard.

If I may be so blunt as to make a suggestion? Decide for one "standard", that actually is a standard (Personally I would go with the aspect ratio of 680x1000px as this is already quite spread as of now and of course because it minimizes my re-work..). Smile
And I'm pretty sure others will follow, considering the large amount of followers you already have. Wink

- pletopia - 2009-02-21

i've been recently getting something by 1500px (usually its like 1000-1025 x 1500)

- djh_ - 2009-02-21

I think the only way to do it "properly" is to download ten significant posters from each of the last four decades, jot down the dimensions and create an average. That said, the thumbnail views would take too long to resize now so I'm just going to match the info view up to those. I've never been too worried about precise dimensions as I've never had a perceivable problem with mine, and they're just sized to whatever-by-1080.

- asphinx - 2009-02-21

Smile .. Good to know regardless. I definitely think you should just match them, better to have something unified that works without extra hassle. (By extra, meaning everyone would have to resize everything they have just for the sake of "correct-ness", this being very undesirable and time-consuming). That being said, I still needed to express my discontent with the lack of a standard as of now. Smile

- pletopia - 2009-02-21

asphinx Wrote:That being said, I still needed to express my discontent with the lack of a standard as of now. Smile

blame the industry for that .. they are the ones that create the posters

- Nazgulled - 2009-02-21

We could start our own standard Tongue

- djh_ - 2009-02-21

The weird thing is that I used to be a projectionist and had to put all the posters up, and the US one-sheets that came in all fit the cases. Eek

- asphinx - 2009-02-22

Oh, I do blame the industry.. however faceless they are. But I feel unable to blame the industry without blaming the lack of consistency behind it, if everyone could agree to use one standard regardless if it was Letter (US Sheet) or European (A4) or any other size for that matter we wouldn't have this issue.

Nazgulled, you kind of continue my point, we should just impose a standard, I am certain a large number of people here would welcome this, but it would serve little purpose if the industry wouldn't follow or at least acknowledge the existence of "our" standard. It's wishful thinking at best! Smile

djh_, you say used to be? As in, this is no longer the case and the previous statement is no longer true? Tongue

- Rand Al Thor - 2009-02-22

djh_ Wrote:The weird thing is that I used to be a projectionist and had to put all the posters up

Really? Nice, I used to be a projectionist too! I did that all through highschool and part of college. That was a fun job actually. It also ignited my obsession with having a real "home theater." Yep, I have a projector in my house now, 120" screen, full THX certified 7.1 surround, the works. I even have a lot of the posters leftover from when I worked at the theater. They used to let us keep them when the movies were done running. I have been meaning to make a light box for them.

- djh_ - 2009-02-22

Well, according to Wikipedia:

'A one sheet is a specific size (typically 27" x 41" in size before 1985; 27" x 40" in size after 1985) of film poster advertising.'

EDIT:

...and if I put that through the Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator, what comes out is:

729x1080px

- freezy - 2009-02-22

i recently redid all my posters and i kept the same ar for all of them. what i noticed (around 1000 posters), is that the majority of the posters were around 1:1.49 in their original format. i used 1400x946 on most of them, which is 1:1.48. that's also what i measured in your previous screenshots of stark.

- djh_ - 2009-02-22

Okay, so I've clearly been here before sometime and forgotten all about it. The Showcase / Panel thumbnails are spot on for the "official" US one-sheet size, while the info screen needs a little tweak. I'll make that now, making your official Aeon size for poster thumbnails 729x1080.

- freezy - 2009-02-22

* freezy very happy with that choice Smile
guess i should start uploading my posters somewhere then..

- Arkon11 - 2009-02-22

sorry to break up the discussion about industry standart poster sizes...but earlier in this thread I asked a question if music fanart is supported.

I was wondering that if it is supported, will we be able to select fanart for artists (the way we would choose custom ones for movies) and have the fanart image show up while we are browsing the albums of oneartists, and then change to another fanart image if we choose to change artists?

- djh_ - 2009-02-22

Yes.